Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does this actually hurt the SEC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,564

Does this actually hurt the SEC?

Jul 31, 2020, 4:16 PM

Typically they feast on 4 patty cakes in September and boost their collective perception once conference play begins in earnest in October for them. This year, half of the league has a loss in their week 2. I do think that’s why they delayed until September 26 to create the same false narrative but I dot think it will work because they won’t be part of the conversation for most of September.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does this actually hurt the SEC?

Jul 31, 2020, 4:41 PM

It is my personal belief that the various conferences are trying to do everything they feel is safe to allow for some kind of a season for their fans. I don’t believe there is any concern about anyone fearing another opponent or their conference. Fans, like us, want a football season and I think that it is being planned to safely allow a season. Perhaps not exactly like you or I would want but a chance to return to some form of normalcy. I assure that USC isn’t afraid to play Clemson. Their fans are as disappointed as I am. And that’s a lot!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 5:10 PM

It will certainly hurt the coots but the cupcakes have been beating them lately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Does this actually hurt the SEC? ]

Rivalry Week is the last week so I don’t believe safety is the reason. The SEC could not afford two or three losses to the ACC So they took the “safe” route.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on the team. But certainly playing another SEC team

Jul 31, 2020, 5:12 PM

instead of a D1AA team should give a lot of team more losses.

No, the SEC is Legends in their own Mind.

Jul 31, 2020, 5:24 PM

They think they are the Great and Powerful Oz.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No because you are forgetting their partner, espn. espn

Jul 31, 2020, 5:32 PM

will ensure the teams are all ranked high enough up front that very few losses are bad losses, and almost all wins are good wins.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Jul 31, 2020, 5:58 PM

The only real difference this year is a 3 loss SEC team will be the 4th team in the CFP

Re: No

Jul 31, 2020, 6:26 PM

If we get this season in, we’ll have to listen to SEC folks complain about their NFL - type 10 game season, with no “off weeks” like the other conferences.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,564
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic