Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Dexter Lawrence remind anyone of William Perry?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Does Dexter Lawrence remind anyone of William Perry?

Sep 8, 2016, 10:41 AM

https://twitter.com/woodywhitehurst/status/773854739217932288

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Does Dexter Lawrence remind anyone of William Perry?

Sep 8, 2016, 10:43 AM

Dex reminds me of anyone he tells me I should believe he reminds me of

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chester McGlockton***

Sep 8, 2016, 10:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree!

Sep 8, 2016, 6:44 PM

I was going go there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chester McGlockton***

Sep 8, 2016, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Chester McGlockton*** ]

Chester 100% agree!

Sep 8, 2016, 10:50 AM

¯\_(?)_/¯

No****

Sep 8, 2016, 10:52 AM

Sep 8, 2016, 10:57 AM

He "looked" like Dexter only because everyone on the field was slower then they are now.

Dexter is 342lbs, 18% bodyfat and runs a 4.8 40.

The fastest time William perry ran the 40 yard dash was clocked at 5.63 at 315 lbs.

Let that soak in. Dexter is more human than human.

Sep 8, 2016, 6:24 PM

Perry ran a 4.8 forty his Fr year at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2016, 6:43 PM

And could dunk a basketball. He just didn't turn it "on" all the time. I'm hoping Dex has the effort of Micheal Dean.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2016, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Dexter Lawrence remind anyone of William Perry? ]

Respectfully, it's impossible to compare hand-timed 40 times from 1981 to laser-timed 40 times in 2016. Dexter is also 3" taller, 27lbs heavier, and at least 20% less bodyfat. I am by no means bashing the legend that is William "Refrigerator" Perry, but facts are facts. Two different players in two different eras, each monsters in their own time, but impossible to compare side-by-side.

> Perry ran a 4.8 forty his Fr year at Clemson.

LOL

Sep 8, 2016, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Dexter Lawrence remind anyone of William Perry? ]

Watch the first 30 seconds of this video. Perry was once in a lifetime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yt2yAzjUK8

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL

Sep 8, 2016, 9:51 PM

I don't need to watch highlights of the Fridge to know he's a legend, just saying that comparing the two players / eras is hard to do. It's empirically proven that humans have evolved in every metric.

Take Alabama Crimson tide for instance:

1983 average of offensive linemen:
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 251.4 pounds
Largest on team: Hardy Walker (6'4" 270lbs)
https://alabama.rivals.com/news/gameday-the-evolution-of-the-offensive-lineman

Cam Newton would be an offensive lineman in 1983.

At the 2015 combine, the average offensive lineman was 6'6" 317lbs.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-50s-tim-tebow-would-have-been-an-offensive-lineman-2011-10?op=1/#11-mike-brisiel-g-houston-texans-10

Scientists call it "technophysio evolution", whereby the human race is now growing faster than the pace of natural evolution due to advancements in nutrition and public health. That's why, like I said earlier, it's an impossible task to compare players from different eras, especially 30+ years apart. All due respect.

He can have same impact as Saturday's game showed***

Sep 8, 2016, 11:12 AM

No

Sep 8, 2016, 11:18 AM

Dex is a much different athlete and a MUCH different physique. Also a heck of a lot faster. Evolution is no joke! But still, as impressive as he is, let's let Big Dex, be Dex. He is a freshman, and will still make mistakes, and sooner or later will line up against someone who will be a match for him. This year that is. After that, with a year or two in out S&C, with his frame, he will be almost unstoppable. Possibly the best College DT since Suh, and to me that speaks volumes. Not many DT'S get mentioned in Heisman talks, but Suh did. Game plan changer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perry was not fat as a freshman. 6'2" 300 with catlike

Sep 8, 2016, 3:35 PM

quicks. He ballooned up his Junior/Senior seasons. He was an anomaly in his time, but guys his size are a dime a dozen now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No

Sep 8, 2016, 5:10 PM [ in reply to No ]

Evolution? How does evolution make a guy bigger? Did his parents' genes mutate to make him bigger? Can you explain how he "evolved" rather than simply inherited genes that already existed?

Re: No

Sep 8, 2016, 6:45 PM

It's the hormones in the milk, not genetic mutation. Let's hope the "do-gooders" don't outlaw it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2016, 11:28 AM

Only by his crazy athleticism for being a giant of a man child but, Perry may have been smaller I mean.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO.***

Sep 8, 2016, 3:48 PM

Perry had the biggest thighs of any player I have ever seen.***

Sep 8, 2016, 3:49 PM

He and Michael Dean in a booth at Arri's...Sight to behold.

Sep 8, 2016, 6:58 PM

They let Freddie have the other side... ;~)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO.***

Sep 8, 2016, 3:48 PM

Awesome video! He did the same thing to Herschel Walker

Sep 8, 2016, 4:55 PM

Here's my opinion: We've had some awesome athletes over the years. Banks McFadden (the orginal #66) is the greatest we ever had. He played football,basketball, & track. Mike Eppley played football and basketball for us. CJ Spiller, Jacoby Ford, & James Trapp played football and ran track. If I remember right, I believe James Trapp might have even been in the Olympics. Woody Dantzler was a human video game. Nuk Hopkins played basketball too but not too long because he wasn't getting much time on the court and decided to focus on football only which worked out great for him, but still takes tons of athletic ability to even be on a college basketball team plus football. William Perry weighed over 360 lbs that we know of and many reports have said he got a lot heavier than that but they kept it quiet because they could do things like that in the 80's. He could dunk a 10 ft basketball goal standing flat footed not to mention running down the great Herschel Walker from behind while he is passing the secondary. I have yet to see or even hear of another 360-380+ man come close to that. Hearing these things about Dexter Lawrence makes me think of William Perry every time I hear his name and honestly I get excited thinking about seeing & hearing some of these same things. Can't wait to see what he does!

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Big Bennie Cunningham could flatfooted dunk a

Sep 8, 2016, 6:24 PM

basketball, too. Posterized me and several others in pickup games in Fike back in the day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess you can only compare a player to his peers and

Sep 8, 2016, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Awesome video! He did the same thing to Herschel Walker ]

Banks McFadden was a hell of an athlete in that regard, but he also played in an era where African Americans were practically barred from participating. I'm not entirely sure what that means, but the pool of athletes is much deeper now.

William Perry was a 300 pounder when

Sep 8, 2016, 5:09 PM

players did not weigh 300 pounds. At 6'2", he could dunk a football over the cross bar on the goal post. He was viewed at the time the same way people are talking about Dexter now. Not saying he was better; it was a different era.

Sep 8, 2016, 6:28 PM

Need Dex to do some box jumps for further analysis.

Sep 9, 2016, 12:02 AM

To me he is Chester McGlockton through and through.

Chester McGlockton vs those Tar Holes was a sight to see.

Man he hated Baby Blue!

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic