Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't look now, but another stud OL just visited Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,855

Don't look now, but another stud OL just visited Clemson

Jun 12, 2018, 1:19 PM

https://twitter.com/jd_duplain/status/1006317097918652418

Pretty clear Dabo is trying to recruit some studs on OL to protect TLaw. We are going to be loaded in the trenches, boys.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

VISITS VISITS VISITS

Jun 12, 2018, 1:30 PM

I need some COMMITMENTS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: VISITS VISITS VISITS

Jun 12, 2018, 1:52 PM

PATIENCE GRASSHOPPER

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He musta heard Clemson is "cycling out"....

Jun 12, 2018, 1:35 PM

I wonder if the majority of chickenfans are aware what a bozo Todd Ellis really is??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to land some of them first***

Jun 12, 2018, 1:51 PM

Re: Don't look now, but another stud OL just visited Clemson

Jun 12, 2018, 1:53 PM

That is actually not the case at the moment, IMHO.

We are CURRENTLY loaded in the trenches. We have Hyatt and his first-round draft grade at left tackle. Tremayne Anchrum at RT reminds me a lot of Brandon Thomas...a little on the short side for an OL, but his longer wingspan and quick feet allow him to play either tackle or guard and he's probably good enough for the NFL. John Simpson definitely is, and is athletic enough to play RT but for whatever reason he prefers to play inside and he's a load, and can get out and pull...and even get to the second and third levels. Pollard at LG is probably an upgrade on Crowder - he certainly is athletically - and has very quick feet for an OG (he played RT in the past) and is another guy who can pull and get downfield...Clemson actually can pull with both guards this year, which allows some interesting NFL concepts like the backside pulling guard. And of course we've got a very rugged fifth-year senior at C in Falcinelli, always a good thing.

We're as loaded as any team maybe in history on the DL with the Power Rangers, and that doesn't even include Huggins - who is also likely to be drafted - and the legion of young ends that we've got.

We're loaded in the trenches - this year. That collection looks potentially dominant both directions.

Next year looks a lot worse. Hyatt and Falcinelli are gone and Simpson's guy who conceivably could be gone, and we're down to just 4 scholarship guys at DT.

We're not in dire trouble, but we're going to have to hustle to reload on the OL and at DT. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

*We need a potential replacement for Hyatt at LT. (Jackson Carman may or may not be able to play LT, which is its own beast.) We get a really athletic left tackle and I'll feel a whole lot better. (Whiffing on Harry Miller here was kind of...unacceptable, IMHO. He fit our program - and our needs - to a "T".)

*We need numbers and size at DT. Say what you want about Belk but he was the likely replacement for Dexter Lawrence at the nose. We've got some athletic, quick 3-tech types who are in that 275-300 range but 325+ pounders who can play the nose and control two blockers are a rarer duck and we could use one since Lawrence is almost certain to follow the other Power Rangers into the first round. (He might even lead them into the first round; I've seen him listed as a potential Top-5 guy.) We could use at least another 2 DT's to get us up to 6 - and we'd have to play 5 and hopefully redshirt one - we'd still end up playing a lot of true freshmen heavy snaps next year. We get a really big nose-guard type, and I'll be a lot happier, and I can promise you, so will the coaches.

I wish more post were like this! Good info!***

Jun 12, 2018, 1:56 PM

Jun 12, 2018, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't look now, but another stud OL just visited Clemson ]

Well, I respectfully disagree--though I do agree with a lot of what you post at other times.

Fact:

We are going to be loaded in the trenches in the 2020 cycle for certain with instant impact players.......but without giving too much away, we going outside of our normal recruiting footprint to grab some top notch talent in this cycle--and to be fair, the DT talent in this cycle isn't great from a numbers standpoint. Patience. Patience. Dabo & Co. has this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jun 12, 2018, 3:12 PM

Ridgeland Booster is correct. Fans need to calm down and trust in the guy who made their expectations what they are now. Clemson is going to do very well this recruiting cycle.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 3:23 PM

Stud? His best offer is Michigan St and mostly due to proximity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,855
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic