Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ed Cunningham should be fired.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Ed Cunningham should be fired.

Oct 31, 2015, 8:42 PM

He's beyond ridiculous, and def shouldn't be allowed to call another Clemson game. Announcers aren't suppose to show favoritism in a game, but he sure makes it well known for his "dislike" for Clemson. I've never seen someone after "LITERALLY" every big play or TD complain about a missed call or something we got away with. Its just insane the stuff he makes sure to point out after something we do....its always the very first thing he says too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ed Cunningham should be fired.***

Oct 31, 2015, 8:44 PM

Oct 31, 2015, 8:50 PM

Do you EVEN have a clue?. He has had us in his top 4,for weeks. He said numerous times that,we would beat FSU and at the end said we were the class of the conference and would beat FSU by 14. He talks about what,a wonderful job Dabo has done since taking over and NOT losing games against unranked teams. He is also still talking about the bowl game last year......and last, said he had wtnessed last week, the PERFECT game in our win over the Canes. The fact of the matter he is an excellent color guy and knows,the rules and points out what could be called penalties, etc. He was overly critical of Dore not going for 2 with 12 minutes to play

He talks a little too much for me. That

Oct 31, 2015, 8:53 PM

is my only complaint. He was pretty much interrupting the ref they would bring in for opinions.

Oct 31, 2015, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed Cunningham should be fired.*** ]

Haha... You actually said ed cunningham knows the rules. Do you realize he said the clock started after a player went out of bounds because he was running backwards. Running backwards. Hahahaha!! The clock always starts when the player goes out of bounds when the ball is marked ready for play, except when there's less than 2 minutes left at the end of each half. That guy is clueless and is constantly wrong. He doesn't hate Clemson, but he is a blithering idiot.

Oct 31, 2015, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed Cunningham should be fired.*** ]

I thought he called what he saw. The Peake TD was a push-off and there was an obvious hold on the Brooks TD but neither were called. As a Clemson fan, I'm thrilled with that and will take it but he's allowed to say he thinks we got away with it. He talks too much in general but saying he should be FIRED for some sort of bias? I don't see it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ed Cunningham should be fired.

Oct 31, 2015, 8:44 PM

Remember the Va Tech game in 2011?! He went to another level tonight. Didn't think it was possible.

at least he said we should be in the playoffs and

Oct 31, 2015, 8:46 PM

are 14 points better than fsu

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard a guy saying we are a playoff

Oct 31, 2015, 8:46 PM

team and closed the broadcast saying FSU healthy or not can't beat us. Yeah, the dude talks too much but he does that with everyone.

Because he predicted we will truck FSU, right?

Oct 31, 2015, 8:47 PM

Yeah, he should be fired for that. What a DA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

He said the Pack WR pushed off.

Oct 31, 2015, 8:49 PM

This is turning into a Ron Cherry situation where noone on TigerNet has ever been able to explain or point out to me specific plays or games where Cherry has screwed us but everyone ####### about the guy.

I do believe ROn Cherry was the head official for the

Oct 31, 2015, 10:34 PM

GA Tech games with bogus holding calls that gave GA tech the win both times.

Re: Ed Cunningham should be fired. actually at one point

Oct 31, 2015, 8:49 PM

he said we had perfect clock management late in the half. I was stunned. Not sure I ever heard a compliment from him for us before

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2015, 8:54 PM

He was all over the map

1. Renfrow may end up being Clemson's all-time receiver?
2. Alexander cannot leave school for the draft
3. Watson will go #1 in the draft (actually starting to believe this)

He was a crazy combo of pro-Clemson, anti-Clemson, and just plain uninformed

My favorite was the Pack will be at Tiger, FSU

Oct 31, 2015, 8:56 PM

level as a program in 4 years.

Called an OPINION. Most people HAVE ONE.***

Oct 31, 2015, 10:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2015, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed Cunningham should be fired. ]

I don't know if he is anti Clemson or not but his commentary was idiotic and added zero value to the broadcast. I love Renfrow too but...best all time is a tremendous stretch at this point. He needs to be replaced.

He probably works cheap

Oct 31, 2015, 8:55 PM

He's bad at math.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but he also said we are better than FSU by 14 pts.

Oct 31, 2015, 8:58 PM

nm

Oct 31, 2015, 8:58 PM

mute button is a good thing

The Peake play was ridiculous

Oct 31, 2015, 9:25 PM

both announcers were complaining and whining like a couple little girls that he pushed off for the rest of the first half and continued through the 3rd quarter. Yes he extended his arm but he was already two steps ahead of the corner and maintained the same amount of separation through the arm extension and after he lowered his arm to catch the pass. Extending his arm did not increases the distance between him and the corner at all and was not the reason he caught the ball and scored. Also there were two refs in position to make a call if it was warranted and neither threw the flag. All that talk about him getting away with because the ref wasn't where he was supposed to be and wasn't doing his job right was pathetic.

It was clear the whole game they wanted to see the pack pull the upset and de-rail the Tigers playoff run. Typically announcer bias doesn't bother me but those two today were driving me crazy. Then once it was evident we had the game won they changed their tune and wanted to praise Watson and how we will be top 3 when the committee rankings come out.

To top it off Mark May's loser a$$ had to throw in a jab in the post game show. "Dabo better tell his team to BYOD, bring their own defense next week cause their gonna need it against FSU after what he's seen tonight". I hope like hell he win it all so we can shove it down their Clemson hating throats.

Go TIGERS!!!!!!!

Perhaps the OP has Optic Rectosis

Oct 31, 2015, 9:35 PM

All he see's is shat.

;)

I have no issue with Ed Cunningham

Oct 31, 2015, 9:48 PM

Ed calls out the positive and the negative. On Brooks' TD - yeah Mitch looked like he added a little something that Ed pointed out
And even Ed said that in the situation while technically could have been called it was good that it wasn't since it didn't directly impact the play.

I recommend that all of you bitching about Ed each week petition ABC to let Gruden do ever Clemson game as Gruden pretty much sucks everyone's #### on every play and never says anything negative.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic