Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Louisville head coach doesn't understand national narrative on Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

TNET: Louisville head coach doesn't understand national narrative on Clemson

Oct 16, 2019, 1:16 PM

Louisville head coach doesn't understand national narrative on Clemson

Louisville’s Scott Satterfield is another head coach who can’t understand why the rest of the country doesn’t see Clemson as elite.
Louisville is coming off a 62-59 win at Wake Forest, the second-straight conference win for the Cardinals.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what's called, a pre-emptive CYA

Oct 16, 2019, 1:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Exactly, it would appear he's learned a lot since he got

Oct 16, 2019, 1:25 PM

fired at App State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The BOT at App St definitely made the right decision.

Oct 16, 2019, 1:26 PM

Just look at their success this year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Exactly, it would appear he's learned a lot since he got

Oct 16, 2019, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Exactly, it would appear he's learned a lot since he got ]

*he was actually hired out by Louisville, not fired at App State. Without Satt, App would be nowhere near where they are today - no one at App wanted to see him go. He's a very class act coach, glad he's starting to make Louisville a bit relevant again- just makes beating them Saturday that much better ;)

Let me guess, you're also one of those fans who says

Oct 16, 2019, 1:39 PM

Tommy Bowden resigned as opposed to being fired?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Exactly, it would appear he's learned a lot since he got***

Oct 16, 2019, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Exactly, it would appear he's learned a lot since he got ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2019, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Exactly, it would appear he's learned a lot since he got ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2019, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Exactly, it would appear he's learned a lot since he got ]

Oct 16, 2019, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Exactly, it would appear he's learned a lot since he got ]

Exactly. Satterfield is an outstanding coach and, IMO, will recruit well and will be successful at Louisville.

Oct 16, 2019, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Exactly, it would appear he's learned a lot since he got ]

App State was 11-2 when he got “fired,” including a loss to Penn State in OT. He wasn’t fired.

I'm guessing that loss to Penn State was the straw that

Oct 16, 2019, 2:05 PM

broke the camel's back in the minds of their AD. They had that game won and found a way to lose it. It was clear to everyone at that point that it was only a matter of time before he'd be fired. At least they let him finish the season before canning him.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

Dood, just stop. We get it. ur trolling. We get it.

Oct 16, 2019, 2:20 PM

sigh smh.

Long for the days of the Tigernet without antics and hyperbole.

*Dude***

Oct 16, 2019, 2:22 PM

Re: *Dude***

Oct 16, 2019, 2:29 PM

Re: *Dude***

Oct 17, 2019, 1:54 PM

I believe he is just trying to hurry to get to 100,000 posts!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dood, just stop. We get it. ur trolling. We get it.

Oct 16, 2019, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Dood, just stop. We get it. ur trolling. We get it. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Oct 16, 2019, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Dood, just stop. We get it. ur trolling. We get it. ]

From the replies, it looks like some people did not get it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2019, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Dood, just stop. We get it. ur trolling. We get it. ]

You mean there was ever such a time?

Oct 16, 2019, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Exactly, it would appear he's learned a lot since he got ]

He was not fired at App State. I lived in NC up to two years ago and he was the up and coming coach everyone loved. It was a foregone conclusion that at some point he would leave for a bigger program and it was hoped he would stay in-state (UNC, NCSU, WF, ECU). He recruits well and his teams have always played hard.

Before you make such statements I would encourage you to study the facts.

I still live in NC and before you make such statements I

Oct 16, 2019, 2:30 PM

would encourage you to study the facts.

Re: I still live in NC and before you make such statements I

Oct 16, 2019, 2:50 PM

Now I wonder what Colorado Tiger did 2 years ago to get run out of the great Carolinas like Satterfield? No one would voluntarily do so such as thing would they?

Re: I still live in NC and before you make such statements I

Oct 16, 2019, 6:42 PM

Due to serious medical issues at the time we moved to be closer to my son and his family in case I needed hospitalization or long term care.

Oct 16, 2019, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Exactly, it would appear he's learned a lot since he got ]

He did not get fired at App. They loved him and did not want him to leave. My son works there, btw.

Re: pre-emptive CYA - it worked for Mack Brown

Oct 16, 2019, 1:33 PM [ in reply to This is what's called, a pre-emptive CYA ]

ijs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

He doesn’t understand biases and agendas?***

Oct 16, 2019, 2:01 PM

I enjoyed watching App State before he was let go!

Oct 16, 2019, 2:47 PM

They still seem to be doing well. Scott moved to a better conference so he probably paid them to fire ?? him with the raise he got after being let go.

I’m sure someone will write a book about the whole App situation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

He reads and listens to too much press hoo-ey

Oct 16, 2019, 3:55 PM

He was only asked: "Clemson looks beatable from the UNC game, (whay say you)?"...

And he answered with a bunch of stuff about the national narrative stuff that I guess he reads and listens to.

He'd be better off just breaking down a little of how we were beatable and what he can try to do. He did not.

Re: He reads and listens to too much press hoo-ey

Oct 16, 2019, 4:09 PM

Actually he did some of that. Which was still the wrong approach. "Here is what we saw on film - I"ll break it down for you 5 days before the game so they have time to fix it." Career Limiting Move.

But I do appreciate him and Mack, some others are chiming in too to defend Clemson and what's been accomplished and what type program is in place.

Why would he share that?

Oct 16, 2019, 4:12 PM [ in reply to He reads and listens to too much press hoo-ey ]

If I'm a coach and I think I have identified a weakness, I'm certainly not going to disclose it publicly and give the opponent time to work-on it or correct it before the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: TNET: Louisville head coach doesn't understand national narrative on Clemson

Oct 17, 2019, 5:58 AM

Satterfield was a huge upgrade from Petrino in my humble opinion . I also think he'll do more with them than Petrino was able to .

One last thing , and I will never speak of it again... if UNCheat had went ahead on that conversion attempt there was still around 1:15 on the game clock left . Like many sensible people I felt great about our offense's chances to use that time and win the game be it with a TD or a FG . Of course the pundits ony talk about that missed 2 pt. conversion as if it would've been the deal sealer .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic