Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everyone who thinks Deshaun should just be quiet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Everyone who thinks Deshaun should just be quiet

Feb 8, 2021, 9:18 AM

And take his money,

Raise your hand if you have ever complained that the Texans are wasting Deshaun's prime, including since he signed the new contract?

Raise your hand if you agree that you have no right to complain anymore.

And that contract? He was faced with playing out his rookie contract and hoping he got to free agency healthy -- that he didn't have a Dak Prescott experience -- or signing a contract that set several generations of his family for life. He wasn't even in a position to be franchised by Houston.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone who thinks Deshaun should just be quiet

Feb 8, 2021, 9:23 AM

Life is a series of decisions and he made his but now wants to have it both ways. Everyone knew (including DW4) that the Texans were/are a dysfunctional organization. Yet he chose to sign a contract so now he needs to live up to his end of the agreement.

Feb 8, 2021, 9:36 AM

I can't disagree. As an Eagles fan we are dealing with that with Wentz now, the difference being we all want to see the ### end of him as soon as possible.

Feb 8, 2021, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Everyone who thinks Deshaun should just be quiet ]

My understanding is that DW4 was promised some input on righting the disabled franchise. And that promise was broken, several times. He is not powerless in this situation. The signing of his contract does not preclude him having opinions - and options.

BTW - DW4 has not been saying all that much. But because he is a top level QB,. he makes good copy - and everyone else in the NFL is talking about him way more than he is talking about himself.

When JJ Watt is supporting your position, I think it makes it hard to put the selfish label on DW4

Feb 8, 2021, 10:07 AM

For those who care it might be entertaining to hear all the talk about how bad it is to play for a team and make millions. For those who don't care, well let those who care talk. As for me if there is never another football game in the USA it will not make any difference in my life. Life goes on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2021, 10:17 AM

I'd offer a few destinations for him. Only deals that benefit the franchise though. Problem is his representative seems to want total control of the deal. Doesn't work that way. He signed it, regardless of any verbal promises that were made. Either play, sit, or go where the send him. Seems that those are his only options??

Feb 8, 2021, 11:19 AM

He has a no trade clause so he(meaning Watson) would have to approve any trade Houston would potentially make involving him.

Feb 8, 2021, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Everyone who thinks Deshaun should just be quiet ]

This is the key: part of his contract negotiations included input on new coach/management. Not only was that ignored, the ####### owner hired a consultant to interview people, and then went and hired people on his own. Watson found out on twitter while on vacation. I'd be pissed, too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2021, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Everyone who thinks Deshaun should just be quiet ]

My understanding is that DW4 was promised some input on righting the disabled franchise. And that promise was broken, several times. He is not powerless in this situation. The signing of his contract does not preclude him having opinions - and options.

BTW - DW4 has not been saying all that much. But because he is a top level QB,. he makes good copy - and everyone else in the NFL is talking about him way more than he is talking about himself.

When JJ Watt is supporting your position, I think it makes it hard to put the selfish label on DW4

The contract does not limit his opinion but does limit his options. Not to mention it is a bad look if he does not fulfill his end of the contract. If he really needed input in terms of managing the franchise he should have written it into the contract. BTW who lets an employee choose their bosses?

Well, the boss is clearly over his head, a liar, or just

Feb 8, 2021, 11:27 AM

plain stupid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2021, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Everyone who thinks Deshaun should just be quiet ]

The contract does not limit his opinion but does limit his options. Not to mention it is a bad look if he does not fulfill his end of the contract. If he really needed input in terms of managing the franchise he should have written it into the contract. BTW who lets an employee choose their bosses?

Just my opinion.. but I would say

Feb 8, 2021, 1:03 PM

Lebron james makes every decision on every team he is on.. probably going all the way back to AAU ball.

Jordan also had his say on who made the team and didn't.

I can't think of any 1 in the nfl that has that kind of pull though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Feb 8, 2021, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Everyone who thinks Deshaun should just be quiet ]

Isn’t that why you have agents? Are they not the one who negotiates contracts? I’m asking because I don’t know the answer to that. I can’t believe the DW drew up his own agreement with the Texans.

Feb 8, 2021, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Everyone who thinks Deshaun should just be quiet ]

LOL. And if your employer becomes a s*** show heading toward bankruptcy what do you do? You have a contract right? So you stay and cross your fingers?

Oh wait....you'd probably leave that sinking ship.

The NFL contracts are horrendous. They ask these young men to sacrifice their bodies for life with little choice in how it happens. DW4 should do what's right for him and his future. Getting pummeled for $25m a year isn't worth a lifetime of crippling injuries, head fog and other unknown dangers.

People should think about that before they decide on a career in football.

Feb 8, 2021, 6:50 PM

The decision pro players have made is that they are willing to risk injury for the opportunity to play professional football and make millions of dollars.

If that’s not worth the risk, don’t play. But once you’re there, spare me the sob story about possibly having lifelong injuries.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I dunno. I make decisions based off facts and

Feb 8, 2021, 10:28 AM

I don't have any.

I don't know what was said between watson and the Texans.

For example. Say you were working a job in construction and wanted to leave because it was overwhelming. management promised you 4 more people to get you to stick it out.

Then the next week they tell you they changed their minds.. you get 1 person and deal with it cause you resigned the contract.

Then you mentioned it to some of your peers in construction circle.. then the next day everybody with a shovel is on construction.net calling you a crybaby.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I dunno. I make decisions based off facts and

Feb 8, 2021, 8:44 PM

I think you should just dig your hole and shut your mouth. Construction workers are such babies, we pay the literally tens of dollars. Should just do their job and go home.

Feb 8, 2021, 1:24 PM

The fool shouldn't have signed the contract. It's a case of wanting to have your cake and eating it too. Stupid is as stupid does!

Feb 8, 2021, 1:55 PM

If anyjuan could identify stupid, it would be you Coot.

Initially I though it was largely BOB who was...

Feb 8, 2021, 2:07 PM

wasting DW's prime and while that was true, pi$$ poor coaching and bone-headed decisions now appear to be a cultural issue among the senior level management within the Texans organization.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 8, 2021, 3:54 PM

rse said:

He was faced with playing out his rookie contract and hoping he got to free agency healthy -- that he didn't have a Dak Prescott experience -- or signing a contract that set several generations of his family for life. He wasn't even in a position to be franchised by Houston.

Yes, he was in a position to be franchised. This is his 4th year. 2021 would be year 5, the final year of his rookie contract. 2022 he would have been franchised. 2023 he would have been franchised again.

Whether he signed the big contract or not, he would have been stuck in Houston until at least the 2024 season.

By signing, as you said, he secured a long-term deal that protects him better in case of injury.
If he had not signed, he would essentially be one 1-year contracts for the next 3 seasons.

Feb 8, 2021, 6:32 PM

He signed the contract. Now shut up and do your job that you agreed to do. Got woke now he's a joke. If you want to have a say in personnel decisions retire and become a general manager. Nobody forced him to sign the contract.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My take is DW4 is executing his exit strategy

Feb 8, 2021, 7:39 PM

Like it or dislike it, he is making his moves to leave the dysfunctional owners and management team. Accepting the contract and insisting upon a "right to refuse" for franchises not of his liking were smart steps in that direction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m honestly ashamed of a lot of you

Feb 8, 2021, 8:02 PM

Y’all loved DW4 when he was here, playing for free, and winning championships. Bottom line, and I’m probably gonna get downvoted for this but I don’t care. Clemson was irrelevant before deshaun. Sorry not sorry. He brought us back to national relevance and y’all seem to forget that. Now he is in the league and y’all turn your back on him. What happened to “once a tiger always a tiger?” You bunch of hypocrites. And it’s not just DW4, a lot of y’all have turned your backs on several former tigers when they do or say something they don’t like. Get over yourselves.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2021, 8:07 PM

DW is a prime example why after Clemson, I could care less what they do with their lives. Their usefulness to me is complete,

He agreed to get paid ridiculous amount of money to perform his act for the owner of the team. Either do your job, or give the money back and go use your free Clemson education to get a job like everyone else.

Life’s to busy to pay too much attention to a unhappy 1%er

Do me a favor

Feb 8, 2021, 8:13 PM

And go pull for another team. I hear the coots are taking applications

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic