Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Downfield passing game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Downfield passing game

Oct 8, 2020, 3:53 AM

No one seems to ever be open sorta like last year. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Downfield passing game

Oct 8, 2020, 7:10 AM

I feel like we have scored quite a few touchdowns over 25 yards so far this year, no? Also getting Ngata back and healthy will help that a lot. Him and Ladson together on deep routes will open up the field a lot.

Amari Says "What Game You Watching"?***

Oct 8, 2020, 7:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Downfield passing game

Oct 8, 2020, 8:14 AM

Well you have to look at what the defense is presenting to you. Last year at the beginning of the season T. Lawrence was pressing too much for the big play, and defenses were sitting back playing safe and picking off Lawrence. He was struggling with playing safe and reading the underneath and taking what is available.

This season through 3 games we have 11 pass plays for over 25 yards, and 3 runs for over 25 yards. I still think this is a pretty good stat for only played 3 games.

My biggest stat is that T. Lawrence has 0 INT's compared to 5 INT's through 3 games last season.

I would like to see the O Line impose their will against teams a little more for Etienne to have a few bigger chunk running plays, but all in all I think the offense is doing pretty darn good through 3 games. I hope they keep it up and do the same against Miami.

We need Mikey to come back and teach these guys how to

Oct 8, 2020, 8:46 AM

fight for the ball when it is in the air. Like was said many times, he made those 50/50 balls more like 80/20 in his favor. That should be a skill that can be taught, along with other receiver skills.

I think the only reason Mikey has not had more success with the Chargers, aside from injury, is that pro coaches and QBs are not willing to even THROW those 50/50 balls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well NFL CBs have wayyy better ball skills than most college

Oct 8, 2020, 8:59 AM

CBs. If i were making a list of positions where the gap between an average NFL player and an average CFB is the biggest, CB would be up near the top.

That said, Mike Williams had a very good season last year, he just needs to stay healthy.

Re: We need Mikey to come back and teach these guys how to

Oct 8, 2020, 9:29 AM [ in reply to We need Mikey to come back and teach these guys how to ]

Herbert ain't scared to throw them. I can see MW having a breakout year if he can just stay on the field. Has had some serious bad luck in his career with injuries.

He got a lot of praise from teammates and coaches on Hard Knocks leading up to that injury.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic