Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have this friend that is a huge Syracuse fan and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 80
| visibility 1

I have this friend that is a huge Syracuse fan and

Oct 2, 2013, 9:30 PM

yesterday he was texting me telling me that they beat Nebraska and Louisville etc at the Dome.....I replied back so with those victories what was Syracuse's over all record and which BCS bowl did they attend?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.....crickets....nada back..***

Oct 2, 2013, 9:31 PM

But that's the point. Even at 2-2 they can humble the mighty

Oct 2, 2013, 9:41 PM

in the incredible non-air conditioned Thunderdome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: But that's the point. Even at 2-2 they can humble the mighty

Oct 2, 2013, 9:53 PM

Haha, "Thunderdome."

With the jingling keys and pee troughs it's more like

Oct 3, 2013, 11:49 AM [ in reply to But that's the point. Even at 2-2 they can humble the mighty ]

Tinkledome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly.....crickets....nada back..***

Oct 2, 2013, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Exactly.....crickets....nada back..*** ]

Here's your crickets:

Clemson has a nice little program there, but historically they're not in the same time zone as Syracuse. They have fewer wins overall, less than half the number of All-Americans, no Heisman winner, 6 College Football Hall of Fame inductees compared to 14 for Syracuse and no Pro Football Hall of Fame members compared to 7 for SU with Tom Coughlin soon to make it 8. They're West Virginia with fewer wins and a national championship. They're a nice little program with a good fan base; nothing more, nothing less.

We'll see come Saturday who has the "nice little program"***

Oct 2, 2013, 10:09 PM

Oct 2, 2013, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Exactly.....crickets....nada back..*** ]

I missd yournumber of National Championships. How many have you won? Also how many conference titles and bowl wins do you have? Speaking of getting an education, please educate me on these things.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2013, 10:14 PM

We have the same number of titles as you bro. Please tell me you at least knew that. I bet you were a little taken back by my paragraph. all facts bro. Historically you aren't in our timezone

Oct 2, 2013, 10:26 PM

Please do come back Saturday night bro and tell us how great your team is. Really looking forward to hearing what you have to say then. Your history lesson is very cute, but honestly all that history you quote happened long long ago. 1996 called and it wants McNabb and Harrison back. Yeah you got us then, but it will be nothing like the beat down you will get Saturday in your house. You really should try living in at least the last decade instead of the days of leather helmets and a time your program was actually something to brag about.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe that's what he means by "time zone", like a

Oct 2, 2013, 10:48 PM

generation gap or two kind of thing. It is 2013 now, right?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow.

Oct 3, 2013, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Exactly.....crickets....nada back..*** ]

We have a higher all-time winning percentage, more conference titles, more bowl wins, and our national title was from 1981.

Your somewhat disputed title was from 1959.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2013, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Exactly.....crickets....nada back..*** ]

We had a monster bowl win in '96. lol. Trust me, you guys have been trashing our program all day not knowing historically you're our little cousin. Lately you're the daddy but overall, its frankly not close.

Oct 2, 2013, 10:20 PM

1996 was 17 years ago. What does that have to do with the game on Saturday? Nothing.

Who cares about "my program is historically better than your program!!!!" Just spot the #### ball.

Oct 2, 2013, 10:25 PM

Amen. Just responding to OP talking about old ### games played years ago. He took the thread there, read his first post.

Oct 2, 2013, 10:27 PM

Just as long as you understand that your Orange are going to be beaten into the turf by our Orange. ;)

please post something justifying your claim

Oct 2, 2013, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Exactly.....crickets....nada back..*** ]

All-time program rankings:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3842161

Clemson #22
Syracuse #29

http://fansided.com/2013/08/19/scouts-com-lists-greatest-college-football-programs-of-all-time/

Clemson #26
Syracuse #43

http://www.tiptop25.com/topcolleges_ap_poll_era.html
Clemson #28
Syracuse #41

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yale, Princeton, Harvard, Penn, are in the top 15 in wins

Oct 3, 2013, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Exactly.....crickets....nada back..*** ]

I dont think that makes them better programs than Clemson.

If you go back to the 50's we're a little cousin. If you

Oct 3, 2013, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Exactly.....crickets....nada back..*** ]

look at the last 20 years, you are an insignificant program that has been wandering in the desert.

So, what do we care more about? The last 90 years, or the more relevant past that most of us have been around for?

NOT IN THE SAME TIME ZONE!?!?! LOL.....

Oct 2, 2013, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Exactly.....crickets....nada back..*** ]

How about these stats for you: You have 30 more all time wins for a program that has played 7 more years of football than we have. All time records: SU 699-497-49, CU 669-450-45, which also means in less time you have also lost more games.

Both teams have 1 National Championship while YOUR school has managed 5 conference Championships all time to OUR 18!

You have 24 Bowl appearances to our 35.

Who cares about individual awards, which is what your argument was based on, I pull for my University and when it comes to winning, i.e. Bowls and Championships it is your team who is falling behind.

BTW welcome to the ACC.....We own this...Get used to it!

Re: NOT IN THE SAME TIME ZONE!?!?! LOL.....

Oct 2, 2013, 10:29 PM

How about these stats for you: You have 30 more all time wins for a program that has played 7 more years of football than we have. All time records: SU 699-497-49, CU 669-450-45, which also means in *more* less time you have also lost more games.

^^^THIS^^^***

Oct 3, 2013, 12:00 AM [ in reply to NOT IN THE SAME TIME ZONE!?!?! LOL..... ]

Oct 2, 2013, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Exactly.....crickets....nada back..*** ]

Yes, history is good and all, but you're not fielding any of that history on Saturday...we are fielding a Heisman hopeful WR that has been been named on several watch lists (and 2011 All American), a 2013 Heisman Candidate QB (who is also nominated for several other awards such as the Johnny Unitis Golden Arm Award, was the 2012 ACC Player of the Year), a Bednarick Award watchlist DB, etc.

And you are on par with National Titles (one in 1958), but far from Clemson on conference (4 vs 14, the most in the entire ACC):
http://college-football.findthedata.org/q/56/9847/How-many-conference-titles-does-the-Syracuse-Orange-football-team-have

And you call us "little brother" but here's the all time records, which has them overall near par, Clemson slight advantage:
Clemson All Time Record 668-450-45 (0.594)
Syracuse All Time Record 698-498-49 (0.580)

Seems the main real advantage only goes to Hall of Famers and Heisman. That part is true.

HOF and Heisman is a northern media bias...***

Oct 2, 2013, 10:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2013, 12:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Exactly.....crickets....nada back..*** ]

Exactly what does this drivel have to do with THIS YEARS game?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You can't spell PENIS without ESPN!!!"

When was the last time Syracuse was actually relevant?

Oct 3, 2013, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Exactly.....crickets....nada back..*** ]

Your national title happened before a lot of the people on here were even born. You haven't done much within your conference in the last 20 years.

Nice little program, but who are you, again? Syracuse football? Hmm, haven't seen you around lately...

Re: I have this friend that is a huge Syracuse fan and

Oct 2, 2013, 9:45 PM

Syracuse is 15th or 16th in all time wins and has been to 2 BCS Bowls(1997 and 1998).

Oct 2, 2013, 9:49 PM

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syracuse_Orange_football

It is actually an underrated football program, from a historical standpoint.

Oct 2, 2013, 10:01 PM

Syracuse is 21st in all time football wins for all NCAA Football levels: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_football_teams_by_wins

How about win %?***

Oct 3, 2013, 11:33 AM

Oct 2, 2013, 10:04 PM

Tiger got your tongue now, bro. What are you 25 years old not realizing our program overall trumps yours. Hey look who got an education tonight!

What ya done lately?***

Oct 2, 2013, 10:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What ya done lately?***

Oct 2, 2013, 10:10 PM

Geno Smith, Teddy Bridgwater, _____________

So you won 1 game a year? Oh ok.***

Oct 2, 2013, 10:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you won 1 game a year? Oh ok.***

Oct 2, 2013, 10:13 PM

yup. 1 big game a year. Hey look, big game this Saturday!

NC State hoped that same thing***

Oct 3, 2013, 2:14 AM

Clemson

If this is your program, you're "not in our time zone"***

Oct 3, 2013, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: So you won 1 game a year? Oh ok.*** ]

1981*

Oct 2, 2013, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: What ya done lately?*** ]

Now ####

CuseJuice....is that what is left after a Tiger

Oct 2, 2013, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I have this friend that is a huge Syracuse fan and ]

whoops your a $ $? Sorry I was busy earlier, your sister came by but now I am back.

Trust me brother...Our campus, Our fan base, Our coaches, Our Tiger family, Our players(intelligence and character), Our Program is not even in the same Universe as Syracuse......You are a spec on a gnats' hiney.

The bottom line is no one cares about Syracuse and OUR TIGER PAW IS RESPECTED around the world....TWEET THAT...

Re: CuseJuice....is that what is left after a Tiger

Oct 2, 2013, 10:27 PM

Ah, looks like you read my paragraph with FACTS. thats nice to see. You said "crickets?" and I came back with straight up ownership of your 25 year old ### not knowing Cuse historically is pretty mighty.

I was hoping you'd be an adult and come back with a "Well i'll be ######" you chose a different tactic.

Crickets?

Where's that history showing up in the line Saturday there..

Oct 3, 2013, 12:59 AM

Punk-World? Is Jim Brown gonna jump out of a cake and say BOO? You are manufacturing dirt with that argument angle..

How's that gonna help you in what counts: the here and now? You are Lambs before the slaughter.

By the way, your retort to a 3+TD margin: that Clemson ise 10 points better than Northwestern and they waxrd you by 21 is a knee-slapper. I bet you broke your thumb counting to three!

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Syracuse does have a rich football history

Oct 3, 2013, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I have this friend that is a huge Syracuse fan and ]

but so does Duke.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ooo more wins

Oct 2, 2013, 10:14 PM

To bad it took 81 more games than our program to get a 30 win advantage in that stat.

Re: Ooo more wins

Oct 2, 2013, 10:18 PM

sounds like that paragraph was very educational for you guys. I can almost hear the collective "well i'll be ######" from Tiger nation.

Not educational...it's apples and.. well you know..

Oct 2, 2013, 10:35 PM

you can't compare wins when you had seven more years to get those wins. Lets compare losses CU 450- SU 497. As posted above you played 81 more games to have 30 more wins.

How about you quit playing football for seven years while we keep playing and we will see how that record looks in 2020?

We've done better over the games we've played

Oct 3, 2013, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Ooo more wins ]

Your higher win total does not impress, given you've played a few more years of football.

Next stat, please.

And please how many college programs played football in 1951***

Oct 2, 2013, 10:16 PM

Sorry Cuse won a national title in 59***

Oct 2, 2013, 10:18 PM

More relevant lately

Oct 2, 2013, 10:19 PM

18 conference titles didn't happen the last 18 years.

Wait you didn't have a conference championship until

Oct 2, 2013, 10:31 PM

FSU left the big east! Lol if your so great then why did the best player in the state of new York leave for a school in another time zone last recruiting class?

Oct 2, 2013, 10:32 PM

Tigers be careful with this one. Some of you are claiming his history lesson is too far back. Some of you are discounting exactly what you say to the coots everyday. The coots say 4 in a row tigers say we own the history we own your program in wins etc. now some of you are telling the cuse fan forget history what have you do lately? The coots can say back to back 11 win seasons never done by the tigers. Need to pick one history either matters and lately doesn't or lately doesn't matter but overall history does. In that case Clemson. Wins the history battle with coots but lose the lately battle. With cuse tigers win the lately battle but lose the history battle

Can't always have it both ways or some of you will look silly

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How's that dirt tasting? Don't confuse it with the chit....***

Oct 2, 2013, 10:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

History between a team we meet once and a blue moon

Oct 2, 2013, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I have this friend that is a huge Syracuse fan and ]

and the history between a team we meet annually is a little different. USuC can easily influence our season, and just might come the end of this one. Our rivalry is built upon this shared history.

Syracuse is, well, Syracuse. At least, that's how I'll make sense of this history debating going on here. But yes, I do agree that discussing history has no place between these two teams.

When it comes to USuC, it's important to remind them where they came from. I can only tolerate so much of their arrogance...

GUESS WE ABUSED CUSEJUICE....See yaaaa

Oct 2, 2013, 10:36 PM

Go Tigers....To get respect you have to earn respect..

Oct 2, 2013, 10:37 PM

Those 5 conference titles are due to the fact that Syracuse was an Independant in Football until 1991, when the Big East Football League/Conference was formed.

Oct 2, 2013, 10:40 PM

A part of the reason that the Syracuse program is older is that Syracuse University opened in 1870, while Clemson opened up in 1889.

Oct 2, 2013, 10:44 PM

One more thing people may be forgetting about Syracuse University is that it is a private institution that is actually more in line with Vanderbilt, Northwestern, etc than a major state university. Take a look at the tuition. It is not cheap......

Miami says hi***

Oct 3, 2013, 11:36 AM

I don't care when your university was formed

Oct 2, 2013, 10:47 PM

Saying all-time wins puts you in a different time zone would be like sending Shaq to the line for technical free throws in the finals because he has made more free throws than anyone on the team.

Re: I don't care when your university was formed

Oct 2, 2013, 10:59 PM

#'s don't matter on the totals when you are comparing schools that started at different times...look at my post above at the ratios...Clemson is actually the better win ratio vs Cuse's.

Oct 2, 2013, 11:00 PM

Just to explain it again, Syracuse wasn't in a Football Conference until 1991. If Syracuse was in a conference since 1953, it would have more than 5. I'm not into the name calling, but if the thread is about history, Syracuse Football's history is actually underrated. Technically, right now, Syracuse has more wins than any other ACC football program. That is surprising considering that it is a private university in a "Basketball" state/region. Syracuse is historically a streaky football program in terms of good and bad years too. It does have a winning Bowl record too.

# of Wins does matter

Oct 2, 2013, 11:02 PM

When your one of 15 schools to reach the 700 club...

They have more wins because they've played longer***

Oct 3, 2013, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: I have this friend that is a huge Syracuse fan and ]

Oct 2, 2013, 11:03 PM

He should get a prescription for Xanex and buy some hard liquor and enjoy them both about 3:00 pm on Saturday. He can read the results on Sunday when he wakes up.

No tiger on this board said the Syracuse history isn't at least respectable.

Oct 2, 2013, 11:05 PM

But to say we are in a different time zone that your program is just ignorant.

Re: No tiger on this board said the Syracuse history isn't at least respectable.

Oct 2, 2013, 11:11 PM

Just think he was stirring the pot since its gettin closer to game time..but i do think your fanbase is underestimating the dome...This will b the 1st time in about a decade 2001 Miami that we had top 5 team there and it will b louder than your team/ fanbase realizes..

Re: No tiger on this board said the Syracuse history isn't at least respectable.

Oct 2, 2013, 11:15 PM

but not louder than our team/fanbase has actually done themselves...seeing we used to be the record holders of the loudest stadium in the NCAA at over 132dB...but guess you didn't look that up, huh?

Oct 2, 2013, 11:16 PM

Here, let me help you:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_loudest_college_football_stadiums

Oct 2, 2013, 11:23 PM

That's funny cuz ESPN said the Dome was like 747...That was from 2005 ...Since we were in Big Least the last time we had this big of a game was 2001 Miami team ranked #1...Should b same type of atmosphere again

Oct 2, 2013, 11:28 PM

I can guarantee it was never that amount...ever...find any link that states it, then we'll talk.

Oct 2, 2013, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Re: No tiger on this board said the Syracuse history isn't at least respectable. ]

http://list25.com/25-loudest-college-football-stadiums/

Let's see...here, Carrier is ranked at #22 loudest stadium...Clemson #8 (and that's NCAA's rankings). You sure Clemson isn't used to it?? Not seeing anything but some lack of knowledge Cuse fans and team opinions seeming to imply that.

Oct 2, 2013, 11:47 PM

So your home fans scream when u have the ball? I havent seen 1 cuse fan say DV wasnt loud..We were commenting on how ya'll didn't think the dome or loud as its called would b loud.The sound echo's of dome roof...

Oct 2, 2013, 11:56 PM

No one ever said we didn't think it wasn't loud...what you are failing to read is we are saying ours is louder (which we play in year after year) so our team is used to loud....that'd work on some little school that hardly had a passionate fan base and didn't have a 83,000+ stadium that has hit a dB record, but you are talking a team that is ranked in the top 10 loudest stadiums...half of the Cuse fan base that read that article of opinions though seems to be treating Cuse like they are in the top 10 and Clemson wouldn't know what loud is...that is what we are educating you on. Trust me, we know louder normally.

I agree our stadium can be deafening

Oct 3, 2013, 12:03 AM

but it is a little different when it comes to our own stadium. The ear piercing noise begins when our D is on the field. Our offense should NEVER be exposed to such noises at Death Valley...we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot. So I don't think it is quite fair to compare our stadiums noise, and our offenses proficiency to that noise because truthfully, they should have never been exposed to it. Now somewhere like FSU on the other hand, can be down right intimidating. I've made that trip myself and that place can be a pretty insane...

VT can get loud, too***

Oct 3, 2013, 11:39 AM

Perhaps but you are underestimated what we are used to.***

Oct 2, 2013, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Re: No tiger on this board said the Syracuse history isn't at least respectable. ]

We'll likely have MORE people there than your fanbase..***

Oct 3, 2013, 1:01 AM [ in reply to Re: No tiger on this board said the Syracuse history isn't at least respectable. ]

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Oct 2, 2013, 11:26 PM [ in reply to No tiger on this board said the Syracuse history isn't at least respectable. ]

yup. good point. the "time zone" part was hyperbole.

Hard to disagree with that

Oct 2, 2013, 11:14 PM

But if you're relying on the dome to put points on the board the boys are in trouble.

I for one hope it is loud as he!!

Oct 2, 2013, 11:52 PM

Would love to see another good football environment in the ACC schedule. Hope we can bring excitement to the Cuse fans that aren't sure about football yet.

interesting about your "loud dome"

Oct 3, 2013, 2:38 AM

So, its gonna be loud, aye?

You do realize we played in a dome recently and it was pretty loud. About 30k more people to. And trust us, the LSwho fans made way more noise on that night than your home crowd will.

Replies: 80
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic