Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about Korey Foreman.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Question about Korey Foreman.

Dec 16, 2020, 8:22 AM

I understand his plan is to sign today, but keep that signing secret so he can announce on ESPNU on 1/2/21. He is also planning on enrolling in January, wherever he signs.

Is that right? If so, here is my question:

How does he think he can keep it secret? I understand that the Clemson coaches, assuming that is where he signs, will honor his wishes. You won't hear Dabo or Brent or any other coach be the one to break the news. But, way too many people will have to know. The old saying, "A secret is something you tell to one person at a time."

I find it virtually impossible that the word won't leak on either social media or some internet blogging site within a few days of his signing.

Can he keep his signing a "secret" until 1/2?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about Korey Foreman.

Dec 16, 2020, 8:25 AM

I heard Pattie at the Peach Bowl did a pinkie swear of secrecy on this

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And she had her right hand on a fresh roll of thermal fax

Dec 16, 2020, 10:28 AM

paper - so you KNOW she was serious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Dec 16, 2020, 8:25 AM

I read that he is not enrolling early wherever he signs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 8:26 AM

It all depends on him and his close circle. I have always lived by the creed that if more than 1 person knows about something it is not a secret.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 8:54 AM

I think he's under a lot of pressure from peers and his area, in general, to choose USC, especially with his HS being a major USC pipeline. So if it is USC, I could see one of his future teammates/friends tipping it somehow via social media. If we get complete radio silence, I think that'd point to Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can anyone confirm if he does plan to enroll somewhere in January?

Dec 16, 2020, 8:57 AM

I have not heard...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed. It won't be the winning the school that leaks but

Dec 16, 2020, 8:58 AM

the other schools that will probably spill the beans that he didn't sign with them today bc they're frustrated with his decision. If i was him i would have just not told anyone other than the school on early signing day and just made the rest think i was holding out until the second signing period.

And i can assure that from this day forward every little recruiting junkie is going to be calling their contacts at each of his contenders and will probably easily get the scoop on yes he's signed or no we didn't hear from him.

He is not enrolling early

Dec 16, 2020, 9:28 AM

EOM

Agree - CU is the only one that can keep it quiet

Dec 16, 2020, 9:41 AM

either way - if he signs somewhere else, we're not offering another DE so easy to just not say anything - pundits can't read anything into it.
if he signs with CU - others probably going on the market looking for a DE so pundits will read the tea leafs.
I suspect that the Crystal ball thingys will start showing up by Saturday - don't see how it will be kept quiet.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 10:12 AM

Foreman's butt. Either he's "all-in" or he's somewhere else. Why play hide-and-seek with a high school teenager?

Dec 16, 2020, 10:35 AM

He is signing his LOI to his school of choice today.

He has been asked to announce his decision during the Army All-American game timeslot.

He isn't leaving the schools hanging though.

It will get out....

Dec 16, 2020, 10:12 AM

if he doesn't sign with USC, then they'll let others know and try to blame it on Clemson that we can't keep it quite to push him back to us.

Don't understand waiting that long.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ego. Attention.

Dec 16, 2020, 10:25 AM

He wants the spotlight. He wants to announce it on national TV to a big audience during the All-Star game.

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

Re: Ego. Attention.

Dec 16, 2020, 10:30 AM

He's a teenager, Coot. Let him enjoy the moment. Many have done it before him and many will do it after him.

Re: Ego. Attention.

Dec 16, 2020, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Ego. Attention. ]

This is a terrible take.

The All-American game is likely asking kids to hold their decision until Jan 2 so they can still get some TV time because the game isn't being played.

Foreman is going to sign his name and do it without headline today and then wait to announce it in 2 and a half weeks on TV.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic