Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think Michigan is setting a new trend instead of pulling a coot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,529

Do you think Michigan is setting a new trend instead of pulling a coot

Jan 9, 2021, 1:29 PM

bonehead move by firing a HC you still owe $15.5 million dollars because you forgot to get Muschump’s signature which should cost somebody their job. SC keeps Muschump at least until his buyout became more manageable. WM is still being paid by Fla. Bert Belima, Chad Morris and others have nice pay checks coming for doing nothing for that school. Texas is on the hook for $24 million for Tom Herman and his staff. See attached article.

Should schools be accountable to someone before firing a HC with a huge buy out? A third party unattached to the school.

If I were Muschump I would sit back and see he wants me as a DC.

Michigan renegotiated JH’s contract cut his guaranteed pay by almost 50 % reduced his buyout, added incentives. Make the HC and his staff earn the money. I think they were smart making this move. It has been 20 years or more since Michigan was relevant in college football. Same goes for ND.

Do you think the move by Michigan will set a new trend in AD and college coaches salaries, buyouts, perks etc...??? IMO Texas made a mistake by firing Tom Herman. I don’t see Steve Sarkisian being anymore successful just because he was cut from the Saban tree.

See article below. It’s mind blowing how much unemployed HC’s are making from their former employer’s. Where does this money come from? Does it affect academics or cause a rise in student tuition?? Makes some wonder where this money has to come from.

Should HC’s be given more time to turn a program around?? Should it be mandatory to give a HC at least 5 years?? What do you think??

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2021/1/4/22213145/texas-longhorns-tom-herman-buyout-steve-sarkasian-byu-football-usc-trojans

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In this world today

Jan 9, 2021, 1:36 PM

It’s what have you done for me today. No loyalty anywhere, but that’s what we get for the immediate satisfaction generation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In this world today

Jan 9, 2021, 2:04 PM

Do you think Covid and the financial strain it has placed on college’s and universities will bring about a change similar to the decision made by Michigan. I think in a normal year Harbaugh gets fired but things are changing which will have a financial impact to some schools longer than others.

Will the transfer portal bring back unethical recruiting. Come to my school and a new car mysteriously shows up at the kids home. Another example was in the 70’s with Marcus Camby. Oklahoma bought his mother a new double wide home to get him to return to school. Will the money flow like a water fountain or will their be some HC’s who move up to the NFL or get out of coaching all together.??

I don’t know what the impact will be. But others who are more familiar with college sports may have an very accurate opinion??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting post

Jan 9, 2021, 1:51 PM

Agree with you Michigan made a good business decision - Harbaugh Has been disappointing for Big Blue so far but checks the “satisfactory” box. So Michigan made a wise offer with incentive laden opportunities. I was surprised and impressed that Harbaugh signed it. Possibly a win-win.

Re: Interesting post

Jan 9, 2021, 2:27 PM

It’s a wonderful win for both parties. While st Michigan Harbaugh has yet to WOW anyone but they are usually a decent program. He’s delivering a baseline of 8 wins a year, three times they’ve won 10 I believe. Could be wrong. At the current market, those win totals only deserve $4M/year. He’s no Dabo or Saban.

Re: Do you think Michigan is setting a new trend instead of pulling a coot

Jan 9, 2021, 2:24 PM

Every profession should be pay for performance. Take Teaching, this would get rid of the under performers.

I agree. But in this modern world where everybody gets a

Jan 9, 2021, 7:10 PM

trophy just for showing up, it would never happen.

Teacher's Union lobby is strong w/ the DNC & hypocritical****

Jan 9, 2021, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Michigan is setting a new trend instead of pulling a coot ]

Re: Do you think Michigan is setting a new trend instead of pulling a coot

Jan 9, 2021, 6:19 PM

Who/what funds the other men & women's sports (excluding men's basketball) that do not generate revenue?

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,529
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic