Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does everyone realize?..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Does everyone realize?..

Feb 20, 2021, 1:55 PM

That IF DJ Uiagalelei is as good as we have all witnessed, and IF we can get much better on the OL, and IF we can replace #9 running the ball, then we are the best bet to win the national championship in the 2021 season?

We already know the defense will be good enough to win it all.

So yeah, if we can improve on our obvious offensive line issues and improve physicality in the trenches, then we, Clemson University, is the clear favorite to win it all.

Cool thing is - we are capable, and I think we have the pieces.

1. We need to get better by leaps and bounds on the OL, especially on the interior of our OL.

But, We have the "dudes" to do just that. We just need to be sure to improve coaching and play on the OL.

2. We need to replace Travis Etienne. He is a beast who unfortunately unable to display all of skills in 2020, for several reason. That's another post in and of itself.

All the rest is covered, and then some.

Who's with me on this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does everyone realize?..

Feb 20, 2021, 2:36 PM

Am I wrong to have thought we had the best chance to win it all every year for the last five years?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What makes you so sure that the defense will be good enough

Feb 20, 2021, 2:43 PM

to win it all?

It hasn’t been close to good enough the last two years. We have a lot of work to do on that side of the ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 20, 2021, 3:27 PM

Every Clemson fan hopes we win it all, but ifs are too iffy until we prove otherwise. That’s what we pay coaches so much to do, clean up the ifs and solidify the certainty. Believing, however, is where it starts, executing is where it ends and in between is a whole lot of nose to the grindstone. We have the talent, just have to put it all together. That’s what makes it so much fun to watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2021, 3:55 PM

I can see through feathers.

Feb 20, 2021, 5:38 PM

9 was the best all round back we've ever had. Your post reads like he was just some guy. Not very good on your part. Also DJ looked good last year but he inexperienced. So I'm not going to assume he wont have a bit of a learning curve

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Call Coach...

Feb 20, 2021, 6:22 PM

None of us had a clue.

IF. (Note the big IF)

Feb 20, 2021, 7:17 PM

The offensive line can improve dramatically, Ross, or another receiver becomes all world, at least one of the RBs puts up ETN numbers, the linebackers play like they mean business onEVERY snap!, the DBs play better than they have recently and we don’t use the punter much, the TIGERS will be great. Remember where you heard this!!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic