Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN reporting Dabo says KB is still #1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

ESPN reporting Dabo says KB is still #1

Apr 14, 2018, 6:55 PM

If he lets KB start the first game, he will lose all credibility of the myth that the best will start. KB may not be stop 3 right now.

I hope he learned from watching Cole Stoudt lose while having DW4 on the sideline, but I am beginning to wonder.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does anyone really think he won't play the returner?***

Apr 14, 2018, 7:17 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you really think he'd throw KB under the bus today?

Apr 14, 2018, 7:20 PM

Why would he say anything other than what he said?

Nobody anywhere, ever, wins the starting job from an entrenched incumbent in a spring game scrimmage.

No one who watched today missed the obvious fact that Trevor Lawrence is amazing and is probably much more skilled at QB than Kelly Bryant.

But Dabo is under no pressure to say that here in April.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you really think he'd throw KB under the bus today?

Apr 14, 2018, 9:10 PM

agreed. Dabo can't "ruin" KB's confidence right now. KB deserves respect for what he did last year. But if he plays anything other than mop up in a game this season alot of people ain't gonna be happy

Hey, we agree on something

Apr 14, 2018, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Did you really think he'd throw KB under the bus today? ]

That's cool

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you think Deshaun would’ve beat Georgia?***

Apr 14, 2018, 7:21 PM

Yes

Apr 14, 2018, 7:28 PM

I was at that game and it was close until late in the 3rd when UGA ran a couple TDS w Gurley. The defense was gassed bc CS kept going 3 and out.

DW could have won that game no doubt in my mind.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Dabo made a mistake leaving Cole in against UGA

Apr 14, 2018, 11:29 PM

He made the same mistake last year by not giving Hunter Johnson a real chance to win the game at Syracuse last year when it was clear that Cooper didn’t have it. There’s a reason why Cooper isn’t here any more.

Bryant needs to learn another position, and do it quickly, if he has any realistic aspirations of playing on Sunday.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep***

Apr 14, 2018, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Do you think Deshaun would’ve beat Georgia?*** ]

Re: Do you think Deshaun would’ve beat Georgia?***

Apr 14, 2018, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Do you think Deshaun would’ve beat Georgia?*** ]

For realz. We weren't getting out of that one with a W, not with Sammy Watkins and Martavis Bryant gone to the NFL and Tajh Boyd finally graduated at QB, along with Hot Rod McDowell at RB. We had all-new skill guys.

We had a true freshman (Artavis Scott) at one WR spot, a true sophomore (Mike Williams) at the other, and we were still playing Charone Peake in the slot. We hadn't really settled on a starting RB yet. I think we opened that year with CJ Davidson as the starter against UGA, replaced him with Adam Choice a couple games later...and it wasn't until after midseason that Wayne Gallman - who was still skinny as a rail and still tended to tap-dance east-west down the line because he was still converting from a Wing-T - finally emerged. (He was a RS sophomore.)

So...on the road, Week 1. Do you start the senior or the true freshman? In Athens? In front of 85K? Go on, ask any 50 college coaches that one. You'll get the same answer.

We also had some guys suspended on the DL for offseason junk. That killed us, especially when UGA was reaching the edge at will in the 3rd-4th QB with that huge stable of RB's they had. We just sorta wilted in the 100-degree heat, there.

There was no winning that one, sorry. FSU would have crushed us fairly convincingly as well a couple weeks later in Tally, I think, but Famous Jameis had gotten himself suspended for whatever ridiculousness and our D really showed up that game as well. Deshaun almost stole it for us.

You don't ordinarily start a season with your two toughest games ON THE ROAD two of the first three weeks. ESPECIALLY when you've got that many new starters in key positions. Hindsight's 20/20, but it was highly likely we were going to start 1-2 no matter what we did.

Apr 14, 2018, 7:39 PM

Whoops-correction sorry. Gallman was a RS frosh as well.

Apr 14, 2018, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Deshaun would’ve beat Georgia?*** ]

But we had the #1 D in the land but our O wore them out.
It was unreal the TOP for UGA in the second half
3 and out CS

It's rare I disagree with you.

Apr 15, 2018, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Deshaun would’ve beat Georgia?*** ]

This is one of those times though.

Anyone with eyes knows DW would have won that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DJ Howard started at RB at UGA***

Apr 15, 2018, 1:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Deshaun would’ve beat Georgia?*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DJ Howard started at RB at UGA***

Apr 15, 2018, 1:39 AM

Whoa, yeah.

Well done, sir. That's like, a quadruple-bonus-points question less then 4 years later. But it does kinda let you know what we were starting then...compared to, you know, what we're starting know.

Well done, and point for you, sir.

Re: DJ Howard started at RB at UGA***

Apr 15, 2018, 1:40 AM

"Now", not "know". Durn autocorrect. What's that about, anyhow?

Thanks Q***

Apr 15, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Deshaun would’ve beat Georgia?*** ]

I do, but DW was reckless.

Apr 14, 2018, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Do you think Deshaun would’ve beat Georgia?*** ]

He needed to be brought on slowly to keep him from killing himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why does it matter who starts game 1?

Apr 14, 2018, 7:24 PM

Maybe he has a plan. There could be nuances. Also, why would he say anything different at this stage as far as who the starter is?

Re: ESPN reporting Dabo says KB is still #1

Apr 14, 2018, 7:42 PM

Completely different scenario... game 1 with 2 QBs at UGA I agree it’s best to start Stout. Everyone is a better coach with the benefit of hindsight but I honestly after Deshaun threw that rope he wouldn’t come out (and he probably shouldn’t have)

We return a legitimately good QB who is proven he can win. With A&M trip looming that is the game where Kelly wins it and the transition happens to Trevor so we can win a natty this year.

Apr 14, 2018, 7:44 PM

I love Dabo! I love Kelly B! But facs are facs. Trevor Lawrence is the Great White Watson. Nuff said.

I like you and you’re not a coot so

Apr 14, 2018, 7:51 PM

I won’t type what I’ve been thinking all day when I see these type of posts. Also you folks need to remember that DW was coming off of an injury his freshman year. Dabo isn’t stupid. He’s won national COY awards and a national championship.

Co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott scoffed at those who think the starter will be chosen because of seniority or loyalty to an older player, saying the players in the locker room want the best player to play. He also said not too much can be taken away from one scrimmage.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Swinney-not-ready-to-name-leader-on-QB-depth-chart-sees-battle-going-into-fall-camp-16832#ixzz5Ch2bJYuY

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Dabo told espn a different story?

Apr 14, 2018, 10:13 PM

Or am I missing something here?

You're insane if you expected Dabo

Apr 14, 2018, 8:03 PM

To come out and say Bryant lost the job after just the spring game

He's not saying who is #1 on the depth chart anymore.

Apr 15, 2018, 12:19 AM

Isn't that the same as saying he isn't definitively the starter anymnore?

Insane?

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Swinney-not-ready-to-name-leader-on-QB-depth-chart-sees-battle-going-into-fall-camp-16832

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well duh. What else would he say right now?***

Apr 14, 2018, 8:54 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2018, 10:08 PM

You never know when things will click, though - sure was fun watching Cole stun Oklahoma in the Russell Bowl!

Seems like you're missing something.

Apr 14, 2018, 10:13 PM

None of the QB have faced a complete defense with a complete offense around them and you're ready to make a statement like that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic