Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Xavier Thomas — Any word on Not playing? They said on TV yesterday that it WAS NOT Covid Related
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 51

Xavier Thomas — Any word on Not playing? They said on TV yesterday that it WAS NOT Covid Related

Dec 20, 2020, 1:22 PM

Unfortunately, he was suspended for the 1st Half of the National Championship last year due to missing meetings, etc. I hope this is not “History repeating itself”. Hopefully, it was an undisclosed minor Injury that kept him out. It would be great to see him for the Playoffs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo said he was not injured.. just unavailable***

Dec 20, 2020, 1:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo said he was not injured.. just unavailable***

Dec 20, 2020, 1:36 PM

Sounds like discipline issues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo said he was not injured.. just unavailable***

Dec 20, 2020, 1:55 PM

2000® said:

Sounds like discipline issues.

If this is the case, I don’t know if “the Light” will ever come on for XT!

That generally means they're in the "love shack"...

Jan 12, 2024, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Dabo said he was not injured.. just unavailable*** ]

for something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: That generally means they're in the "love shack"...

Dec 22, 2020, 9:51 AM

Let’s not jump to conclusions which put a player in a bad light. Lots of other reasons he might be unavailable. No need to disparage one of our own.

Re: Xavier Thomas — Any word on Not playing? They said on TV yesterday that it WAS NOT Covid Related

Dec 20, 2020, 1:40 PM

We also were missing Ladson and Dixon--both of whom were supposedly available to play the day before the game. Why in each instance is the ??.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Xavier Thomas — Any word on Not playing? They said on TV yesterday that it WAS NOT Covid Related

Dec 20, 2020, 1:44 PM

Ladson played a little. Don’t know about Dixon.

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Dixon saw some limited PT***

Dec 20, 2020, 1:56 PM

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 20, 2020, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Xavier Thomas — Any word on Not playing? They said on TV yesterday that it WAS NOT Covid Related ]

Ladson definitely played. He was down field blocking for the EJ Williams TD.

Love shack?***

Dec 20, 2020, 1:59 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's doghouse***

Dec 20, 2020, 2:26 PM

Re: Love shack?***

Dec 20, 2020, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Love shack?*** ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SOryJvTAGs&ab_channel=RHINO

Hurry up!

Dec 20, 2020, 5:52 PM

And bring your juke box moneyyyy

You're WHAT?

Dec 22, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Love shack?*** ]

Teeeeen WEEKS! I nearly spit my tea through both nostrils the first time I ever really listened to the lyrics in that video. BTW, Cindy Wilson was jiggly in all the right places back then. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're WHAT?

Dec 23, 2020, 2:13 PM

https://youtu.be/PmfnsVCYB_E

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does it matter?

Dec 20, 2020, 5:57 PM

Wishing XT the best with whatever condition or ailment is affecting him. But my take is Justin Foster has outplayed XT for most of his time at Clemson, and I'm hoping both Justin and XT can come back strong in 2021. But I will not be surprised if XT transfers as others have passed him by on depth chart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does it matter?

Dec 21, 2020, 10:01 PM

Kind of getting that feeling myself. He is so talented but with his height I don’t see him doing much as DE in the pros. He a little bit like Beasley but even shorter.

Dec 21, 2020, 11:26 PM

Nah, doesn't matter. It could be indirectly related to covid I guess. Lots of ppl having long term head problems as being dazed and general fatigue... He was just sooo highly rated by everyone in recruiting. Perhaps like feaster, just never could take that next step and his peak was HS? Asking, not saying.

Really thought Foster would have been back for playoffs from all that was said during the year. Guess C-19 really kicked his behind. Definitely missed, both of them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Does it matter? ]

XT was tied for the team lead in sacks entering the game Saturday in limited snaps this year due to health reasons. He had started the last two games so not sure why you think he's been passed on the depth chart.

Dec 21, 2020, 11:40 PM

If my recollection is correct, the depth chart published by Tigernet for the ND game showed XT backing up Murphy.

Dec 22, 2020, 9:21 AM

XT will never Play a Down in the NFL if he Doesnt work on his Attitude and Work ETHIC ! GOD gave him a Special Gift ,SUPERIOR ATHELETE !! He needs to work on his BRAIN , Attitude, and a few other things to succede at the next level ! NFL TEAMS have too much to worry about than to babysit any Player . I have always Loved XT and wanted him to mature while waiting for him to be the player he can be but not sure he will make it . Sorry he had that setback with COVID 19. WISH him the BEST !

Dec 22, 2020, 10:03 AM

So what specific examples do you have of him having a bad attitude and work ethic?

Dec 23, 2020, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Does it matter? ]

Dude I watched this kid through Pee Wee ball until now he def does not have attitude problems. I would think more in line with grades

Dec 22, 2020, 9:41 AM

It seems to me that everybody suspects disciplinary issues, and though I think that might be correct, I have not seen anybody mention it possibly being due to grades. Clemson is not just trying to meet minimum NCAA standards these days. With final grades coming out, my guess is that XT didn't do as well on a final exam or 2, as Dabo thought that he should. The discipline that it takes for these young men is unreal. XT is probably more mature than 90% of today's college students. He just still might be learning to live up to the standard of his coaches and teammates.

Dec 23, 2020, 12:41 PM

According to his Twitter he graduated last week. More likely that he celebrated a bit too much...

Dec 23, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Xavier Thomas — Any word on Not playing? They said on TV yesterday that it WAS NOT Covid Related ]

XT just graduated so it’s not grades .

XT has all the tools to be great but...

Dec 22, 2020, 11:07 AM

....will he ever live up to his potential? He was concussed last year in practice and missed games as a result. Not his fault. This year has been very bad for him as he contracted COVID 19 then strep throat and now he is again missing in action with no explanation. As fans we are on the outside looking in and without more information we are left to guess. Whatever is going on with XT, I wish him the best of outcomes!! GO TIGERS!!

There could be 100 reasons ...may

Dec 23, 2020, 4:40 PM

even be that he was watching the UF-FSU basketball game and wants to make sure that doesn’t happen to him given his prior COVID issues

Replies: 28
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic