Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Women are athletically inferior to men in football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Women are athletically inferior to men in football

Nov 29, 2020, 9:22 AM

The lady yesterday proved the point.

Why is that not ok?

There are some great female athletes at my gym. There are some even greater male athletes at my gym.

Why is that not ok?

Every attempt to disprove the male/female superiority point ends up proving the point.

Yesterday was a stunt and embarrassing to women, and embarrassing to Vandy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On the whole you are correct

Nov 29, 2020, 9:29 AM

I mean in general statistically women wouldn't play football at the same athletic level as men. I think most folks agree with that.

But I think this issue just becomes self-correcting. If she can't kick well enough to play at this level, she certainly won't be out there long. Not seeing the big reason to see it as anything other than Vandy having a need and filling it with an athlete on campus. Will it (did it) work out? Who knows? Looks like probably not, but just don't see the problem with it being tried.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: On the whole you are correct

Nov 29, 2020, 9:36 AM

This. Exactly. No one in their right mind would suggest that women as a whole are better at football than men as a whole. In certain situations, and this was one, help was desperately needed and she was asked and answered the call. Good for her.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2020, 9:37 AM

I would add, good for Vandy in choosing to find a way to play rather than give up like FSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2020, 12:55 PM [ in reply to On the whole you are correct ]

I would imagine people are taking issue with why it was tried.

It certainly wasn’t tried based on merit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Women are athletically inferior to men in football

Nov 29, 2020, 9:32 AM

Better be careful where you go with this .Wouldn't want you to be labeled a "sexiest"!

Nov 29, 2020, 9:37 AM

Looking into the future: There could be some transgender women who will legitimately make the team. They'll also take all the premiere spots on the women's soccer teams.

https://youtu.be/-BuV-s1SYLk

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2020, 9:39 AM

I’m not in favor of allowing that ever. Clearly unfair hormonal advantage.

Nov 29, 2020, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Women are athletically inferior to men in football ]

The truth is the truth, especially when facts can back it up. Put any female in front of Tyler Davis, or Bryan Bresee and tell them to stop them from getting to the QB. By the end of the quarter, another QB will be needed!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2020, 9:40 AM

~JKB

We don't really know that for sure now do we

Nov 29, 2020, 9:41 AM

We don't let them play enough to find out. That's like saying WBB is inferior to Men's basketball just based on what it "looks" like. But until we let them play together, we won't know.

Just like the silly notion that women can't be firemen or policemen or in the military. Wait that should be firewomen or policewomen or maybe firepeople or policepeople to not offend any of the other genders.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We don't really know that for sure now do we

Nov 29, 2020, 9:50 AM

Yea let's let Amanda Nunes fight Khabib. That would end well. I guess there may be some women who are physical enough to play football but I still believe they should have their own league. Being a police or fireman/women is completely different then a sport. Hopefully we never know if women can play tackle football with mean. Basketball is a little different than mma or football but I still think we shouldn't mix genders in pro sports.

Nov 29, 2020, 9:51 AM [ in reply to We don't really know that for sure now do we ]

Ummmmm.. I'll take an army of men. You can take an army of women.

Nov 29, 2020, 1:34 PM [ in reply to We don't really know that for sure now do we ]

We actually do. The US women's soccer team has scrimmaged against high school men's teams and been beaten badly. Venus Williams played against a man ranked 203rd and was beaten easily. A very good mens high school team could beat most if not all of the WNBA teams.

First, to your example, how many females drink?

Nov 29, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to We don't really know that for sure now do we ]

Also, what are field goal shooting percentages? How about 3 point shooting percentages?

Also, look at world records for track and field events. Those are common endeavors.

There seems to be a misguided and absurd notion that the collective woman is less than the collective man if she can't be equal in sports.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dunk not drink...darn autocorrect***

Nov 29, 2020, 2:47 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dunk not drink...darn autocorrect***

Nov 29, 2020, 7:22 PM

I do know a few females that could probably outdrink alot of men! ??

You just don't understand

Nov 29, 2020, 2:49 PM [ in reply to First, to your example, how many females drink? ]

feelings are more important than fact

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you prefer athletic men.***

Nov 29, 2020, 9:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like you prefer athletic men.***

Nov 29, 2020, 10:31 AM

Hahahaha. LOL +1

Re: Awhile Back Ago.... ---

Nov 29, 2020, 1:21 PM

.......Samantha Gordon said '" Hi...could you hold my juicebox for me please ?"'

Lol

Was I the only one impressed with her 20 yard kickoff?***

Nov 29, 2020, 1:34 PM

Re: Was I the only one impressed with her 20 yard kickoff?***

Nov 29, 2020, 7:19 PM

She did better than this guy.

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/P_D.KLzfJ3T1iob1jmHGoQ--~B/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wMEEzMDA7aD0yNzM7dz00ODU-/

Nov 29, 2020, 2:51 PM

How did she prove she wasn’t capable yesterday? The kick was designed to be a squib kick.

Nov 29, 2020, 2:59 PM

Lol. No it wasn’t. I know you heard that from ESPN, but did she say it in an interview? Or a coach?

They have no clue if they was supposed to be a squib kick. They just said that to not make her look so bad. In warmups, she was kicking fg’s from the FIVE yard line and they were barely making it through. Her kickoff looked just like those fg’s. That definitely was not a squib kick.

Nov 29, 2020, 3:11 PM

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/11/vanderbilt-sarah-fuller-squib-kick-derek-mason-explain

Nov 29, 2020, 3:27 PM

Lol. Of coarse it was specifically designed for her as a “squib kick” because that’s as far as she could kick it. I’m sure she did kick it exactly where she wanted.

Nov 29, 2020, 2:52 PM

I wonder how much coaching she had?

But I don't wonder enough to google it.

it was meant to be a . .

Nov 29, 2020, 6:39 PM

sqib kick . . so??

I’ll ask my wife

Nov 29, 2020, 7:07 PM

Whatever she says I will agree with it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ll ask my wife

Nov 29, 2020, 8:24 PM

Me three!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

It proved nothing. There are idjits in this post comparing

Nov 29, 2020, 7:31 PM

her to 300 lb defensive linemen as a way to prove that point. She suited up as a field goal kicker. As such, there have probably been many male kickers she could hold her own with. Even some in the pros, such as that Cypriot tie maker Garo Yepremian that used to kick for the Dolphins. His bungled attempt at a pass in one of their Super Bowls would be an embarassment to male or female kickers everywhere.

I'm not lobbying for females playing football at all. But, I don't see why so many on here feel it is their bounden duty to tear her down. I daresay if any one of you armchair QB's were given a tryout at kicker, and had enough skill to be asked to suit up, you would jump at the chance as well. And you wouldn't even be a footnote in the next day''s news. Let her have her 15 minutes of fame.

Water I set, so what? No one said the young lady was

Nov 29, 2020, 8:19 PM

superior to males. But if Vandy wants to let her play, what's the problem?

I would take her kicking extra points over Jad Dean. Prove me wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Water I set, so what? No one said the young lady was

Nov 29, 2020, 8:30 PM

Hmmm? What’s her career totals kicking extra points?

Nov 29, 2020, 8:22 PM

I personally would like to start my own team with all women! ????

If I wasn’t married ??

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic