Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Entire DL needs to be benched.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Entire DL needs to be benched.

Oct 3, 2020, 11:13 PM

Retooled and fixed

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take a look at the LBs while you’re at it...

Oct 3, 2020, 11:15 PM

I love that they are both big hitters but they are slow as molasses.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Entire DL needs to be benched.

Oct 3, 2020, 11:17 PM

Yep they looked like trash tonight, hope it gets better. We've gotten spoiled with the 6'5" 350lb NFL linemen we've had the past half decade.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The same DL missing 3 starters already?....

Oct 3, 2020, 11:31 PM

The 3 starters who happen to have a ton of experience.....Tyler Davis, Justin Foster and XT?

Their time will come. Those 3 and Breese....with Murphy, KJ, etc. rotating in.

We just haven't seen it yet. But Miami probably will.

^^ gets it

Oct 4, 2020, 1:11 AM

Nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2020, 11:33 PM

That would require DL coaches adept at coaching. Hall and Bates are great recruiters, but nowhere near Brooks and Hobby in terms of developement.

Oct 4, 2020, 12:58 AM

I thought they did not play well, but I attribute much of it to us running a three-man front. We got zero pressure for most of the night on their QB, and he sure completed a lot of passes for only rushing 3 linemen and maybe one LB. Disdappointed. I didn't think our O-line was particularly stellar either.

Oct 4, 2020, 4:10 AM

Let's give that OL for UVa some credit , they're a well coached and solid bunch .

Also , 3 starters out right now and playing backups and freshmen .

They could've played better yes , but lets not fire up the kettle just yet .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 4, 2020, 6:57 AM

I thought the whole team looked like crap last night compared to how they should have and needed to look. Every week all I hear is wait until so and so gets back. You play with who you have available. DL looked awful, OL looked awful and play calling was horrible. 9 and 16 ran into each other a dozen times last night in the 1st half. I can't attest to the 2nd half as I didn't watch it. They need to focus on football and forget about what name they have on the back of their jersey. That team has their head in the wrong place right now. They keep playing like that and someone will smoke them before the reg season is over.

Oct 4, 2020, 8:07 AM

You didn’t watch the second half...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They looked nothing like numbeer 1

Oct 4, 2020, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Entire DL needs to be benched. ]

And they wont be after the polls come out. Was terrible. Made Virginia look like a top 10 team. Team needs to refocus. At this rate, we definately are not hungry enough to win any national championship.

The coaches and players have not prepared well.

Probably too busy making statements .

Considering other top 10 teams this week

Oct 4, 2020, 9:03 AM

UVA probably played as well as several of them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 8:26 AM

I think there are concerns across the board at this point.

The D quite honestly is good but nowhere near the defenses we have been accustomed to seeing over the past 8 years or so at this point. They are young though. So if we can get through the ACC we will have a better performance towards the end of the year. I was really concerned with the lack of pressure for most of the game. LBs seem average as well.

Offensive line did not look good in the run game last night. Pass pro was solid. Again they need a little time to gel too. But they are not as good as the lines we had the last 2 years at this point.

Receivers are solid but not great. Losing Ross hurt. I think we may need to look at moving Amari to the outside and starting Spector in the slot. We are getting little production from Ngata.

Now. This is nitpicking and I do not think there is a team in the ACC that can beat us, but if we are talking about the playoffs Bama looks better at this point in time. Looking forward to seeing the growth of this team.

Oct 4, 2020, 8:50 AM

-We had last week off after playing a high school team the week before so this was basically our first game
-We were missing starters on the D line
-He kept playing the Odd D Line front (ask Brent)
-Give Va some credit, they have big strong smart players and played with grit and determination
-We were never in danger of taking a loss
-We actually needed a hard nose game like that because we will play the U, Pitt, Vt, and ND all of whom are built from the same mold so as I sat on the couch I cringed however this am I am glad we took some shots and punches and bounced back

Go Tigers

Oct 4, 2020, 9:03 AM

He stayed in a 3 man front d/t QB being their best RB. I think it’s a bit ridiculous that he’d sometimes run let a fullback and deliver blows, and sometimes slide. How is the defender supposed to decide how to hit?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic