Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dose of reality about our offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 3,124

Dose of reality about our offense

Dec 31, 2019, 6:29 PM

It was not sharp against o4io st. Could be partly their good D backs or Higgins and Ross both appearing hurt. The latter is especially worrisome. I think we can hold LSU under 30, but the O needs to find rhythm to score and keep their O off the field. LSU D is not as bad as early part of year either.

Defense wins championships but LSU was on all cylinders last week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dose of reality about our offense

Dec 31, 2019, 6:33 PM

They gave up 28.

Do you think O looked sharp?

Dec 31, 2019, 6:37 PM

Not complaining just want an explanation.

Dec 31, 2019, 6:42 PM

Lawrence hardly had time to throw all night. He overthrew quite a good bit of his balls. The play calling was not good either. The two slants thrown all game were both successful and the running game through the middle wasn't even tried once with Etienne. The Clemson offense has made a living on the corner routes to the sideline all season and I don't recall seeing a single one thrown

We tried to run Etienne a little but our OL was getting blown up

Dec 31, 2019, 8:46 PM

That's the one place we still don't match up with the other elite teams. Our OL just can't run block against good defenses, and really hasn't been able to at any point during our 5 year run with the possible exception of 2015. Weve been able to overcome that using the QB a lot in the run game and just being elite through the air, but I am excited to see what we can do when the 4 and 5 star OL really start rolling in.

Dec 31, 2019, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Dose of reality about our offense ]

It’s hilarious you think we only ran 2 slants all game.

Dec 31, 2019, 6:55 PM

I’d say that they were ok over the last few weeks. Oklahoma doesn’t face any defenses in their conference so how good was their offense actually. As we saw last week. OSU was scoring almost 49 points a game against their conference and only scored 23 against us. So I think their offense was overinflated as well. Good but not49 points a game good. Heck LSU gave up more than 30 points in 4 games with 2 others scoring 28 points. Heck UGA scored 10 on them and only scored 17 against the chickens. UGA only score more than 30 points 4 times all season against not very good defenses.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 6:59 PM

Agree with you here. A lot of LSU’s wins are starting to lose their sparkle. Their win over Florida looks much less impressive after Florida struggled against Virginia the way they did with a few key defensive players sidelined

Dec 31, 2019, 7:04 PM

Rogers, Powell, Overton, Ross, Ladson, Ngata, and ETN receiving should be enough vs LSU defense provided the officials know what defensive holding looks like. If BV's Defense holds LSU to under 35, Clemson wins.

Dec 31, 2019, 7:06 PM

“Higgins and Roth appearing hurt”. Not sure what you’re implying but choice of words is crucial on this site, otherwise tantamount to cootishness. Best d back squad we’ve faced. We outlasted it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 7:10 PM

I keep hearing people say LSU had the best DB’s, and refer to themselves as DBU. But I agree with you that OSU has the best DB’s. They showed it by limiting our WR’s to minimal contributions, forcing us to use ETN more

Dec 31, 2019, 7:11 PM

The only people saying that are LSU trolls.

Dec 31, 2019, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Dose of reality about our offense ]

Who is Roth? I guess that's Ross with a listhp.

Higgins was hurt in 1st half, Ross kept getting hurt

Dec 31, 2019, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Dose of reality about our offense ]

I think Higgins was fine when he came back but still not much impact. Like later poster said, o4io just had NFL talent in secondary. We won't face that in two weeks.

My other fear...Jeff Scott was distracted. I can't blame him but he's only human. Ultimately, I will give tOSU D credit. Great talent with a plan they executed.

Higgins was hurt in 1st half, Ross kept getting hurt

Dec 31, 2019, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Dose of reality about our offense ]

I think Higgins was fine when he came back but still not much impact. Like later poster said, o4io just had NFL talent in secondary. We won't face that in two weeks.

My other fear...Jeff Scott was distracted. I can't blame him but he's only human. Ultimately, I will give tOSU D credit. Great talent with a plan they executed.

If we lose, it is the corrupt refs and ESPN

Dec 31, 2019, 7:33 PM

who always want the SEC to win. Let's just get that out now.

LSU/Oklahoma game tells you nothing about LSU.

Dec 31, 2019, 7:49 PM

LSU, OSU and Clemson would all have decimated OU's defense. UGA and BAMA were more deserving, imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guarantee you we wouldn't score 49 in a half against OU

Dec 31, 2019, 8:50 PM

That was an insane offensive showing regardless of how you feel about OUs defense.

They may have made a better showing against LSU, but....

Dec 31, 2019, 9:10 PM [ in reply to LSU/Oklahoma game tells you nothing about LSU. ]

they weren't more deserving!! UGA and Bama were both already soundly defeated by LSU...what would be the point of giving either of them a rematch and second chance at LSU???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 7:53 PM

That was the best defense Clemson has faced in the last 5 years. There were NFL players all over. They were eating up the inside of our Oline and kept us from getting any kind of running going with ETN. LSUs defense isn’t horrible, but it’s not going to be that OSU defense.

Replies: 19
| visibility 3,124
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic