Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN's Herbstreit: Clemson should be ranked No. 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN's Herbstreit: Clemson should be ranked No. 1

Sep 17, 2017, 12:54 AM

ESPN's Herbstreit: Clemson should be ranked No. 1

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love what he said about us during the final minutes...

Sep 17, 2017, 1:08 AM

of the game. That's free recruiting right there.

Re: I love what he said about us during the final minutes...

Sep 17, 2017, 7:56 AM

What did he say?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2017, 11:28 AM

Basically said how he loves the way the starters react the backups when they're on the field, especially after stopping UL's first stringers when they were down at like the 5 yard line. Pretty much gave us free recruiting by implying Clemson's culture as a program is somewhere you want to go play.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2017, 10:55 AM

Yes. When Herbie and Chris say positive things about any program, it's got to help the recruiting. Millions are watching and listening.

Re: FB Update: ESPN's Herbstreit: Clemson should be ranked No. 1

Sep 17, 2017, 1:42 AM

Embarrassment of riches... I know most on here would rather not have that #1 and keep the chip on the shoulder. Honestly though, Clemson should be in strong consideration for the #1spot.

Sep 17, 2017, 7:55 AM

At this point, I think you take #1, and the chip on shoulder remains in place. Dabo has these men dialed in!

Sep 18, 2017, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN's Herbstreit: Clemson should be ranked No. 1 ]
emb.jpg(154.4 K)

If it were up to me

Sep 17, 2017, 7:56 AM

We would finish the regular season #2. I really want to win the Rose Bowl. Preferably against USC, Michigan, or PSU).

Re: If it were up to me

Sep 17, 2017, 7:57 AM

He talked about how excited the 1's were when the 2's and 3's stopped Jackson in the end, and how the program is one of the best.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They won't put Bama on the field with us in the first round.***

Sep 17, 2017, 11:15 AM [ in reply to If it were up to me ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2017, 8:55 AM

I agree with him about the rankings thing , but he implies during that speech that DW4 wasn't as much of a run threat as he was a passer .

Maybe Kirk missed him on Thursday night ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 17, 2017, 11:33 AM

I believe he was correct. Could Deshaun run? Yes. But he became a very good passer over his time at Clemson and it was either going to be a pass or Gallman that would get the ball. DW4 ran the ball more in crunch times. KB2 is a threat against any team, in any quarter, at any stage. Not to mention he is also a lot faster than Deshaun and his deep ball is developing very well. I don't think KB2 will leave the same legacy that DW4 did, not because he's not as good, but because he won't be looked at the same way we viewed Deshaun when he came in. We have plenty of talent at the QB position and with Trevor Lawrence coming in next year, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2017, 10:59 AM

I agree. DW4 is a very shifty, very clever runner. Decent, but not great speed. He's just smart as they come. KB is just flat out fast. Pretty good with the moves too. With the young runners behind KB and the new wideouts, Clemson is now lightning fast.

Sep 17, 2017, 9:46 AM

Herbstreit gets it, he see's who Dabo is, and what he has done at Clemson, and it won't be long before the entire country will have to see it, and accept it bc the best has yet to come. Dabo has done and continues to do a Masterful job with his team and our Clemson Tigers. Go Dabo, the country is watching, and they see what you are doing at little ole Clemson the right way. Pinch me, because it's hard to believe that our guys dismantled the high scoring Louisville Cardinals the way they did it in a packed Papa John's stadium with Cardinal and Clemson fans. Gooooo Tigerssss, the best is the standard!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A more balanced offense and a better defense.

Sep 17, 2017, 9:56 AM

Punting and kickoff coverage have been solid. Fewer turnovers. All adding up to us looking very good.

A few OL concerns and the FGPAT unit still needs some work.

We will be in it right up to the end this season.

And the best is yet to come?

Wow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2017, 11:12 AM

It would be refreshing to see a so called sports analyst put his rep on the live aND declare Clemson is THE team to beat. He is an equivocator, just like all the "experts". By coming around now, he acknowledges he got it wrong when he backed other storied programs that had just as many questions. The Tiger's O is clicking and the D is awesome. No turn overs for a +1 advantage against one of the best offensive team in the country .
Jackson is so wrong in intimating our D didn't make their O look bad. It wasn't their under performance, it was great D talent in their face most of game. His comment is just frustration, bad form to diss fellow team members. Just suck it up LJ and admit Goliath met David and lost.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always took it that we had a "?" at QB to start

Sep 18, 2017, 7:25 AM

the season, but we had everything else in place.

Herbstreit is now saying that the "?" is now an "!".

Stay hungry Tigers! The best is yet to come!!!

Re: FB Update: ESPN's Herbstreit: Clemson should be ranked No. 1***

Sep 18, 2017, 7:25 AM

Sep 19, 2017, 2:08 PM

The best comment Herbie made was that Dabo only recruits that have certain character traits. If they do not fit the mold of the Clemson team then he does not recruit them no matter how many stars. Just look at the number of players thrown off of other teams compared to ours. It is really starting to make a difference in every aspect of the game both on and off the field.

I heard an talk show host say that he wondered how long it was going to take people to realize that Dabo was one of the great coaches. This was several years ago. For a long time people kept giving the various assistants all the credit for any success we were having. In fact one reported rated Dabo as C for a coach but A as a CEO of the team. Just like everyone wondered what the team would be like without Watson I remember the same questions being asked when Chad Morris left and many times before that. The one constant has been Dabo so it is about time that people start giving him some of the credit for being a great coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic