Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kirk Herbstreit’s comment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Kirk Herbstreit’s comment

Dec 29, 2019, 3:16 PM

You are an unbelievably gifted player w/ a rare & special approach to the game. JK your humility-hard work-& passion are so appreciated. Thank YOU for being YOU & wearing the scarlet & gray w/ such class. Your performance & GUTS last night will always be remembered-
Love ya buddy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some one please transfer his kids to osu.***

Dec 29, 2019, 3:20 PM

Idiotic post ****

Dec 29, 2019, 4:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude.....

Dec 29, 2019, 4:22 PM [ in reply to some one please transfer his kids to osu.*** ]

Herbie irritated me last night many times but i have no doubt they are all good people and im glad their kids are part of the team. I certainly hope the herbstreit kids enjoy their careers at Clemson.

That said.... herbie should not have been calling that game.

Re: Dude.....

Dec 29, 2019, 5:13 PM

The Ohio State fans are ticked off at Herbie for being too pro-Clemson and anti-Ohio State. Anytime an announcer gets flack from both fanbases for being too hard on their team and favoring the other team, it's a very good indicator that he called the game fairly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude.....

Dec 29, 2019, 6:47 PM

Think the Bucknuts ran Herbie and his family out of the state of Ohio years ago...treated his family really bad and Herbie had no choice but to move from that hEll hole......think he moved to Tennessee.....ESPN had a ###### for him to follow last night and he did.....guy likes getting a paycheck every week cause he got 2 boys going to Clemson he has to pay for he next 4 years.....do what you got to do to support your family....Go Tigers!!!!!

I don't get you guys hating on Herbie...

Dec 29, 2019, 3:24 PM

He was in a really tough spot. His kids go to Clemson, and OSU is his alma mater and what his family has always known. Of course he still has ties to the school and has some insight into their players.

He also was pumped about his kids deciding to come play for Dabo.

Prior to that, he was essentially a one-man recruiting video for us. Now he has to be a little more careful with kids playing here. I guarantee you there is no program or coach he respects more than Clemson.

I thought he did a fantastic job calling that game, considering the position he was in.

yeah, I really like it when he calls the game

Dec 29, 2019, 3:27 PM

he explains what is going on really well even if he gets the replay calls wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't get you guys hating on Herbie...

Dec 29, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to I don't get you guys hating on Herbie... ]

That was the WORST broadcast ever from Herbstreit I ever heard. Like it was mentioned last night, he was practically GIDDY with excitement when OSU was winning. I bet he and Fowler both were doing chest bumps in the booth.

He should recuse himself from certain games.

Dec 29, 2019, 6:58 PM

This is 100% bull ####.

Dec 29, 2019, 5:05 PM [ in reply to I don't get you guys hating on Herbie... ]

Joey Galloway stood up for Clemson all year on ESPN when no one else would. But he jumped to his alma mater for last nights game. It doesn't make him a bad person. He and Herbie just love their school.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 5:13 PM

I don't blame Herbie or Galloway at all. There is nothing in the world that could make me dislike or pull against Clemson - nothing. I don't care if my son was Fields or Burrow or whomever and went somewhere else - I went to Clemson so that's that. I'd think Herbie and Galloway were sell-outs if they pulled against OSU for a pay check. I can't feel disrespect for someone who is an alum and lets that pride slip through. They were in a tough spot, and I actually thought those guys contained it pretty well.Would you rather them be like Finebaum, a sleazy paid shill who only has loyalty because of his paycheck?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When calling a Clemson football game...

Dec 29, 2019, 5:07 PM [ in reply to I don't get you guys hating on Herbie... ]

Eevery sentence uttered must praise of us, a good heaping of praise; subtle compliments are red flags of a bias against us. Also, the announcer must be wearing Clemson gear, head to ephing toe. Obviously it's a huge red flag if not appropriately dressed.

Dec 29, 2019, 5:29 PM [ in reply to I don't get you guys hating on Herbie... ]

Because people are idiots...that’s why.

Dude is literally the most unbiased color commentator in the business...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Kirk Herbstreit’s comment

Dec 29, 2019, 3:25 PM

Give some context so we can appreciate the kind words. Like who is JK? Just wondering.

Dec 29, 2019, 3:27 PM

Dobbins.

#2 tOSU

Dec 29, 2019, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Kirk Herbstreit’s comment ]

RB

Re: #2 tOSU

Dec 29, 2019, 3:42 PM

I think that's a really silly statement. Does anyone think the CDS doesn't want Alabama to do well when they aren't playing Clemson? KH is a Oho State grad and former player, but his love for Clemson shows when he and his family chose to send in CHILDREN to Clemson. Comments like "transfer his kids to Ohio State" are as classless as the other Major University in this state fans make. You should be ashamed, and with an attitude like yours, maybe you should transfer your alliance to some other school. No Clemson man is that classless!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So?

Dec 29, 2019, 3:47 PM

HIS CHILDREN PLAY FOR CLEMSON! How much more support could you show for a program? Also, he's a person and is entitled to human relationships. He has been quoted as saying he took his family out of Ohio because of relentless criticism that he wasn't support enough of OSU.

Good for him

Dec 29, 2019, 3:48 PM

Is this supposed to make us angry?

Re: Good for him

Dec 29, 2019, 4:27 PM

Everything is supposed to get us angry since the Snowflakization of TigerNet.

This is the way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good for him

Dec 29, 2019, 5:19 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Why are so many people so sensitive in this day and age—both on here and in real life? Complimenting a player on the other team for playing a great game is in no way whatsoever a knock against Clemson.

Dec 29, 2019, 3:53 PM

He had to leave Ohio because of their fans. That really says it all, doesn’t it?

Not sure why anyone would have a problem with his comment.

Dec 29, 2019, 4:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure why anyone would have a problem with his comment.

Dec 29, 2019, 6:46 PM

Don't have a problem with KH in general but shouldn't do OS or CL games. I turned the sound off last night because he was just too "wordy" - needed to chill and take a breath. Every minute doesn't need to be overly analyzed.

Dec 29, 2019, 4:16 PM

Before you judge realize that he has 4 sons. 2 go to Clemson and 2 pull for OSU so much so that they wouldn't sit on the Clemson side.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/12/28/kirk-herbstreit-family-feud-between-clemson-and-ohio-state-fiesta-bowl/2756870001/

Everything he said was true. Can't fault him for that.

Dec 29, 2019, 6:19 PM

Especially in this day of lies.

Dec 29, 2019, 6:37 PM

Seems about right to me. That kid played a tough and gutsy game last night. Left everything on the field. Why don't we start looking at people's comments with the absolute best in mind instead of the worst?

Our world would be a much better place.

Who cares if Herbstreit is an OSU fan? He played there for goodness sake.

Dec 29, 2019, 6:42 PM

Yeah. I had no issue with it. Some people need to chill. Of course, he supports his alma mater. He has shown many times, including sending his kids there, that he also likes and respects Dabo and Clemson.

Dec 29, 2019, 6:42 PM

I have to be honest, I just do not see what some of you do with KH. He does a good job of staying neutral considering the circumstances (he and his father both went to OSU).

https://heavy.com/sports/2015/01/kirk-herbstreit-bio-stats-highlights-career-wife-family-kids-ohio-state-info-college-gameday-nfl-salary/

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic