Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The coots since convinced Napier hates Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

The coots since convinced Napier hates Dabo

Nov 17, 2020, 9:39 PM

Does anyone know if there’s truth to that? Obviously he got fired here but didn’t know if he and Dabo mended fences at a later date.

Coots are really banking on Napier’s hatred of Dabo to give them back the edge in the rivalry- LOL!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So be it - Dabo hates Napier

Nov 17, 2020, 9:47 PM

UofSC is in a no won situation (unfortunately). They may not get their best choices. we can revisit this situation in 3 years!! UofSC will be in same situation. Looks like a curae of the geography they are part of.

No truth to that what so ever...

Nov 17, 2020, 9:50 PM

Just more delusion from our coot friends.

They were best friends on the staff under Bowden.

Nov 17, 2020, 9:56 PM

They recruited together every Friday night and hung out in the summer. I believe that Dabo gave Napier the OC job out of loyalty to their friendship because Napier wanted to invent a "Power" spread system. Dabo was more of a spread em' out guy but he let Napier try to make his offense run.

So when Napier was let go, I imagine there were some hurt feelings and I am sure the tension grew even more when Napier went to Alabama under Saban. But I don't think there is any real deep seeded hatred or intense rivalry.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Dabo and Saban have a beach house together...***

Nov 17, 2020, 11:19 PM

LOL

Nov 18, 2020, 8:53 AM

poor guys can't even afford their own beach house

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The coots since convinced Napier hates Dabo

Nov 17, 2020, 10:05 PM

I’ve read where it was mentioned several times in different forums. My guess is that it’s irrelevant in term of UofSC establishing an advantage on Dabo and Clemson football, like some seem to think.

Nov 17, 2020, 10:24 PM

Since they were friends, the only benefit hiring him may give the coots is Dabo may go a little easier on them. So instead of the tigers winning by 50+, maybe they’ll slip by with only a 40 pt beating.

Nov 18, 2020, 12:30 AM

No one cares, coot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots are also ignorant and deluded, and ....

Nov 18, 2020, 8:33 AM

procreate with their brothers, sisters and cousins.

As if uof6c ever really had "the edge" in the rivalry.

The Capons are so far behind Clemson in terms of recruiting, talent and coaching, they will continue to be Clemson's little b!tch for the foreseeable future regardless of who they hire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Don't know anything about that but I am starting to hope

Nov 18, 2020, 8:40 AM

they hire Napier. I think he's like Muschamp...harmless. I honestly don't see what they do in him. Do they really see him as the long term identity of their program? Based on what? 2.5 years as a head coach? At Louisiana?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's cheap and he's probably interested...

Nov 18, 2020, 8:49 AM

which are two of their top three criteria.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Don't know anything about that but I am starting to hope

Nov 18, 2020, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Don't know anything about that but I am starting to hope ]

I think Napier is a good coach with an interesting pedigree.

He was there when Dabo planted his culture and has worked with Savannah for several years.

He is an excellent recruiter and has demonstrated head coaching success at a mid level.

The question is how will he do vs Dabo Kirby and Mack surrounding his coop?

Nov 18, 2020, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Don't know anything about that but I am starting to hope ]

He was there when Dabo planted his culture and has worked with Savannah for several years.

He is an excellent recruiter and has demonstrated head coaching success at a mid level.

Nov 18, 2020, 8:59 AM

If the coots think there is bad blood between Napier and Dabo now, just wait until Napier is at USuc three or four years and has gotten the snot beaten out of him every year. It will be ugly.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic