Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does KJ have any chance at ACC POTY?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,097

Does KJ have any chance at ACC POTY?

Feb 25, 2014, 9:22 AM

or will some freshman from Duke/Cuse/UNC get it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Yes, he has a chance

Feb 25, 2014, 9:28 AM

But I think it will go to someone like Parker.

Sad because KJ is the ACC POTY. Think about where we would be without him. If you take Parker away from Duke, they would still be a highly ranked team. Take KJ away from Clemson and we're an ACC bottom feeder this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't named 1st team All ACC***

Feb 25, 2014, 9:29 AM

Re: I wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't named 1st team All ACC***

Feb 25, 2014, 11:01 AM

I won't be shocked either if he's not named 1st team - someone in the ACC office or sports media will see to that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Media from NC will "forget" to write his name in***

Feb 25, 2014, 9:35 AM

Re: Does KJ have any chance at ACC POTY?

Feb 25, 2014, 9:37 AM

Second team All ACC.

ACC POTY probably TJ Warren or J. Parker

Feb 25, 2014, 9:41 AM

But I'm sure if you polled most ACC coaches they'd tell ya KJ is a matchup nightmare and very worthy of 1st team, if not POTY

Don't forget about.....

Feb 25, 2014, 10:52 AM

Joe Harris from UVA, or maybe Brogdon....if UVA ends up number 1, both of those guys certainly have helped carry them, even if they are not big "stat" guys.

And I'd be stunned if there is no UNC player on the first team.

Although KJ is deserving as it is, it may take a huge finish for him and the team to get first team all-acc.

I do think that you could see a situation where voters try to avoid having teammates on the first team, and spread it out a bit....that would give KJ a much better chance.

I think the best scenario is they pick a Syracuse guy (Ennis or Fair), a UVA guy (Harris or Brogdon), a Duke guy (Parker), and then you put T.J. Warren and K.J. McDaniels on there as legit superstars. Then put 2 UNC guys, another Duke and Syracuse guy on the 2nd team with someone else who is good (maybe the guy from Pitt). Then the 3rd team comes in with the best guys of the rest of the teams. But with 15 schools, somebody's going to get left off.

No

Feb 25, 2014, 9:43 AM

He only has a slim chance at 1st team.

1st team likely: Ennis, Fair, Parker, Hood, Warrnen

Parker will win ACC POY over ennis.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's great, but not really POY-level.

Feb 25, 2014, 11:58 AM

Jabari Parker is incredible for a freshman, and TJ Warren is putting up insane numbers too.

I think KJ's numbers are a little stronger than Fair's, but Fair will get the nod because his team is better and he has a knack for making big shots late in games.

Rodney Hood is right there in the mix. Tyler Ennis will get a lot of pub because he's a fantastic pure PG.

Re: Does KJ have any chance at ACC POTY?

Feb 25, 2014, 12:29 PM

If the award was titles MVP instead of POTY, I think he would get more attention. Unfortunately, the POTY will go to Parker. He was anointed before the season even began (he has had a pretty great year to back it up).

Not with CJ Fair, Jabari Parker and

Feb 25, 2014, 2:42 PM

Rodney Hood playing in the same league. It's unfortunate for KJ

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no joke, sucks. he is the best player in the league***

Feb 25, 2014, 3:02 PM

Best Is The Standard

I wouldn't say best, BUT

Feb 25, 2014, 3:08 PM

He is the most valuable to his team by far. He is easily the 3rd or 4th (at worst) player in the ACC. But it's hard to compete with the skillet of CJ Fair, who is a serious Wooden award candidate

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does he wear baby blue?!***

Feb 25, 2014, 3:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,097
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic