Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I didn’t like the hit by Wilkins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 97
| visibility 1

I didn’t like the hit by Wilkins

Nov 11, 2018, 11:09 AM

I know that it is completely legal by the NCAA book, but he definitely could have avoided driving him down and injuring him. I hate seeing (almost) any player get injured, especially when the cause is avoidable. These are still kids we are watching and you never know when an injury might jeopardize their health or career.

Flame or troll if you want, but there’s a reason the NFL is removing hits like that. I really hope his internal injury doesn’t turn out to be serious.

I say “almost” because I’d be perfectly fine with Bentley taking a pile driving.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: I didn’t like the hit by Wilkins

Nov 11, 2018, 11:11 AM

I don’t think honk it was entirely intentional. He is such a big guy, it’s like a bull in the china closet, stuff is just going to get broken and it doesn’t mean to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ehh....

Nov 11, 2018, 11:19 AM

I’ve watched it a few times and Christian pretty clearly leaves his feet and lands on top of him unnecessarily. He’s also got a history of doing this.

Again, he didn’t break any rules. I just don’t want our players to be attempting to injure our opponents.

Re: Ehh....

Nov 11, 2018, 11:22 AM

Soccer forum is that way >>>>>>>>

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 11:26 AM

Flame if you want, but there’s a reason the NFL is removing these hits. They are dangerous and unnecessary. Who knows what this internal injury may end up being. I hope the kid is okay.

This isn't the NFL***

Nov 11, 2018, 5:36 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NFL forum is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>***

Nov 11, 2018, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Ehh.... ]

Nov 11, 2018, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Ehh.... ]

That is the way Wilkins hits, I have seen him do it many times this year. He picks them up and drives them into the ground. This is how I was taught to hit when I played, but today’s rules it could have easily been a penalty. I don’t think it’s dirty but it’s right on the edge in 2018. It just goes back to another time of football.

Buuuut, I’m sure many of you would be losing your mind if Harris snapped TL up like that.

Exactly.

Nov 11, 2018, 11:32 AM

I’m sure people will remove the orange glasses when the Bama guys are trying to do this to Trevor.

This is a game they are playing. If there’s a type of hit that causes injuries unnecessarily, then it needs to be removed. Targeting, chop blocks, horse collars, etc. This game does not have to jeopardize the health of the players.

Correct. "When" not "If" Bama does this to Trevor.

Nov 11, 2018, 12:41 PM

It's up to our OL to stop it. They'll need to be better than Anchrum was last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Correct. "When" not "If" Bama does this to Trevor.

Nov 11, 2018, 1:01 PM

Well said - at one point I told my son that maybe we need to bring the D line in to substitute for the O line.

Wilkins' hit was not intentional as some are implying, and we could argue all week, but I can tell you that Bama's defense IS going to hit us harder and with great intention. I've seen Saban send a player in to do nothing but "sweep the leg" - his / their goal is to win, no matter the cost. Bama's reputation and such...

when specifically did Saban send someone in with the

Nov 11, 2018, 2:30 PM

explicit purpose to injure?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly.

Nov 11, 2018, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Exactly. ]

I fell like he was just trying to secure the tackle.
It appeared to me he was just trying to get a grip on the QB and instead of allowing the runner to pull him and potentially get loosed,
He C.W. Throws his feet up to help slow the runner.

But, I do hope AB is better, and I would hate seeing that against Trevor.

It is a good thing we have a capable back up QB who does get reps and has that big game experience.

Are you kidding? If jeopardizing the health of players was a concern

Nov 11, 2018, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Exactly. ]

we wouldn’t play football at all. I know they try to limit injuries to some extent with recent rule changes, but at the end of the day football is still a violent sport. Big, strong, athletic guys are hitting one another for several hours. Injuries are going to occur, regardless of pads and rules in place.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nov 11, 2018, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Ehh.... ]

Maybe the amazing ESPN analyst Desmond Howard can give us his take. You he is amazing and just the most awesome dude. Whatever he says is the truth and he can make everything right in the world

Nov 11, 2018, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Ehh.... ]

Thank you. Jesus someone shut that fruit cake up.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Did you watch it super slowed down?

Nov 11, 2018, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Ehh.... ]

I mean if you're offended by Christian's clean hit in REAL TIME. Perhaps football is NOT for you!

A hard hit isn't "necessary." This is football.***

Nov 11, 2018, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Ehh.... ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 11:13 AM

I’m gonna go ahead and guess you never played a high level of football. Those are the hits I miss.

Nov 11, 2018, 11:15 AM

I’m sorry he got hurt but that basiclly ended the game right then and there. Defense didn’t give up a point all night. Held them to 113 total yards.

Nov 11, 2018, 11:15 AM

You cannot ask players to play half speed. They are taught to play full speed within the rules of the game.

Change the rule might be the best answer.

Nov 11, 2018, 11:17 AM

Why don’t we just play two hand touch and change our mascots to less scary things like the clemson teddy bears and the USC chicklets? It’s football for Christ sake

Nov 11, 2018, 11:43 AM

Nobody is forcing people to play football. If you don't like the hits don't play. CW42 is a nasty player. FSU used to try and kill quarterbacks and nobody said anything.

I hope the kid is ok, but enough with the overblown safety rules. Targeting gets called for tapping helmets now. It should be reserved for intentionally trying to KO a guy with helmet to helmet.

Wilkins knows exactly what he's doing. He buried one of those FSU QBs too. Bama will try and dismember TL if we run him. They will hit him as he's going out of bounds. Their DBs are the dirtiest in the country and they get away with murder. I hope CW buries Tua in the same fashion. It would be some sweet karma for Bama and the $EC.

If you don't like the hits go pull for the soccer team ====>

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 1:31 PM

Nobody is forcing people to play football. If you don't like the hits don't play. CW42 is a nasty player. FSU used to try and kill quarterbacks and nobody said anything.

I hope the kid is ok, but enough with the overblown safety rules. Targeting gets called for tapping helmets now. It should be reserved for intentionally trying to KO a guy with helmet to helmet.

Wilkins knows exactly what he's doing. He buried one of those FSU QBs too. Bama will try and dismember TL if we run him. They will hit him as he's going out of bounds. Their DBs are the dirtiest in the country and they get away with murder. I hope CW buries Tua in the same fashion. It would be some sweet karma for Bama and the $EC.

If you don't like the hits go pull for the soccer team ====>

Nobody makes you play football.

Nov 11, 2018, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I didn’t like the hit by Wilkins ]

Why don’t we just play two hand touch and change our mascots to less scary things like the clemson teddy bears and the USC chicklets? It’s football for Christ sake

Nov 11, 2018, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I didn’t like the hit by Wilkins ]

A REAL Clemson fan would NEVER attack a player in such a manner . USC season tickets go on sale soon. If this is how you want to talk about players please buy those tickets and attend those games. Clemson does not need you and our players do not need you !

Nov 11, 2018, 12:55 PM

I loved Wilkins's hit; but I also like to hurt people, especially coots !

A CLEAN hit like the hit by Wilkins

Nov 11, 2018, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I didn’t like the hit by Wilkins ]

And you are lobbying for a rule change?!

Nov 11, 2018, 11:16 AM

Wilkins is a big boy and the game moves so fast, there was nothing intentional. He's very powerful, he can't help how someone else's body reacts to being hit.

And another thing. These kids work so hard and go plays without making a tackle or even touching the person with the ball. When they get a chance to hit somebody, the last thing on their mind is trying to "drive somebody in the ground" or injure somebody. They are trying to make a play to help their team. Anybody that criticizes Christian for that hit doesn't understand football or the effort and time these young men put in to it

SOCCER ALERT

Nov 11, 2018, 11:17 AM

If BC QB had done his job, tucked the ball and taken his hit he would have been fine. He was reckless in trying to jump and throw. He absolutely brought the hit upon himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see it the same way - the BC QB was trying to make a play

Nov 11, 2018, 11:24 AM

and in doing so accentuated the force and impact with the ground.

Re: SOCCER ALERT

Nov 11, 2018, 11:37 AM [ in reply to SOCCER ALERT ]

I wonder if 'Bama fans give a rats behind when one of their goons spatters an opposing player.

Re: SOCCER ALERT

Nov 11, 2018, 11:38 AM

I meant to say "splatters".

Bango!***

Nov 11, 2018, 2:47 PM [ in reply to SOCCER ALERT ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 11:18 AM

So he should have just gently placed him on the ground? He grabbed him with one hand and finally got him where he could tackle him. He was making sure he didn't escape like we have seen so many qbs do. If you are a snowflake then you don't need to watch or play football. Injuries happen. Our guys have been hit a littl harder than they should have been but it's football.

Hold on a minute.

Didn't spazio call for a fist fight?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, this all could have been avoided...

...if the BC QB had just politely handed Wilkins the ball and pointed the way to BC's endzone I'm sure they could have shared tea this morning.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was it too cold for snowflakes to melt?***

Nov 11, 2018, 11:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bazinga!***

Nov 11, 2018, 11:42 AM

Nov 11, 2018, 11:20 AM

The game is called football! He was in the process of sacking him and he (qb) managed to get rid of the ball. Only in cartoons can you freeze frame and walk backwards. There was no malicious intent on CW's part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 11:25 AM

PUHHLEEEEEEEASE.

Nov 11, 2018, 11:28 AM

Hard hits are just a part of a hard hitting game and he didn’t do anything close to illegal. Those new nfl rules are garbage and I’m thankful that hit isn’t illegal in at least one brand of football . My gosh people want two hand touch

Nov 11, 2018, 11:30 AM

At the risk of getting TDs, I have to agree. It was a bit over the line, and CW42 is better than that. Lots of teams throw around cheap shots and try to intentionally injure opposing players - we need to avoid even the appearance of that kind of thing, or we can expect retaliation. I don't like seeing kids get hurt, even ones I don't like much.

Yea, I knew it wouldn’t be popular

Nov 11, 2018, 11:44 AM

But it’s pretty obvious what Christian was trying to do. And he’s got a history of making hits like this.

He’s a good kid, and I don’t think he means to injure anybody. I think he is just trying to cause pain in a legal manner per the NCAA. However, he definitely will need to clean that up before he plays at the next level.

Ultimately, they are playing a game. This game shouldn’t have to cost anybody their health.

Re: Yea, I knew it wouldn’t be popular

Nov 11, 2018, 2:43 PM

“He’s got a history of making hits like this”
What are you talking about??? Christian does not have a reputation of being a dirty player or making questionable hits. That’s a ridiculous comment.

you Need to rewatch at full speed. QB scrambling away

Nov 11, 2018, 11:32 AM

from Wilkins who is running full speed to get to him. He can not just stop on a dime. Qb had not released the ball until contact was made. This is football. I think you have an agenda

Message was edited by: tigertrain®

He needs to watch it from his safe space.***

Nov 11, 2018, 11:35 AM

Watch it again.

Nov 11, 2018, 11:37 AM [ in reply to you Need to rewatch at full speed. QB scrambling away ]

Christian has him easily wrapped up and tackled. The QB releases the ball. Then on the way down, Christian clearly leaves his feet and drives his upper body into the QB into the ground. This would be a textbook example of the new NFL penalty.

I understand that it’s not popular to not continuously praise our players. But it’s more important to protect ALL players than it is to praise our own.

Nothing easy about a 300 lb man running full speed.

Nov 11, 2018, 11:42 AM

And thats why NFL sucks

Re: Nothing easy about a 300 lb man running full speed.

Nov 11, 2018, 12:58 PM

The NFL QB's need to wear Pink Tutu's Lol!

Ben Bowlware drove a QB into the ground.

Nov 1, 2018, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Watch it again. ]

Wilkins didn't elevate his hips above his shoulders and drive at all. You need to check the rules. Christian basically tackled the QB and the injury was from the OB trying to turn to lessen the impact. Christian didn't even lower his head or use his shoulder to drive the guy.

Was it violent, yes. It was brutal but that's not immoral or illegal, it's football.

Re: Ben Bowlware drove a QB into the ground.

Nov 11, 2018, 5:58 PM

The exact same hit from Boulware would have a different impact on the opposing player because of the 85-lb difference in the two defenders. I don't believe Wilkins had any malicious intent. There was just a lot of mass and a lot of acceleration in the equation.

I've seen that exact same tackle literally 1000s of times...

Nov 11, 2018, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Watch it again. ]

It was clean. The new NFL rules on QBs is horrible. Ruining the game.

I hate Brown got injured but

Nov 11, 2018, 11:35 AM

Re: I hate Brown got injured but

Nov 11, 2018, 11:45 AM

I just looked at the play (thanks for the video). Christian is chasing him, grabs a hold, Brown jumps and throws while Christian is already body to body. At the speed they are moving, and the fact that Brown is in the air and has absolutely no mobility, there was only one way for that play to end. Gravity is a powerful force. What was Christian supposed to do? Lay off? I seem to recall three Clemson punt return cover guys laying off and you saw how that ended.

Nov 11, 2018, 11:46 AM

Wilkins coming for Tua

Nov 11, 2018, 11:50 AM

Come on man. Do you honestly believe Christian was trying to knock the guy out of the game. If this keeps up they are gonna make it to where the QB has flags on his waist and they no longer get hit. It’s football guy get hit/tackled. They know what they are getting into when they play.

So - do you also not like hard tackles on runningbacks?

Nov 11, 2018, 11:54 AM

The hit was legal.

Football is a violent sport.

Did you not hear Adazzio's pre-game peptalk about being physical?

Did you play organized football?

If it was within the rules - I'm not sure why or how you can object to it!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I did play high school football

Nov 11, 2018, 12:03 PM

I also suffered a concussion that I played through because at the time it was just a “stinger”.

I also had a very good friend airlifted off of the field because a safety took his head off during a game. He was lucky not to be permanently paralyzed.

Lastly, we had an opposing player literally die while we were playing them.

I understand that football is violent. But protecting players is the #1 priority.

We will disagree.

Nov 11, 2018, 12:18 PM

I'm sorry for yours and friends' bad experiences.

If safety is priority #1, what would suggest the rule change be to make this illegal and would an ejection be in order for Wilkins, if the player was not injured or is injury a problem?

null

I love football

Nov 11, 2018, 12:24 PM

I hate injuries. It’s just part of the game though.

No, I don’t think this rule should be changed because it would add another layer of opinion on how you could hit somebody. It’s a fine line/grey area. I would be super happy if Dabo and our coaches taught against hits like it though. That would be awesome and would certainly even further differentiate Clemson from every one else.

If I had to bet, I’d wager that the NCAA will end up implementing a rule similar to the NFL.

And when the new rule is developed

Nov 11, 2018, 12:29 PM

I HOPE IT IS CALLED OBJECTIVELY.

Until then, your dislike of the tackle is duly noted and still legal and part of the game.

null

You keep referring to "hits like this", so I assume

Nov 11, 2018, 2:04 PM [ in reply to I love football ]

you're accusing CW of a "dirty" hit. If this is the case, you need to review the video and confront the facts. First, both CW and the QB were moving full speed. Then, when he was in CW's grasp, the QB left his feet and pivoted in an attempt to throw the ball. This effectively cancelled his forward momentum, while CW's momentum continued unabated. As they went down, which physics dictates must happen, you will note that CW does not lower his head or chest, but appears to be trying to keep them elevated. At the same time as the players strike the ground, you will see CW's knees straddle the QB's body and take his weight. I don't know what else he could have done, other than to not attempt to do his job and tackle the ball carrier.

So, if you're saying it was a "dirty" hit by CW with the intent of injuring a player, I adamantly disagree with you. If you're saying it was a 300 lb defensive tackle pursuing and taking down the opposing QB and landing on top of him on a hard field, which resulted in an injury, then I agree with you. Unfortunately, you can't come up with "rules" to prevent accidental injuries during perfectly normal tackles. To do so would be to penalize a player for doing nothing wrong.

I truly hate that the player was hurt, and I hope it turns out not to be serious, but please don't turn this around to say that BECAUSE the player was hurt then the hit MUST have been dirty. No way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The best way to protect players is to tell them not to play

Nov 11, 2018, 12:28 PM [ in reply to I did play high school football ]

football.

Football is a violent sport and will always have danger. Now that we are more educated about the dangers, people can decide to participate or not.

The good news is that there are other sports for people who do not want to risk the dangers of football.

Re: I did play high school football

Nov 11, 2018, 12:57 PM [ in reply to I did play high school football ]

So because of your personal experiences we need to change the game to protect everyone? Should we make all autos meet the same specs as a NASCAR racing car to save injuries and lives? Man go back to your tennis game...

Its a defenders job to make the hit as punishing as possible

Nov 11, 2018, 12:10 PM

Wilkins did not try to injure the QB. He did not cheat. He did not go after a knee, or target, or hit late or anything like that. The guy make his tackle as hard as possible. We want QB's to feel hits. We don't want them hurt, but having a ruptured spleen is a freak accident. No way anything like that entered Wilkins' mind.

THAT IS FOOTBALL.

The NFL is no longer football.

Re: Its a defenders job to make the hit as punishing as possible

Nov 11, 2018, 12:18 PM

Yea I know. That’s how Christian was taught to hit. That’s how I was taught to hit. That’s how basically every defender was taught to hit.

However, I was also taught to spear people with my helmet. Obviously we have gotten smarter with protecting players as we’ve realized how dangerous certain actions can be.

I don’t care if the NCAA changes their rule or not. I just don’t like seeing any player injured. We will see how many of these guys are on here crying when Bama or Georgia is trying to do the same thing to Trevor.

gtriple party of one your table is ready

Nov 11, 2018, 12:25 PM

Probably a lot of Clemson fans would be freaking out, but

Nov 11, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Its a defenders job to make the hit as punishing as possible ]

that would be a problem with hypocrisy, not the rules of football.

You can't enforce a rule about legal tackles that are too violent. It KILLS the game. Either cancel football or leave it alone at this point.

Interesting that you were taught to spear with your helmet.

Nov 11, 2018, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Its a defenders job to make the hit as punishing as possible ]

Bad coaching or fantasy?

I was taught to keep my head up. Or that I could miss

Nov 11, 2018, 12:29 PM

a tackle or break my neck with my head down.

My point exactly sir.

Nov 11, 2018, 12:31 PM

I'm starting to doubt the "Story Time" part of gtriple®'s posts!

Nov 11, 2018, 12:19 PM

The hit falls in the same category of the hit Trevor took in the Syracuse game...legal but not required for the tackle.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your snowflake ways will kill this sport, go watch

Nov 11, 2018, 12:22 PM

Soccer or field hockey, please leave football alone. Also please delete yourself, your snowflake attitude is not wanted in this sport! I do not understand you ppl, it's a game of contact, now you Dumba $$ are acting like you want to control the players attitude and intent.. ###??

When Alabama, FSU, Miami, etc make a that hit everybody

Nov 11, 2018, 12:25 PM

talks about how great their athletes are and how tough their team is, when we do it people have to act like the world is coming to an end, and we need to further change the rules of football. I would just suggest if you don't like the big hits then watch a different game and not change it for everybody else.

OP never played football, much less

Nov 11, 2018, 12:42 PM

Any contact sport...prolly debate team in high school...

I see it both ways. The extra weight was unecessary to get

Nov 11, 2018, 12:44 PM

him to the ground..but it also can have an effect on the game as it goes on, mkaing a QB hesitant to run and wearing down their will.

It sucks that he got and the extra weight fall on top of him definately was not needed. I think Wilkins was trying to hurt him a bit, though I don't believe he was trying to injure the QB.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Were you on Tnet protesting hard hits taken by Deshaun, Tajh

Nov 11, 2018, 12:44 PM

and other Clemson quarterbacks? If not, I suspect an agenda...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 11, 2018, 12:48 PM

Let’s just call it the snowflake bowl and play two hand touch.

Looks like you are new to football...

Nov 11, 2018, 12:52 PM

It’s called “tackle” for a reason - kid eats the ball and no problem. Hate he got hurt - stuff happens in games. No malice whatsoever by #42.

It's not a sissy game and why you obviously did not play it.

My thoughts on this particular sack by Wilkins...

No question Christian manipulated Brown's body to land on top of him.

HOWEVER, Brown was continuing to run to avoid the sack. Christian had a piece of his arm and was trying to get just enough to slow him down to then wrap him up. We've seen too many QBs that escape a lineman's grasp and then extend the play and the secondary has broken stride and low and behold, a 50 yd pass downfield.

Brown has to consider the risk he is taking by forcing himself into that position to extend the play. That lineman is SLOWER than the QB, and the lineman has to WRAP up that QB who more often than not, will slip his grasp.

I see Wilkins in this case as Brown barely slipping his grasp and then scrambling for a downfield throw, RATHER than ACCEPTING that he is about to get sacked and TURN his body AWAY from the impending lineman and take the sack.

I get the instinct to survive and scramble out, but there has to be an awareness by the QB to realize what he is doing to that instinct of the lineman to WRAP up this slippery, faster QB, and get him on the ground AT ALL COST. The AT ALL COST here is the operative and debatable issue.

Wrapping him up to then land on him is part of that WRAPPING UP. Christian didn't actually pile drive Brown, but he did make sure that he landed on top of him.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Yoo Hoo......Hey Hun......***

Nov 11, 2018, 1:06 PM

Nov 11, 2018, 1:51 PM

Keep in mind Christian was probably amped up from playing back near his hometown and he also had 80 something friends and family there to cheer him on. I'm sure that excitement led to him coming in with a bit more speed and power than usual.

Also, opposing QB's have been managing to bail out a LOT of shoulda been sacks this year by squirting the ball out on the way down so I'm sure that gets super frustrating at a point and you just want to get the QB down as quickly as possible.

^^^^ This pretty much sums it up ^^^^

Nov 11, 2018, 5:23 PM

The QB still had the ball when Wilkins got to him. He managed to get a pass away.

For all Wilkins knows, there is a safety valve receiver waiting to catch it and run a long way.

Wilkins made sure the pass was a poor one and that the QB would think twice about extending himself the next time.

That’s the way the game is played. You hit as hard as the rules will allow.

As for the NFL attitude, I believe it’s more about the amount of money at risk than it is about pure concern for QB “safety”.

Nov 11, 2018, 1:52 PM

it's called football... he was not trying to hurt him, he was making the play, a legal, good play.... there is one person who is sorry the QB is hurt its #42.... if you don't like contact watch soccer...

Nov 11, 2018, 2:01 PM

There are a bunch of old ladies around that seem to be working to emasculate football any way they can.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dear God move on

Nov 11, 2018, 2:06 PM

Nm

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 11, 2018, 2:16 PM

I respect your opinion, but think it was a clean hit on the QB. Yes the NFL is going after this kind of tackle , and most have found it appalling how the refs have called it. This is still football, you may get hurt.

lets look on the bright side - christian made him these...

Nov 11, 2018, 2:22 PM

which is a testament to how this clemson program is run

#footballhurts
#squatandpee

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

The NFL liked the hit by C. Wilkins

Nov 11, 2018, 2:34 PM

They want big mobile violent defensive linemen who love to play. CW42 fits the bill. Consider the hit a disincentive to the opposing QB to extend plays and take chances that could negatively impact the Clemson team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saying that you'd be fine doing it to 5-Head

Nov 11, 2018, 2:45 PM

or anyone else proves you're full of ####.

And... I don't like snowflakes like you...

Nov 11, 2018, 5:40 PM

Making dumb comments on a good, clean tackle...
Sorry the BC QB got hurt, but that's football...

Maybe you should start watching another sport...

IDK... maybe curling...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously every coot lurker here...

Nov 11, 2018, 5:44 PM

agrees with you. Maybe football isn’t your thing. People get tackled and sometimes they get hurt. Maybe Ivy League Lacrosse would be more your style.

I didn't like it either.

Nov 11, 2018, 5:48 PM

Didn't even knock his helmet off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

It cleaned out his colon.

Nov 11, 2018, 5:54 PM

There is no rule against knocking the chit out of a quarterback.

Nov 11, 2018, 5:55 PM

The refs didn't call a penalty on Wilkins. Perhaps they should have called intentional grounding on the qb. Would you have felt better about Wilkin's tackle if they had?

They’re playing quitich at the park today go watch that***

Nov 11, 2018, 5:56 PM

Replies: 97
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic