Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Drew Brees
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 90
| visibility 1

Drew Brees

Jun 4, 2020, 11:14 AM

So why is Drew Brees not receiving the same RESPECT for his opinion that is demanded by others for theirs?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Drew Brees

Jun 4, 2020, 11:20 AM

Because he's not Black. They bullying him left and right and he is giving in. He's been Punked!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trina (black female rapper you've never heard of)

Jun 4, 2020, 11:56 AM

has been getting destroyed for what she said, so it's not quite that simple.

I do think there should be more tolerance for different opinions, though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trina (black female rapper you've never heard of)

Jun 4, 2020, 1:27 PM

I've heard of the "Queen of Miami"...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

Blacks will probably do Brees like they did to Chris Weinke. The word I kept hearing is that he offended Blacks somehow, and they refused to block for him and made him look bad while running for his life. I expect the same for Drew Brees. Chris Weinke was a Heisman winner, yet could not win at Carolina due to the Blacks not blocking for him. I'm pretty sure every White QB knows this will happen to them if they don't cower down to the Black agenda.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe Weinke just wasn't any good?***

Jun 4, 2020, 1:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: maybe Weinke just wasn't any good?***

Jun 8, 2020, 2:01 PM

Yes - that's why he didn't win The Heisman - right?

You're allowed to say "Black people"...

Jun 5, 2020, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

I don't think continuing to utter the phrase "the Blacks" softens things any. Might as well call them colored.

Re: You're allowed to say "Black people"...

Jun 5, 2020, 6:31 PM

Once again why can't we all just be referred to as people? This is why racism will never die because the media and everyone else in society have to keep grouping people by race instead of grouping everyone as people.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're allowed to say "Black people"...

Jun 8, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to You're allowed to say "Black people"... ]

I would prefer to call them Africans myself. That is the one name that actually makes sense to me, and if I were Black, that's what I would want to be called. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage. Japanese, Chinese, Russian, German, Italian, etc all seem to proudly claim their heritage. If they want to be called American, that's fine too, but no need to distinguish as African American as that attempts to make them sound like supremacists IMO.

And "the Blacks" were the only OLinemen that allowed Weinke to get sacked so easily as they were pathetic at protecting their QB. They did much better once Weinke left.

Just calling it like I see it. You can call it your way and I won't agree with you either.

HFS you ignorant, racist fool.***

Jun 8, 2020, 2:09 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God, we have some racist mofos around here. Ridiculous.***

Jun 8, 2020, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

The term is kowtowing...

Jun 4, 2020, 11:29 AM

His opinion was pure ignorance and he’s extremely closed minded and Insensitive

Jun 4, 2020, 11:33 AM

So opinions are only respected if they are in line with your opinions. Got it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sir, was a microaggression.***

Jun 4, 2020, 12:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 4, 2020, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

Yet you choose to ignore the fact that he doubled down on his stance about “disrespecting” the National Anthem and the flag when when I’m fact, it’s NOT about the flag or the National Anthem kneeling is NOT disrespecting it. He was insensitive and he showed what was more important to him. It’s pure ignorance. He either lives under a rock or has the willingness to be ignorant. It’s clear that he lacks the knowledge or awareness in what’s been going on and the reason behind the kneeling....

I thought the original protest for that

Jun 4, 2020, 1:59 PM

was kneeling during the anthem and facing the flag because the flag didn't stand for what he thought America was, or what the flag stood for wasn't America. So I thought it was initially about what the flag meant

Clemson

Re: I thought the original protest for that

Jun 4, 2020, 2:02 PM

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

https://www.nfl.com/news/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem-0ap3000000691077

Clemson

Jun 4, 2020, 2:08 PM

I’m glad you sent that article. Now do me a favor and read this one...

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/09/646115651/the-veteran-and-nfl-player-who-advised-kaepernick-to-take-a-knee

Jun 4, 2020, 2:25 PM

Ok, read it. Saw this:

"BOYER: You know, this was two years ago, 2016 during the preseason. And he, you know, had sat on the bench. And I think it was actually his third time he'd sat on the bench. But it was the first time it had received national attention. And, you know, he got questioned about it, and he said, well, I'm not going to stand for the flag of a country that oppresses black people and people of color. And then he talked about, you know, social injustices and police brutality and why he thought, you know, he shouldn't be standing for the anthem."

That's specifically addressing the flag, right?

Clemson

Jun 4, 2020, 2:35 PM

BOYER: “I thought - at that time I said, look, I think your point has definitely been made that everyone's listening. Like, let's make a plan of attack now. And, you know, let's work on action for it. But he said, you know, what I've committed to this, and - I'm not going to do it until I start to see these changes I want to see. And, you know, I respected that decision and opinion. And I thought kneeling - personally, so I don't speak for everybody, I don't speak for every veteran. I've been told that numerous times by many people. But I thought kneeling was more respectful, and I will say that being alongside his teammates was the biggest thing for me.”

Yea so is that....

Jun 4, 2020, 2:52 PM

I don't understand. Your original comment was that it's not about the flag or the anthem. I get kneeling is more respectful, and I get that the former GB met and talked with him about it. That wasn't my original question. It was the question about directing it to the flag, which he did. He chose to make that the symbol where he placed his disagreement with his view of America, which contrasts and contradicted many people, particularly football fans. I'm not saying it's not effective, or it wasn't as respectful as it could be. Even Boyer doesn't agree with it, but understands what Kap's right are. But to say "it's not about the flag" I don't think is correct. It is about the flag. Kap believes what that flag stands for is a country he doesn't believe in/agree with, so he doesn't stand for it.

BOYER: Well, I've kind of felt like that since the beginning of this whole thing - is that I don't necessarily agree with him, but what I've fought for, what we all fought for - whether we like it or not, we can say we don't like it all day - but we took an oath to defend the Constitution. And I fought to defend our rights, which obviously include the first amendment, you know, which is free speech. And I don't have to agree with or even like what people do sometimes. But I have defended the right of someone to stand right in front of my face and burn an American flag, you know, and call me a baby killer or call me whatever they want. I still fought for that.

And it's what makes it very difficult, and it can be hurtful because it's just - you can say a protest or a campaign or you can say anything is about a specific idea. You can say, like, look. It's not about this. It's about this. I'm not - I don't hate America. I'm not disrespecting the flag. This is not about veterans. This is about people of color and the criminal justice system and all that. But you also don't get to choose how people perceive things. And that's what makes this even more difficult and just tougher for just a lot of people - I'm not going to say just people in camouflage, but all of us as Americans.

Clemson

Jun 4, 2020, 3:10 PM

There are African Americans whose grandfathers and great grandfathers fought in wars for our country only to come back home and still be treated like trash...just another N-word...people need to ask themselves what’s more important to them...symbols of freedom or freedom? That question alone will show people’s true colors...

If you don't like your job, you find a new job

Jun 5, 2020, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought the original protest for that ]

If you don't like your church, you find a new church.
If you don't like your wife, you find a new wife.
If you don't like your school, you find a new school.

If you don't like your country, (Fill in the blank)

Re: If you don't like your job, you find a new job

Jun 5, 2020, 11:25 AM

You’re gonna love seeing more NFL teams take knees during the National Anthem this season. And If you don’t like that, guess what...turn the channel

Jun 4, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to I thought the original protest for that ]

No...The whole point in Kap kneeling was because of the oppression blacks face everyday. The police brutality and unjustified killing of unarmed blacks....And instead of him sitting down, he wanted to protest by respectful kneeling during the National Anthem...

Jun 4, 2020, 2:18 PM

The whole point is that Dabo and Drew disagree with kneeling during the Natiional Anthem. They are roundabout being painted as racist for this belief. Here’s how I’m going to answer that question. No they are not racist. And they are not ignorant nor insensitive. Your bloviating around the subject just like the media. Cut to the chase and answer the question.

Jun 4, 2020, 2:20 PM

Reading is fundamental...if you read all my replies on both pages you would’ve seen that I replied to your senseless question...next...

Jun 4, 2020, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought the original protest for that ]

Kap is most definitely a man to be admired. When he was sporting a Fidel T shirt and wearing socks depicting cops as pigs, I thought how brilliant of a way to encourage thoughtful dialog than to essentially denigrate all cops and extol the virtues of Castro who was such a great champion of free speech.

Kap has every right to kneel.I support his right to do so for any reason, to promote Castro, to insult cops. However, I have every right to find his kneeling during the anthem annoying and offensive. While I'm not a Green Beret, I am a veteran and strongly suspect the vast majority of veterans while irritated by kneeling during the national anthem, support Kap's right to kneel and as the saying goes,"All gave some, some gave it all" to allow Kap to kneel.

I assure you I am not ignorant, but I am not accepting of the notion that if one doesn't agree in lockstep with every woke narrative that one is either ignorant, evil or both.

Jun 4, 2020, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought the original protest for that ]

It doesn’t matter why, If you kneel during the national anthem it is disrespectful to the flag. PERIOD.

Jun 4, 2020, 3:14 PM

You’re part of the problem

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/09/646115651/the-veteran-and-nfl-player-who-advised-kaepernick-to-take-a-knee

Ironic.

Jun 4, 2020, 3:21 PM

I find conversations end after this fact is presented. It's at this point, those that oppose kneeling have realized they've duped by friends or media have told them: KAP disrespected the flag.

The action to mindfully make a change from sitting (no respect) to kneeling to show respect for the fallen and current military, from the suggestion of a white man, who is a Green Beret simply cannot be denied or ignored any further.

Re: Ironic.

Jun 8, 2020, 5:14 PM

I don’t know I’m also a veteran and I am very squarely in the “kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful” camp. Is it marginally better that sitting? Perhaps but that doesn’t make it a something I can condone. In the end, my opinion is no more valid then the green beret, you, or anyone else. People are going to do what they are going to do though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought the original protest for that ]

No little buddy the problem is small minded people like you......arrogant, clueless, misinformed, and pathetic.....you hate our flag, our country, and our police officers who put their lives on the line everyday to protect even little hateful liberals like you.....Go Tigers!!!!!

I respect your right to be ignorant

Jun 4, 2020, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought the original protest for that ]

and close minded.

Oh. I thought he had hemorrhoids***

Jun 5, 2020, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought the original protest for that ]

Jun 5, 2020, 3:15 AM [ in reply to I thought the original protest for that ]

Every single person that lives in the United States of America has the choice to choose to stand and respect the Flag that represents our country that hundreds of thousands of men and women has fought and died for so to keep the freedom of the right to choose. But when our Flag is raised, and our National anthem is being played, to show your Patriotism and respect for our country, and for what our Flag and our Anthem stands for, you stand in silence, salute, or place your right hand over your heart to show that you are an American who loves this country, and you are respectful of the men and women who was and still are willing to give their life for the freedom that all Americans have and share in our country.

The freedoms offered when living in the United States of America wasn't free, many honorable Americans gave their lives to ensure that America remained a free country, and if you refuse to show the proper respect for the Flag and National Anthem they died under, you will be shunned by the majority of Americans and rightfully so. If that hurts the feelings of those that refuse to give proper respect for the American Flag and the National Anthem that that thousands have died for, please do us all a favor, and choose to move out of our country bc we don't want you here, and you're not deserving of a thing in the United States of America the Beautiful, the best country in the world that may not be perfect, but it is the best country in the world that we live in!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

You chose to ignore the question about Dabo. And you can stop all the woke bywords for racist like ignorance and insensitivity. Simple question. Are Drew and Dabo racist? Yes or no is sufficient.

Jun 4, 2020, 2:10 PM

Uh no...who said Drew or Dabo was racist? How about stop bringing Dabo into the conversation and stick to the topic. Nobody said ANYTHING about ANYONE being a racist...just stop...

Jun 4, 2020, 2:28 PM

You don’t read between the lines very well, do you? I think bringing Dabo into the conversation about kneeling is appropriate since you said Drew was insensitive and ignorant for holding that view. Of course you don’t want to bring Dabo into the conversation. So just stop digging your hole ever deeper.

Jun 4, 2020, 2:32 PM

Reading between the lines??? You flat out asked if Drew or Dabo are racists...that’s not asking if they’re ignorant. Again, I answered your senseless question. Both were ignorant for that but that doesn’t mean they’re racist. If anybody is digging themselves in a hole it’s you. You’re bringing up questions wanting to ask if they’re racist when NOBODY said anything about them being racists. Pathetic the distance people would go to try to “prove a point”

Jun 4, 2020, 3:08 PM

Yeah you’re definitely the one digging himself into a hole. Just a heads up.

Jun 4, 2020, 3:18 PM

You’re just ignorant dude...you choose to ignore the real reason why the kneeing you place anyway. Educated yourself because you’re really sounding quite pathetic right now. Clearly the man took a #### because he didn’t want to disrespect the flag. The proof is there. Get from under your rock

Jun 4, 2020, 3:19 PM

Kneeling took*

You are looking at wrong...

Jun 4, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

Or only from your eyes ...I'm with Brees on his stance on kneeling for the anthem and I get what Cap meant by doing it.

But what Brees is saying is that the national anthem is off limits to protesting or utilizing an agenda. That's reserved for honoring our country and those who made ultimate sacrifices for everyone, regardless of background. That is what he saying.

You can disagree and it's fine. What needs to stop is attacking bc they don't believe like you do. We all need reminders of this from time to time but Brees has every right to stand his ground.

It's a #### joke to see people tearing him down over that. As is the King's announcer.

I think most of this protest is very misguided in it's targets for racism? Do any of these people really understand what racism is? And ironically enough, racism is being displayed by the groups that are pointing the fingers in the other direction.

Opinions carry more weight

Jun 4, 2020, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

when them come from a good place.

When the world is talking, this very moment, about police brutality and social injustices, and someone makes a remark dismissing another persons way of protest....well, what was the point? It was very ill timed, tone deaf and ignorant. What he said, was hurtful and shows he's either a) uneducated on the issues at hand, miss-informed, or close minded.

Maybe someone in Drew Brees's corner should have told him that Kap, at the advice of a Green Beret Nate Boyer mindfully and consciously chose to stop sitting in his protest, and kneel. Doing such would still show honor to the military and those who sacrificed their lives for our freedom (which includes the ability to protest) but also protest in his small way to bring attention to police brutality and social injustices.

I wish all media would have covered this more (Nate Boyer). But in this time period, every story needs to be left vs right, blue vs red,...and this story doesn't pit one side against the other so there is no value. Shameful! F'n shameful.

Re: Opinions carry more weight

Jun 4, 2020, 2:38 PM

Thank you please tell some of these other clowns this that’s on this discussion board

You so woke.***

Jun 4, 2020, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 4, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

Thankfully he is so ignorant and closed minded. I never watch the NFL, but he is now my favorite QB and would be the only team I would watch. It feels great to be so ignorant and closed minded, and an AMERICAN that loves and respects his country.

Edit after he caved under pressure:
I can no longer respect Brees and wanted to make that clear. He was correct and had every right to speak his stance on that kneeling crap. Cowering to Black pressure shows that he is simply afraid that Blacks won't block for him and he'll look terrible as a QB.

We should only hear statements like this from people that love AMERICA and cannot be pressured by Black Supremacy or Black Privilege.

Message was edited by: Orange Lightning®

More than Watson?

Jun 4, 2020, 1:52 PM

That's some strong faith bruh. Too bad you only have 1 more year to cheer him on.

The ignorance

Jun 4, 2020, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

runs deep with this one.

Re: The ignorance

Jun 8, 2020, 2:13 PM

Thanks for your anti-AMERICAN, White-hating opinion. We'll give it all the consideration it deserves.

Thanks for your input.

Jun 4, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

And, yeah, I gave you a TD for YOUR intolerance, insensitivity, and close-mindedness.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 4, 2020, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

Did Dabo disagree with kneeling? What’s your opinion about him if so?

Yes--Dabo disagreed with it, and showed his ignorance.

Jun 4, 2020, 2:11 PM

Question answered.

By the way, if you would have paid Kaep a little more respect a few years ago when he TRIED TO PEACEFULLY PROTEST POLICE BRUTALITY perhaps we could have avoided the massive protests we're seeing now. But you refused to listen, empathize, or even TRY to understand. And here we are.

So pat yourselves on your backs, boys--or on your red necks if that's easier. Job well done!

Re: Yes--Dabo disagreed with it, and showed his ignorance.

Jun 4, 2020, 2:25 PM

Dabo said that the protest was a distraction to the team and that’s why he didn’t agree with it. It was a distraction.

The simple fact is that no matter what the cause, some people won’t appreciate a protest during the anthem. No matter what the cause some people see the kneeling as disrespecting the country/flag. Had he chosen a different approach things might have gone differently. Kap’s only unemployed because teams don’t want the distraction...has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing with him.

Re: Yes--Dabo disagreed with it, and showed his ignorance.

Jun 4, 2020, 3:11 PM

If I remember correctly, the part of Dabo's comments that got him heat were saying that things were much better than they used to be, and mentioned that Clemson had a black quarterback as an example. That part probably wouldn't have been so bad, and it could be argued that he was making a fair point about progress. Then he went on to say that anyone not happy could find another country to live in. I can't remember his exact words, but it was something along those lines, and that's what I remember him getting a hard time about.

Jun 5, 2020, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

Drew Breese is far from ignorant ....he is a super smart and super rich nice guy .......but the facts never matter to you liberals do they.......only lie, lie again, and lie some more is all you do and know to try and get your political crap approved by others like you who are less knowledgeable than the average person out there....Go Tigers!!!!!

Jun 5, 2020, 4:23 PM

Here’s the definition of ignorant since apparently you don’t know the definition. Yes he was VERY much ignorant and was unaware of the true reasons of kneeling. You’re just as closed minded as him..thanks for showing us what’s more important to you.

Jun 5, 2020, 6:10 PM

Ignorant is not the word to describe you little buddy...that is being way to generous in describing your lack of intelligence......which best describes most liberals like you who typically think with their heart instead of their brain......Can’t see the the facts for the forest......Go Tigers!!!!

Jun 5, 2020, 6:17 PM

Thanks for proving my point an many others. The fact that YOU being intellectually challenged and continue your willful ignorance further proves that we have a long way to go as a nation. The fact that quite frankly you come off as a person that thinks that a symbol of freedom is more important than freedom and equality itself shows that you need help. You’re ignorant...extremely...and that’s an understatement. Drew was ignorant for doubling down on a statement he made four years ago when he DID NOT KNOW the true meaning behind the kneeling. All those years and he’s saying the same thing. It’s not about to be flag or national anthem and it’s not disrespecting it. He was ignorant and so are you

Jun 5, 2020, 10:53 PM

My mom’s brother gave his life defending that flag in WWII 75 years ago along with thousands of others......he was only 20 years old and it pisses me off when anybody disrespects our flag or our country.......I don’t care if you are white, black, blue, or purple......you stand your behind up and show respect for our flag......but people like you which have done nothing but gripe and complain (and think you are so smart but really or not) could never understand this because you hate our flag, hate our country, and really deep down hate yourself.......Freedom is not and has never been free......some gave all and some gave nothing........Go Tigers!!!’

Jun 6, 2020, 2:14 AM

AGAIN....it is NOT disrespecting to kneel during the National Anthem. What part of that do you not understand??? Nate Boyer is a United States Army Green Beret and HE TOLD KAP THAT KNEELING IS THE RESPECTFUL THING TO DO while protesting. Not to sit down during the anthem. So by you choosing to ignore those facts, that’s a pure sign of willful ignorance on your part. Do your research before blabbering about what’s disrespectful because you’re wrong. And Drew Brees’ recent reply to Trump is just a slap to your face. If you still don’t get it and choose to be absent minded and stubborn, you’re most definitely part of the problem.

Jun 6, 2020, 2:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

And for the record. African American’s also had grandfathers who fought in that war and later returned to be treated like trash and was hated because of their skin color. Stop just thinking about yourself and what your family did for the country. Your America is clearly different than Black’s America.

Jun 4, 2020, 2:19 PM

Probably because Lebron James gave his opinion and people treat him like he is God. One of the biggest racist ever.

Jun 4, 2020, 2:21 PM

Where’s the proof of him being a racist...show me

Drew Brees APOLOGIZED

Jun 4, 2020, 2:31 PM

for being insensitive.

He will make 25mil next year, sounds like a business decision to apologize.

Jun 4, 2020, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

I don’t think LeBron is racist. He does seem kinda’ obsessed with race though. Not saying that’s bad, particularly since he has such a big microphone and uses it to push for needed change, but that may explain why some think he’s racist.

IMO, of course.

This is just a hunch...

Jun 4, 2020, 3:30 PM

Lebron is product of his environment.

I listened to a podcast that spent a year or two in Cleveland at the Courthouse. You talk about corruption. Wow.

It's a heck a good listen. Some jaw dropping stories.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/serial-podcast-sarah-koenig-cleveland-criminal-justice-system-756840/

Lebron Loved and supported The COMMUNIST Chinese Regime

Jun 5, 2020, 6:45 PM

Beating and Killing people in Hong Kong because “King” James makes Millions of $ from China.

Re: Lebron Loved and supported The COMMUNIST Chinese Regime

Jun 5, 2020, 6:50 PM

Did he really? Got a link supporting that claim? I wanna see

Re: Lebron Loved and supported The COMMUNIST Chinese Regime

Jun 5, 2020, 8:39 PM

Look up his criticism of Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morley who was supportive of the people of Hong Kong. The Communists were offended by this as well as “King” James because the Communists support the NBA and “King” James. He’s made Millions off the Chinese.

Jun 4, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Drew Brees ]

I'm not a fan of James, but dramatic much? We've had people like Hitler exist in this world, had groups like the KKK, people hung and killed over racism, and you honestly think Lebron James is one of the biggest racist ever? I'd love to hear some examples of his racism.

Jun 4, 2020, 3:35 PM

Because his opinion is different from there’s so that makes him “racist” in there eyes. It’s really sad people can’t disagree now a days. If you do disagree then your against “them” and a racist. Drew’s opinions and feels matter just as much as everyone else’s.

Jun 4, 2020, 3:39 PM

Ummm...who on here said that Drew was a racist?

Jun 4, 2020, 4:04 PM

I didn’t say anyone on here thinks he’s a racist. I think the players and people that are ganging up on him, calling him ignorant to the cause, and say sometimes he needs to shut the f... up think his views are racist.

My grandfathers serviced in the military and I currently serve in the military and have for the last 12 years. I’m proud to stand when I hear our National Anthem play. Anyone who doesn’t wish to stand, be quite, salute, or anything like that is more than welcome to because WE are Americans. It is there right to do whatever they feel like even if I don’t agree with it.

Now as for the police brutality. I am all for police being held more accountable and think they’ve had way to much power for way too long. Hell maybe they need to have some sort of Geneva Convention type rules that will make punishment for them more stiff and hopefully prevent these senseless deaths. You can’t just protest when things are going wrong though. If the cause really matters to you I think you should have issues with it all the time and try to make a difference every day. Just because someone’s opinion is different from mine doesn’t mean I hate them or thing any less of them. Just means I think and see things differently.

Jun 4, 2020, 9:38 PM

Well the Covid 19 must be over because people are gathering in every town and city.

Jun 4, 2020, 9:44 PM

I hate that he gave into the pressure and apologized. He’s a southern born, God fearing republican who believes in his country. Nothing to be ashamed of. Anybody that criticizes that has the real problem. These people bashing him are absolute clowns.

Jun 4, 2020, 9:44 PM

I hate that he gave into the pressure and apologized. He’s a southern born, God fearing republican who believes in his country. Nothing to be ashamed of. Anybody that criticizes that has the real problem. These people bashing him are absolute clowns.

Jun 4, 2020, 9:53 PM

Since the dawn of social media,

Jun 5, 2020, 6:40 AM

No one’s opinion is off-limits to criticism.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So true.***

Jun 5, 2020, 1:23 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haven't you been reading the news? There are TONS of

Jun 5, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Since the dawn of social media, ]

opinions that are exempt from criticism............................

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Intolerance, plain and simple.***

Jun 5, 2020, 7:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Jun 5, 2020, 1:21 PM

I honestly like Drew Brees a lot. He was the QB for San Diego when I lived there and did a lot for the community and does in New Orleans too.

I hate this cancel culture more than anything in the world. One insensitive comment and comes a tide of overly virtuous, judgemental ###### ready to pounce. I mean who hasn't ever said something stupid? I probably make a daily habit out of it as I am sure many of you will point out.

That being said, yes, it was insensitive. That's just my opinion though.

Also, I do recall Laura Ingraham on Fox News saying Lebron should "just dribble" and keep his thoughts to himself and Drew Brees had "every right to voice his opinion".

Imagine being a black man and hearing this? Can you?

Jun 5, 2020, 5:03 PM

The timing of Drew Brees's remarks about kneeling during the anthem could definitely have been better. However, this is his opinion. It would appear that this opinion is shared by the vast majority of Americans of all races. I've been to sporting events all over this country.From what I've witnessed, there are extremely few people of any color taking a knee.

For those on this forum who think Brees is ignorant and insensitive for expressing his opinion, do you also think anyone sharing that opinion is ignorant and insensitive? Is your problem with Brees that he expressed his opinion at this time or that he should never have expressed his opinion? Do you feel that Brees and most of Americans are ignorant, closed minded, and insensitive?

If Brees and others like myself stand still with our hand over our heart or saluting, do you feel we are being ignorant and disrespectful if there are others choosing to kneel and we don't participate?

If you are so critical of Brees, have you been kneeling yourself? If not, shouldn't you plan on doing so in the future? To not do so seems inconsistent.

I don't hate Kap. I support his right to protest. Hopefully he will be given another chance to play in the NFL. Miami would be an excellent place for him to land. Would he choose to parade about town in his Fidel T shirt? Now THAT would really be ignorant.

Seriously, for those of you who are attacking Brees for his opinion you need to be courageous enough to follow Kap's example. If your problem is that Bree's should have held back on his opinion during this extremely volatile time, then I respect your opinion while not necessarily agreeing with it. If you are saying that Brees and those of us who do not support kneeling should NEVER express our opinion, then that is sad to me that only your opinion matters to you. Perhaps you're not as open minded as you think?

Jun 5, 2020, 6:56 PM

I know exactly where you are coming from, I really do. My grandfather fought in WW2 and I have many many other family members (including my father) who are currently in or have been in military service.

Being from this type of background, I would never kneel during our national anthem or disrespect the flag that a lot of my family put their lives on the line to protect. Having said that, I don't have a problem with people who do it either.

Like I said, I like Drew Brees. I guess I have a problem with the timing of his comments not so much his opinion. I do agree with you that we ALL need to be more tolerant of each other's opinions. This includes overly virtuous liberals (been guilty myself) who also lack tolerance.

Jun 5, 2020, 8:51 PM

I remember American Legion baseball teams being coached about how to line up and stand for the anthem. Don’t move, don’t shift your feet, don’t so much as cough!! Our coaches back then were of the WW2 generation. I saw how much they loved America and how much that flag meant to them. They instilled that respect in us and I am forever grateful to them.

Jun 5, 2020, 8:58 PM

Completely agree!

Take a guess...***

Jun 5, 2020, 9:01 PM

Replies: 90
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic