Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does it seem Morris's offense has gotten slower?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,258

Does it seem Morris's offense has gotten slower?

Sep 3, 2014, 8:33 AM

I know everyone is complaining that Morris got too conservative in the UGA game.....maybe part of going conservative is taking longer to snap the ball cuz there was no hurry up. The offense didn't huddle but they were just standing there awhile instead of snapping the ball. I believe I saw a few occasions where Georgia subbed 3-4 guys while the offense was just standing there.

There is nothing new under the sun regarding an offense except the recent development of the HUNH that has several coaches trying to make rules against it. Morris has a spread offense like 80% of the rest of college football.....if he's not going to be HUNH then is there anything unique about his system?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was very fast in the first half

Sep 3, 2014, 8:35 AM

the last successful drive we had came from us running the ball down UGA's throat and quickly moving up to the LOS. I think like everything else it falls on Morris to call the right plays to get the offense in rythem.

To the contrary, Morris's offense was so fast

Sep 3, 2014, 8:36 AM

Saturday that it felt like they were barely even on the field in the 2nd half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

grabbed the remote to turn up the vol on offense, when i

Sep 3, 2014, 8:39 AM

looked back up we were punting.

i thought i'd hit the wrong button.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that was gameplanning for UGA...

If you go 3 and outs too quick, Gurley gets more chances... (see 2nd half)

We had long, time consuming drives the first half that kept Gurley off the field. I think that's why we didn't go quite as fast.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Does it seem Morris's offense has gotten slower?

Typically the "hurry up" part of the offense doesn't start until the offense gets a first down and since we only got one first down in the second half you hardly saw the hurry up offense. The reason behind why you don't do hurry up on the first set of downs is because you want to give your D a little bit of time to get some water.

Sep 3, 2014, 8:53 AM

> Typically the "hurry up" part of the offense doesn't
> start until the offense gets a first down and since
> we only got one first down in the second half you
> hardly saw the hurry up offense. The reason behind
> why you don't do hurry up on the first set of downs
> is because you want to give your D a little bit of
> time to get some water.

I guess if this is the case and every drive in second half was 3 and out then it looked much slower than it was for the whole game.

57 plays first half...thats fast

Sep 3, 2014, 8:40 AM

second half is a different story....

Re: 57 plays first half...thats fast

Sep 3, 2014, 8:48 AM

> second half is a different story....

Well then the slowness in the second half is even more confounding.

Not if you look at the time of possession per series

Sep 3, 2014, 8:46 AM

Keep in mind that every drive we had started with either a run or a completed pass, so the game clock would have run on that down in every possession. And yet we still only had 3 drives that went longer than 2 minutes. At least 1 of the 2 that went 2minutes plus was only that long because we ran the play clock down on the punt.

Top Start Plays Yards Results
04:14 CLEM 30 12 70 Touchdown
01:15 CLEM 10 3 8 Punt
00:39 CLEM 16 3 3 Punt
01:34 CLEM 9 3 -4 Punt
01:43 CLEM 22 6 78 Touchdown
04:23 CLEM 32 10 68 Touchdown
01:29 CLEM 25 5 18 Interception
03:22 CLEM 18 13 65 Missed FG
01:54 CLEM 23 3 8 Punt
01:20 CLEM 6 3 5 Punt
01:04 CLEM 20 3 7 Punt
02:20 CLEM 8 4 19 Punt
01:21 CLEM 17 3 -3 Punt
01:09 CLEM 19 3 -6 Punt
02:10 CLEM 25 3 -15 Punt

could it be that its a new QB playing?

Sep 3, 2014, 8:59 AM

ya'll act like there supposed to be absolutely no drop off in productivity. Cole has always been slower. His wind up is slower his mannerisms are slower than Tahj. I hate to point out the obvious but the offense was ran how it was supposed to be run when DW came in...he was fast, quick with his calls and progressions and threatened with the run. Cole never really threatened with the run and thats why they started teeing off on him late. they knew he wasn't going any where...

I like Cole but the offense is built for DW. I think you'll see the change after the FSU game... gotta feeling its going to look like the UGA game did in the second half because they're going to be doing the same thing..bc they watched that game. To survive Cole will have to make quicker decisions.

Sep 3, 2014, 9:16 AM

maybe a little but not as much as the fan base. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,258
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic