Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don’t look now..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,655

Don’t look now..

Jan 5, 2021, 2:04 AM

Clemson Men’s Basketball, at #19, is tied with VT as the highest ranked ACC team in the top 25. Duke and UVA follow immediately after. FSU at 25. Rare air.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don’t look now..

Jan 5, 2021, 7:32 AM

It will be exciting to see what Clemson might be able to do this year in conference. Wonder when is the last time the ACC had no one ranked higher than 18 though?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regardless of WHO the highest ranked team is in the ACC, did

Jan 5, 2021, 7:59 AM

any of us old timeers ever think we would live to see a day when the HIGHEST ranked ACC team was #19? That is an insult to what the ACC historically has been in basketball. Are we as a basketball conference truly a "has been"? Back in the day, the 4 North Carolina schools, plus Maryland, plus Cremins GT Yellowjackets were in the national conversation most years. Back in the late 60's to early 70's, even South Carolina (still an ACC member under Frank MacQuire at the time) rose to national prominence, even though they never won it all. Clemson and Virginia became sporadic competitors in the 80's and 90's. And, that's not even counting the rich basketball history of some of the more recent members like Syracuse, VT, etc from the former Big East. Where did it all go?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Regardless of WHO the highest ranked team is in the ACC, did

Jan 5, 2021, 8:36 AM

Polls don't mean anything in basketball, it's played out in March. Come back then and let's revisit the conferences standing.

Jan 5, 2021, 9:24 AM

Ten games into the season and the Tigers being the top ranked team in the ACC means a LOT to this fan. I’ve been through some tough seasons. Like maybe fifty plus, so I’m excited! Tonight home game is a very,very big opportunity for the Tigers .

Jan 5, 2021, 9:52 AM

Foresttiger, I’m with you. Fun to finally be winning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC is a soccer conference...

Jan 5, 2021, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Regardless of WHO the highest ranked team is in the ACC, did ]

basketball is so Swofford.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Regardless of WHO the highest ranked team is in the ACC, did ]

Yes exactly my point. This was the era I grew up in too. Maybe Covid has toppled the basketball world upside down too.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,655
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic