Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dr Fauci just made “personal“ statement about pro sports this Summer..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Dr Fauci just made “personal“ statement about pro sports this Summer..

Apr 15, 2020, 9:18 AM

said games possibly could be played Fanless with teams quarantined in hotels and tested a lot.

So, maybe college football will fit into that scenario!

Know that he’s a former high school & college basketball player and is an avid fan of a pro baseball team..and as such he would like to see sports resume asap safely.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dr Fauci just made personal statement about pro sports this Summer..

Apr 15, 2020, 9:28 AM

I have personally been thinking we will have no sports or events this year so when we finally get something I'll be pleasantly surprised by it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2020, 9:29 AM

PREPARED TO BE SURPRISED.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2020, 9:30 AM

PRETTY SURE FAUCI DOES NOT NO A FOOTBALL FROM A GOLF BALL. JUST SAYIN. HE IS A LAB RAT.

Apr 15, 2020, 9:32 AM

https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2020/04/03/anthony-fauci-ben-cohen-running-basketball

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 15, 2020, 9:43 AM

His story and history is a lot like the next gen will be reading 40+ years from now and their names will be the players that Dabo brings in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's Correct

Apr 15, 2020, 9:54 AM

MLB is already exploring such a plan: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886539-mlb-rumors-league-still-investigating-plan-to-start-2020-season-in-arizona

This seems legitimate and feasible.

And I think if MLB can pull it off, it will experience a massive resurgence in popularity. Can you imagine 10-15 televised games every day right now? I'd probably just sit and watch baseball all day. I'm really hoping this becomes reality (if this lockdown continues). Obviously, I'd prefer to return to normal, but if not, this is a great option.

Re: He's Correct- MLB would have to outlaw spitting

Apr 15, 2020, 10:03 AM

I dont think they can play without doing that. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2020, 9:59 AM

They might be able to play college football without fans, but I don't see them being able to quarantine college athletes. Maybe they could do online classes to avoid fellow students, but if the virus is still enough of a concern to not allow fans, then I find it hard to imagine them putting unpaid athletes into quarantine and putting them on the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2020, 11:00 AM

some of the posts i read on here completely boggle the mind. go ahead and raise your hand if you will not go to a game in death valley this fall. this should be quite interesting.

Apr 15, 2020, 2:30 PM

73% of sports fans in a recent poll said they would not attend games until a vaccine was available

Apr 15, 2020, 2:38 PM

well that 73% will probably never go to another game. fauchi was put in charge of developing an aids vaccine. how did that work out. there is also no vaccine for any flu strains. there are a lot of poorly informed people in our country.

Apr 15, 2020, 3:28 PM

deroberts said:

well that 73% will probably never go to another game. fauchi was put in charge of developing an aids vaccine. how did that work out. there is also no vaccine for any flu strains. there are a lot of poorly informed people in our country.

There absolutely are flu vaccines. What in the world do you think seasonal flu shots are exactly?

Apr 15, 2020, 3:35 PM

tigerfan22334®

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 3:28 PM

deroberts said:

There absolutely are flu vaccines. What in the world do you think seasonal flu shots are exactly?

uh they are flu shots. they work for some and not for others. small pox is a vaccine. measles is a vaccine. good lord dude. hopefully you didnt graduate from high school yet.

The flu shot is a multivalent vaccine

Apr 15, 2020, 3:56 PM

It's the equivalent of getting three or four separate vaccines.

Apr 15, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Dr Fauci just made personal statement about pro sports this Summer.. ]

Flu shots are literally vaccines against certain strains of the flu. There are multiple strains of flu. The flu shot is not effective against all of them, only the ones that background research have indicated could be the largest contributors to each flu season. Some people still get the flu after receiving a flu shot because they've contracted a different strain. At least do a modicum of research before acting like you know what you're talking about.

I'll even help. Here's the CDC's entry on it: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/flushot.htm

Their first statement is: "An influenza shot is a vaccine given with a needle, usually in the arm. Seasonal influenza shots protect against the three or four influenza viruses that research indicates will be most common during the season."

You're right about there being a lot of poorly informed people in our country though. #### you see one every time you look in the mirror.

Apr 15, 2020, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Dr Fauci just made personal statement about pro sports this Summer.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Dr Fauci just made “personal“ statement about pro sports this Summer..

Apr 15, 2020, 10:29 AM

Pretty sure his wish list includes shuttering the country for 18 mos and no more handshakes, ever.

Sounds completely rational.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2020, 10:44 AM

90% of players will sit out. You can't do that to CFB players. "opinion" is a big word, Trump told NFL plan on playing.

Apr 15, 2020, 11:05 AM

We'll see what happens but I totally agree with you the NFL and CFB are two different animals in this lab experiment.

Yep, pro athletes choosing to play is an option

Apr 15, 2020, 4:36 PM

I think truncated season at best for CFB at this point. I think lawsuit potential will keep any college sports inactive.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic