Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't be fooled by South Carolina...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Don't be fooled by South Carolina...

Nov 2, 2014, 11:22 AM

The more I see them play, the more I get nervous about that game at the end of the year. For some reason, they have been losing to teams they shouldn't lose to, but playing up to the level of teams who are clearly better than them (see Auburn and Georgia).

Don't be fooled, South Carolina isn't a bad team this year. They just haven't had luck (or defense) on their side. They're averaging something like 36 points a game.

Just saying, our boys need to go into that game with a certain mindset. We can't walk into that game thinking "yeah, this is our year to beat them because they suck this year", because if we do, we may find ourselves with a loss and I couldn't bare a 6th straight loss to the gamecocks. Especially when they have a record of 5-6 or 6-5.

We are clearly the better team this year and we need to go out on the field and dominate them in every facet of the game. That's the only way we win in this situation.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Don't be fooled by South Carolina...

Nov 2, 2014, 11:24 AM

I think SC is a very capable team and can play outstanding football, if they get on a roll. Nobody will be taking this game for granted. NObody.

I just hope that if Dabo gets the chance to run the score up, he does...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Averaging 36 points against BAD defenses***

Nov 2, 2014, 11:30 AM

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah..but but but..theyre SEC defenses...

Nov 2, 2014, 12:33 PM

;)

Re: Yeah..but but but..theyre SEC defenses...

Nov 2, 2014, 12:39 PM

I am not worried. They have only played one defense that ranked inside the top 25 . Lost , Mizzou.
They are terrible and while we have to get it going on offense they will not have the luxury of pocket time or heavy zone coverages to throw freely into.
No , I am not in the least bit concerned .
48-24 Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 2, 2014, 12:49 PM

I wish I had your confidence tigerdug.

Nov 3, 2014, 4:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Yeah..but but but..theyre SEC defenses... ]

> I am not worried. They have only played one defense
> that ranked inside the top 25 .
Lost , Mizzou.
> They are terrible and while we have to get it going
> on offense they will not have the luxury of pocket
> time or heavy zone coverages to throw freely into.
> No , I am not in the least bit concerned .
> 48-24 Tigers.

By the same token we have yet to play an offense ranked in the top 25. The highest ranked offenses we've faced to this point in the season are, FSU at #35 nationally in total offense and UGA at #43 nationally in total offense and we lost both of these games
(though we should have beaten FSU by 3 Td's). The next highest ranked offense we've faced is UNC and they are #57 nationally in total offense and they scored 35 points and put up 478yds on us.

USUC is currently #23 nationally in total offense and will be the best offense we see all season. They will also come into this game with absolutely nothing to lose and Spurrier would love nothing more than to embarrass us with quite possibly the worst team he has ever had as HC record wise. They will throw everything they have at us. And as we saw against Auburn last weekend, when Spurrier is on his 'A- game' calling plays they are a tough team to beat. Anybody underestimating this game is being foolish. Especially when you consider how we've played against them the last few seasons.

Nov 2, 2014, 11:31 AM

Without a well functioning offense we will not beat them. They are better than Syracuse, Boston Colege, and as good as Louisville if not better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2014, 11:32 AM

They will play with a nasty "Nothing To Lose" attitude when they come into Death Valley.

We cannot and will not take them lightly.

A wounded animal, even if it is a chicken, can be very dangerous...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death?" - Little Mac 62

a wounded chicken....

Nov 3, 2014, 7:45 AM

Ends up in the frying pan.

I want a repeat of 63-17....with an extra score just because.

Agreed...DESTROY them***

Nov 2, 2014, 11:32 AM

Nm

You are exactly correct***

Nov 2, 2014, 11:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2014, 11:38 AM

Very well said. They suck (stopping the run and tackling) where we suck (running the football and breaking open field tackles). I think the game will be close even with Watson.

Nov 2, 2014, 11:44 AM

When it comes to a rivalry you can throw stats and records out the window. I'll feel better about it if we win and only then.

We match up well with them.

Nov 2, 2014, 11:41 AM

I agree we can't take them lightly, but our D will not allow them 36 points or anywhere near it. Their D is bad and will be a relief after Louisville, BC and such. I really like the matchups.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2014, 11:41 AM

I will agree they may be better than their record. But at home after 5 in a row if the Tigers are not up and fully prepared for this game, something is wrong. The Coots haven't faced a D like the Tigers either. A loss to them this year would be a VERY bad thing.

Agreed. Spurrier is a master at manning-up for prime

Nov 2, 2014, 11:54 AM

time, and they very well may need a win here to be bowl-eligible.

It's going to take a complete 60-minute effort, like every other game. Take nothing for granted.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be ready every 4th down - will empty the play book***

Nov 2, 2014, 12:08 PM

I am fully confident AU played down and the UGA play calling (limited Gurley)

Nov 2, 2014, 12:27 PM

On the road with that terrible D vs the coots O-Line cost the Dawgs more than USuCk played up. Don't forget the phantom holding call that brought back the long Gurley run and TD.

Nov 2, 2014, 12:37 PM

They are as bad as their record. Their LUCK has run out. They spend their entire season thinking about and planning for us. Thats why all theyve accomplished is winning our game. Their biggest problem is that spuurier doesnt have 20 years to even things up.

I simply don't think we will be able to outscore them. We

Nov 2, 2014, 12:54 PM

have a great defense, but they have a great offense. I say they score at least 28 on us and I don't see our offense scoring 29 on them. They have issues on defense, but even bad defenses can use a game against a team with no offense to cure its ills. I hope Watson gets some action against Wake and we start to improve offensively by the SC game. I also don't see us outscoring Ga Tech.

I feel like that's going a little overboard....

Nov 2, 2014, 1:04 PM

Our offense will be fine once we get Watson back (and if he is completely healthy).

null

They won't score 28***

Nov 2, 2014, 1:54 PM [ in reply to I simply don't think we will be able to outscore them. We ]

I hope you're right, but they have weapons in

Nov 2, 2014, 4:12 PM

Cooper, Byrd, Davis, Miles, and Thompson is among leaders in SEC in offense.

Re: I hope you're right, but they have weapons in

Nov 2, 2014, 4:21 PM

We will need to put up 35 points or more to win. Their offense is as good as any we have played this year. They will beat us deep or break long runs often enough to score 30.

The beat us in the Valley with Dylan Thompson - Shaw and

Nov 2, 2014, 11:51 PM

Lattimore were injured. I believe we beat them - but Psycholina is going to come in psyched up - this game might be their "season."

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If South Carolina gets beat by Florida

Nov 2, 2014, 12:55 PM

I think they will pack it in for the season.

It's already happened Bro

Nov 2, 2014, 1:53 PM

They're done

Re: Since we played

Nov 2, 2014, 2:22 PM

F$U w/o the crab king, SC could be the best offense we face this year. We will need to be (and should be) able to run on them. Morris will need to call a good game; as Spur seems to call good games vs. us and UGA.

Re: Since we played

Nov 2, 2014, 3:26 PM

South Carolina's game is predicated on the run which we're very good at stopping. We're going to force Thompson to beat us with his arm. We won't be fooled by that speed sweep option they run. He's going to have to make throws into coverage. P. Cooper scares me a bit and they run a good bit of wildcat. However, having the GT game so close to the coot game will be a benefit as we'll have seen a lot of option and essentially wildcat plays.

What I worry about is our offense. Their run D sucks...big time. That Dobbs kid looked great against the coots, so I expect DW to shred them. However, just like with any team they're going to bring pressure and bring it often. I just hope that our O line is up to the task.

Nov 2, 2014, 5:05 PM

Agree, the chickens always seem to play like an NFL team against us, just hope we can finally stop their running q/b who burned us a few years ago.

That's a dumpster fire coot

Nov 2, 2014, 10:14 PM

It's over. You will finish 4-8. The Old Man has lost this team

Yep, he's a coot but he also

Nov 2, 2014, 11:54 PM

has a valid point. A win against Clemson in the Valley, would take a lot of their grief away. Tigers will need to really be on their game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MY GAWD

Nov 2, 2014, 11:54 PM

Stop being pvssies.

We're going to curb stomp the coots.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

+1.***

Nov 3, 2014, 12:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If a 5 game losing streak isn't enuf motivation

Nov 3, 2014, 8:35 AM

I don't know what is.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic