Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do You Know a WW2 Veteran in Pickens County?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,359

Do You Know a WW2 Veteran in Pickens County?

Jan 18, 2021, 10:21 AM

The Fort Prince George chapter in Easley of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) are honoring all WW2 veterans in Pickens County with a certificate of appreciation. There was an article in the Seneca Journal in Saturday's edition that included photos of eight WW2 veterans.

And now, the story. Yesterday afternoon I drove over to the Central Post Office to place some letters in the drive through drop box. I was having trouble reaching over to place the letters in the slot. A strong breeze blew one of the letters out of my hand. In the meantime another vehicle had pulled up behind me. Before I could get out of my car to retrieve the letter, a lady in the other car came up and picked up my letter. She asked if I was a WW2 veteran and I said "yes". On the rear bumper of my car is a "WW2- I SERVED" decal and she had noticed this. She happened to be a member of the DAR chapter that is honoring the WW2 veterans.

She asked if one of their members could come to my home for an interview and again I said yes. Last night I had a call from the President of the chapter who will be coming over on Saturday for an interview. She also asked if I knew of other WW2 veterans.

Now, this is how you can help me. If you know of a WW2 veteran living in Pickens County, PM me with the veteran's name, address and phone number. I will pass this info along to the lady on Saturday when she comes for an interview.

Thanks a million for your help.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do You Know a WW2 Veteran in Pickens County?

Jan 18, 2021, 11:29 AM

Joe, Thanks a million for you and your generation. God Bless.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do You Know a WW2 Veteran in Pickens County?

Jan 18, 2021, 11:51 AM

My dad was but he passed years ago. My mom's first job out of business school was working at Oak Ridge during the war. SHe was in the office not actually in the assembly process but there are some interesting stories from those days

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,359
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic