Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do we still bring the goalposts down after every win???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,661

Do we still bring the goalposts down after every win???

Sep 27, 2019, 7:07 PM

I know tearing down goalposts seems to be a thing of the past but I remember for the longest they’d bring ours down and police would surround them. I don’t recall seeing it on tv or after a game when I went on the field recently. Anyways GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do we still bring the goalposts down after every win???

Sep 27, 2019, 7:15 PM

They are automatically lowered at the end of the game.

Sep 27, 2019, 7:59 PM

I know they’re automatically lowered but do they STILL lower them after every game. For some reason I don’t recall seeing them lowered as of lately I guess. I could be mistaken

Sep 27, 2019, 7:18 PM

I am trying to remember when it happened (looooong time ago) that we tore them down, grabbed the side posts and marched down College Ave. with them... Bet a Tim B. type remembers...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 8:05 PM

MD, FSU ('03), USuCk ('02), and one other game I can't recall, all 90's into 2000's. Maybe some others... https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/When-was-the-first-time-a-field-goal-post-was-torn-down-at-870734

And for the original question, no, the goalposts do NOT come down after every game, sometimes they just leave them up, but they're always guarded by various police types.

Sep 27, 2019, 8:29 PM

It was the coot game that was the last time. The cops tried to stop it instead of just letting it go and that's what caused people to get injured.

Sep 27, 2019, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Do we still bring the goalposts down after every win??? ]

USUC 1998. We had to be the first 3-8 team to have the goal posts torn down.

Sep 27, 2019, 9:07 PM

I may recall a post ending up in the reflection pond... maybe.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 9:47 PM

A 2' section of goal post from the 1983 Maryland game possibly found new life as a lamp...

Sep 27, 2019, 7:36 PM

I think that you are talking about that other team, the one in cootlumbia!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 7:58 PM

If they do it’s after everyone has cleared the field. Seems like it was last year or the year before they stopped doing while everyone was on the field after games. They would literally lower the posts about 2-3 minutes after everyone got on the field and then they would raise them back up once they made everyone leave. Always seemed like an unnecessary danger to lower them because in all my years of going down on the field with my son did I ever witness anyone trying to climb the goalposts.

Sep 27, 2019, 9:40 PM

Not done it in at least a couple years. Perhaps if CUAD thought the goalpost might be in jeopardy (after a big game or something) they might go through the trouble of lowering them though. Generally they just position some cops around the base.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,661
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic