Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Eric MacLain
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Eric MacLain

Jan 15, 2021, 4:25 PM

I wonder if he would ever get into coaching? Personality wise, he would be an awesome replacement for Caldwell. I don’t really watch the ACC Network outside of games, but he might even have some nice face recognition with families and such in his current role.

The hire of CJ Spiller just got to me thinking of which former player will be the next to come on staff. We have a lot of good ones!

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Eric MacLain

Jan 15, 2021, 4:34 PM

He would be excellent choice!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 4:53 PM

Great idea. He would be an excellent line coach, I believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 7:39 PM

Great idea. Thomas Austin would be great, and he is getting great expertise at GSU.

Jan 15, 2021, 7:40 PM

A good option. Another option is Tyler Shatley. Clemson Civil Engineering graduate. Blue collar, successful lineman. Plays with an “attitude.”

Jan 16, 2021, 11:11 AM

A good option. Another option is Tyler Shatley. Clemson Civil Engineering graduate. Blue collar, successful lineman. Plays with an “attitude.”

Tyler Shatley is still an active player in the nfl. Started at Center for the Jags this past year.

Jan 16, 2021, 12:31 PM

Correct, Shatley was re-signed this year as a flexible backup OL. Read where he can play all 5 positions which could be beneficial as a coach. Also served as a long snapper. Came to Clemson as a fullback, grew into a lineman. Even had a 40 yard punt avg in HS. If he is interested in coaching after his playing days, he has a good resume. Maybe he could be a GA like CJ.

Jan 16, 2021, 8:59 AM

I have always hoped Deshaun would come back as a coach one day. His skills and work ethic are off the chart. His great personality couldn’t hurt. No idea if that translates into being a great coach, or recruiter, but the name recognition, athletic success and fame would be there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 16, 2021, 9:16 AM

not sure at all - just guessing - kinda think he put considerable effort into getting his current gig

if he were gonna coach - he might have already pursued that. who knows, he might be able to ride his current far into the future

null

Jan 16, 2021, 10:36 AM

I don't know how Eric MacLain would do, but I have never understood the perception that a player will make a great coach. I am hoping that Spiller will work out well as RB coach, but I am cautiously optimistic. Spiller had some natural gifts that very few have even in the group of elite prospects. Will he be able to pass other skills on to young men without his gifts? I am excited that he is there because I think that he is a high character individual, but I will reserve judgement as a RB coach for later.

Jan 16, 2021, 10:39 AM

Dabo has had time to observe CJ coaching this year and must like what he sees.

Eric MacLain is a spokesman for Duck Donuts

Jan 16, 2021, 11:14 AM

I doubt he would want to take a cut in pay to come Coach the OL. ??

Jan 16, 2021, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Eric MacLain ]

I'm sure Dabo has observed that CJ has the right skills but I agree that being able to play doesn't mean you can teach. Teachers have a special skill set and that goes as well for being able to inspire. Can you teach, encourage, and inspire?

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic