Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does not look good for Wake Forest & an Asst Coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 3,107

Does not look good for Wake Forest & an Asst Coach

Aug 9, 2018, 9:49 PM

I just inadvertently came across this. Really bad news regardless of the Sport.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wake-forest-assistant-charged-deadly-new-york-city-attack-tourist-225423988.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does not look good for Wake Forest & an Asst Coach

Aug 9, 2018, 10:47 PM

If he is actually guilty of what he is being accused of, he deserves what ever comes his way. It's easy to be a prick, but no one should die bc of it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 9:17 AM

Sounds to me like the coach was simply trying to stop a drunk man that was vandalizing cars and punching others. The article says the drunk had already punched someone else in the face, so he may have been looking for a fight and it sounds like he got one. Then he fell and the concrete caused the fatality. Of course there are multiple sides to most stories though.

Aug 10, 2018, 10:21 AM

Read on another site that the coach fled the scene and was later arrested. That was the reason but then I do not think you are allowed to protect yourself in New York and should always call the police if you are wronged. People have been sentenced to jail time for taking a weapon away from a mugger and using it to protect themselves.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 10:55 AM

That's kind of the irony here...if this happened in Florida and he shot the guy, he'd be in the clear.

This will be an interesting case to follow. If he had remained on the scene and tried to help the guy after he was down, I think it would look very different. Especially if the evidence shows the guy had been aggressive/threatening toward him and others. But fleeing the scene and turning himself in 2 days later is no bueno.

Mentioning Deadly Concrete Street Curbs brings up sad story in Charlotte

Aug 10, 2018, 12:24 PM

years ago where a just out of Law School Female was jogging downtown Charlotte on a wet Saturday morning for a charity event, slipped on damp leaves while going over a curb & fell backwards against it with back of her head and died immediately.

To add to the sadness was that she had just joined her DaD’s Law Firm in Charlotte days earlier!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Does not look good for Wake Forest & an Asst Coach ]

Don't care where you are, you cant flee the scene like he did. It was obvious the guy was hurt, you have an obligation to prevent further injury by notifying authorities and do your due diligence with cooperating with them.

Replies: 6
| visibility 3,107
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic