Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't kid yourself ND will be a battle if you look
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Don't kid yourself ND will be a battle if you look

Dec 3, 2018, 6:34 PM

At our common opponents and scores. Clemson will be ready. - I have no doubt but this will be a 4th quarter game. Dabo tells you it is hard to win a game. To win 12 or 13 means you are a good team. No matter if you respect ND or not, they will also be ready and this will be a good battle. I think it will be a much better game than the Orange Bowl-Bama vs Ok. Go Tigers!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't kid yourself ND will be a battle if you look

Dec 3, 2018, 6:36 PM

We'll see.

ND's team speed isn't great and their receivers don't really create bad match ups for us like some others do. Mostly have to cover the TE and the RB out of the backfield.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 6:45 PM

Go look up what the Pitt coach said after the game and get back to me .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND would have had a month!

Dec 3, 2018, 6:59 PM

We would have had a month to prepare as well; but ND can't change their personnel. Top to bottom they have talent in all positions but aren't deep like The Tigers! We can go to the bench and pull a 4 star young guy off the bench if someone gets banged up. The depth and overall team speed will catch up with the Irish.
I think everyone goes back to the game we won and think: you were at home and you only won by 2. Big thing though: we won, it was raining! They were the more line of scrimmage power team and the rain took us out of our comfort game a bit. But, despite that we still beat they alpha sierra sierra!

ND plays their A game and Clemson plays it's A game we win by at least 14 pts. I really want to say more honestly! I saw the Vandy/ND game before I. Book. I saw the ND/Cuse game where Dungey got knocked out early! They are good on the lines and we will have to play well. Not taking a thing from ND/ but the same thing that bit them the last time they played Bama will plague them in this game. Overall team speed!

The month to prepare will help us more than it will help them!!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rewatched their game vs Cuse last night.

Dec 3, 2018, 6:44 PM

Tall, but painfully slow wide receivers. Not much of a running game. Looked to pass about 60%-65%. A better than average team with a game managing QB, and tall receivers and TEs.

As long as we show up to play, we kill them. Can't have our secondary looking at the sideline in confusion every time the ball is snapped though. Safeties have to get it together.

I'll give you a 3rd quarter.

Dec 3, 2018, 7:03 PM

4th quarter we already punching our tickets to the Natty.

Re: I'll give you a 3rd quarter.

Dec 3, 2018, 7:26 PM

I pretty much agree!
If - "IF" we can stop the run consistently. Remember CU is always a leader in TFL's. Make Ian Book beat us passing it! Now, you may say, ND WR's are as good or better than SCAR. To which I would say; are they? I don't necessarily think so! I think Edwards, Smith and Samuels will all find a home in the NFL fairly easy! Especially Smith and Edwards! But, will Brian Kelly show his arrogance again and just insist on running plays that aren't working? On paper we have nothing less than a stalemate on the line of scrimmage vs. their offense. Nothing less than a stalemate perhaps an advantage! We will need to dominate up front like we are capable of and I tend to agree with you honestly; 3rd qtr. If not, yeah, it could be closer!
Brent Venables with time to go back and look at your trick plays and special formations is bad news! And running new plays in the heat of the battle often don't go as well as in practice!
Plus, they will have to stop our offense!

Dec 3, 2018, 7:20 PM

Agree. Some seem very confident, a little too confident in my opinion. I’ll take the points. I think this game will be won late also. Might be the first time in quite a while we will need a very important field goal.

What? All of our common opponent scores

Dec 3, 2018, 7:34 PM

Well, Wake had 398 yards of total offense against

Dec 3, 2018, 7:36 PM

ND and the game was close until late in the 3rd quarter.

The only common opponent that ND had a greater margin of victory than Clemson was Syracuse, but that was because Dungey left the game with an injury in the 1st quarter, and Clemson played Syracuse with our 3rd string QB most of the game.

I agree we will not blow ND out, but I think we win by 14-17 points.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 7:39 PM

Players disregard.... But we will blow the doors off the Irish

Better prepared team? Urban Meyers OSU team or

Dec 3, 2018, 7:49 PM

Brian Kelly's ND team. I think we will have a bigger battle from Kelly's team. We may win by 14 to 17 in the end but I think many of us will be on edge for a large portion of the game. It will be a test. I think we win but I don't see a blowout. Go Tigers!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Better prepared team? Urban Meyers OSU team or

Dec 3, 2018, 7:57 PM

Our Oline will be tested wouldn't hurt to throw to the TE.In BV I trust in big games.

Dec 3, 2018, 7:56 PM

Name one position other than TE or kicker where ND is better than us.

Dec 3, 2018, 8:05 PM

This is an important game for 2 reasons;
1. The path to the 2018 NC
2. We will be playing them a lot over the next decade, so we to show this "almost in the ACC team" where their place is.

Not Saying Blowout! Just that

Dec 3, 2018, 8:58 PM

Kelly surely had the Irish well prepared the last time they played in a big game like this. The difference though is: "players"!
They are well coached. They have some studs as well! But, they don't have as many as we do! I think that's the difference here.
Both teams are going to be well coached on the other teams tendencies by the time the game rolls around. I know that; you know that. But, unless they change the rules, there is not enough time for ND to get the speed they are going to need to block us and tackle us!
You play the games because yes: "if you don't execute, you will get beat even if you are physically more capable"! We are by pretty much all the recruiting services superior to ND in talent! I would give us an edge in coaching as we have been to the top of the mountain; Kelly hasn't!

Please, Please, don't mistake my words for some sort of "guarantee"! We can still get beat if we don't execute. But, assuming we play our best and ND plays it's best = "I don't see them being able to beat us"! They would need help from Clemson to win this game in my humble opinion! I've seen ND play at least 4 times this year and parts of other games! Believe me; I wouldn't say it if I wasn't bloody sure!

Dec 3, 2018, 9:01 PM

Ok.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously the best team we’ve played this year

Dec 3, 2018, 9:02 PM

People who act like this is a warm up or something need to be realistic. It’s gonna be a tight game. Hope we make the plays at the end.

Dec 3, 2018, 9:10 PM

Notre Dame and Clemson vs Syr/WF/FSU/Pitt (Opp)
This set of data is a pretty good indicator of what should happen. Tigers win.

ElementNDOppCUOpp
Score37.514.347.811.5
1st downs24.519.422.012.3
3rd dwns eff26/5527/6821/5816/71
3rd dwns %47%40%36%23%
Tot yards467299528252
Passing253149231150
..comp/attempts86/13173/14478/12757/124
..yd/pass7.64.17.04.0
..INTs thrown1.31.30.51.0
Rushing214150296102
..attempts41404040
..yd/rush5.13.77.42.3
..Fumbles lost0.30.30.750.75
Penalties23/20119/18317/13534/274

Remember FSU the year after they won their last natty?

Dec 3, 2018, 9:14 PM

They looked like this year’s ND...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic