Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Down 45-14 and Perkins is in w a broken rib
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Down 45-14 and Perkins is in w a broken rib

Dec 9, 2019, 4:23 PM

Why? Where was their medical staff on that one? Bronco is a good coach but that just isnt right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Down 45-14 and Perkins is in w a broken rib

Dec 9, 2019, 4:33 PM

He probably chose to play.. he worked his butt off to carry his team to that game. It's his reward to keep playing if he wants.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So...this broken rib being continually discussed...

Dec 9, 2019, 4:35 PM

Where's the story that confirms this myth?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to disagree, but at that point...

Dec 9, 2019, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Down 45-14 and Perkins is in w a broken rib ]

just exactly what was he playing for? The game was over and he was injured. If he was not adult enough to take himself out of the game, then someone on the coaching or medical staff should have stepped up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry to disagree, but at that point...

Dec 9, 2019, 5:07 PM

What was his injury? It looked like he was hurting, but being hurt is much different than being injured.

Dec 9, 2019, 5:17 PM

If he had a broken rib, he was INJURED-- not HURT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2019, 6:33 PM

nobody has said he had a broken rib except the OP. Nobody from UVA has said that. Their qb hasn’t said that. No reports of a broken rib from anywhere.

Dec 9, 2019, 6:50 PM

My statements are based on the OP's assertion that he had a broken rib. If he did, he had no business in the game. If he didn't have a broken rib, then his presence was questionable. I base this on the fact that the ballgame was already over, and UVA was looking at an Orange Bowl bid. Which is more important? Playing out a 30+ point deficit or staying as healthy as possible for the bowl game?

Dec 9, 2019, 7:09 PM

Well, he didn’t have a broken rib so you were just calling out the player/coaches/medical staff over something that didn’t happen. Good job.

It sucks when football players play even though they could possibly get hurt, I guess? At what point should he have stopped playing? 2nd quarter? We probably should have pulled all of our starters in the 2nd quarter too? I guess that once a team gets a lead then they should just go ahead and call the game...you know, so that nobody gets hurt unnecessarily.

Dec 10, 2019, 5:30 PM

Okay, so now you're putting words in my mouth. I prefaced all of my statements by saying IF the OP's assertion of a broken rib was correct, THEN (in my opinion) he had no business in the game. Even though, as you say (and I accept what you're saying, because I don't know) he did not have a broken rib, he was obviously "hurt." He was NOT the player he was in the first Quarter. If you were watching, you know that.

I have no interest in getting in a pi$$ing contest with you. IN MY OPINION, if he had a broken rib, someone should have put him on the bench. If he did not have a broken rib, but was hurt to the point that his playing abilities were greatly diminished, he was (1) putting himself at risk of being seriously injured and/or (2) hurting his team by staying in the game with diminished effectiveness. This is just my opinion. You are certainly entitled to yours, and I will respect it.

Go Tigers! Whip the Buckeyes!

Dec 9, 2019, 6:20 PM

He scores a TD and Mendenhall covers his bet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 10, 2019, 7:21 PM

Did they know his rib was broken at the time? He probably said he was alright and wanted to play. I don't see anything at all wrong with that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 7:26 PM

Broken rib or not, the way he was holding his side, he should have been taken out.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic