Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did these boycotts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,739

Did these boycotts

Aug 29, 2020, 8:22 AM

End police brutality and racism? Imagine if these players had tried to boycott right before a game with fans actually in the stadiums. Don't think they would have just left and said, well let us know when your ready for us to come back and play. Boycotting isn't solving anything but further alienating there can bases. I hope I don't see this when college football starts back up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did these boycotts

Aug 29, 2020, 8:26 AM

Fan bases, fan bases!!!

Aug 29, 2020, 8:51 AM

These boycotts #### me off !

Aug 29, 2020, 8:51 AM

#### !!!

At this point I could not care less what any pro sport does.

Aug 29, 2020, 9:32 AM

I'm done with them all so if the pro leagues/players would rather be social justice warriors than athletes and refuse to play - I don't care because I won't be watching or keeping up with it anyway.

The past six months of "no sports" has really shown me that I don't really miss pro sports and have found plenty other things to occupy my time. All this political crap just makes it that much easier to say goodbye to these spoiled ignorant athletes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2020, 9:35 AM

I wouldn’t mind seeing it in the college game. When people have a platform, its empowering to use it for positive change. I pray hard on it every night that this country changes for the better.

Aug 29, 2020, 9:42 AM

They’ve seemingly destroyed pro sports and need a new host. Kinda like a virus.

Seriously???

Aug 29, 2020, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Did these boycotts ]

You want to see the college athletes act like these spoiled, overpaid pros are acting.

Kneeling, protesting, boycotting???

It’s OK to do all that on their personal time, not on the team’s time, in my opinion.

Re: Seriously???

Aug 30, 2020, 2:05 AM

I disagree that anyone is spoiled, and typically the market sets the salary. Kneeling, protesting and boycotting when they have a such a platform is the point

Well, if the tumbling NBA ratings mean anything, that will

Aug 30, 2020, 7:31 AM

be an empty platform soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2020, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Did these boycotts ]

Majority of the fans would never go to another game and just quit spending money.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't be so cynical.

Aug 29, 2020, 10:06 AM

I'm sure the owners all got together and called up every career criminal in America and told them to stop resisting arrest while carrying weapons so they wouldn't be shot by the police.

Probably won't ever happen again.

Just be a little more optimistic.

The Boston Tea Party was 10 years before the end of the

Aug 29, 2020, 10:58 AM

Revolutionary War. Things take time.

Re: The Boston Tea Party was 10 years before the end of the

Aug 29, 2020, 11:28 AM

Great analogy? I may be proven wrong when all the facts are in, but before we place Jacob Blake into a future pantheon of heroes perhaps we ought to deal with the present. If the goal is to be able to resist the police, continue to not comply with instructions and reach into your vehicle for God knows what, whether in the floorboard, console, glove box, etc, we will be talking a lot more about people shot by the police. It's fine to have a full discussion about race. It's also imperative that people learn that it is incredibly stupid to not comply with the cops. It again is even more stupid if the narrative is true that white cops are just looking for an excuse to kill a black man. Let's have a full discussion on race. Let's consider this event in Kenosha once we have all the facts, but in the meantime and actually forever, when confronted by a cop, do what the they tell you to do. It works out best for everyone.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Boston Tea Party was 10 years before the end of the

Aug 30, 2020, 8:01 AM

Rons1.....way too much common sense in your post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Umm... you are talking about it. It worked. Look at number of posts on tigernet

Aug 29, 2020, 11:38 AM

And if an outlet with as many conservatives as tigernet are up in arms and disappointed by it how many are being activated to think about it and y’all about it when it is time to vote for local and national leaders.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2020, 12:09 PM

If my child were a recruit and I visited this board, I'd have serious reservations about Clemson. It's out of control on here.

Oh Good Lord***

Aug 29, 2020, 2:15 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Did these boycotts ]

Aug 30, 2020, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Did these boycotts ]

Go read any Schools board, it’s no different

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2020, 2:17 PM

OMG it is like there are other people with different opinions - we must avoid them at all costs.

You just have people exercising their constitutional rights.... and folks lose their mind if it isn't about *THEIR* cause. sigh.

I mean the University South Carolina & remedial daycare exists and coots buy their brand... and then switch sometime in Oct after their team starts 2-4. Still does not me I have to cheer for them but they have the right to get loaded up and hurl expletives at Vanderbilt.

If a student wishes to protest - especially a Clemson student - whatever cause they want, I support them I might not agree or even support their cause, but I support their ability and god-given right to protest anything they wish. That is the part of being an adult in america.

Aug 29, 2020, 4:51 PM

I couldn't agree with you more. Everyone should be able to voice their opinions. I certainly support the Clemson players and students who have come out in support of Jacob Blake. However, how well received do you think a player or group of students even at a fairly conservative school like Clemson, would be if they were to state that while it is true that a black man was shot in the back 7 times by a white police officer in full view of his children, that there possibly might have been extenuating circumstances that led to this shooting? What if they said, perhaps this incident while unfortunate, might not have been a racially motivated shooting? I suspect that these students and players would not be treated well. Do you feel that a player or student should be able to express that opinion? I personally am good with both opinions. We do not have all the facts. We do not know the heart of the police officer. We need to let the facts come out before either canonizing Jacob Blake or crucifying the cop.Certainly, the last few seconds of the video if taken in a vacuum appear terrible. However, before everyone rushes to judgment, follow me for just a bit. Let's forget that Blake had a significant record. Let's forget that he apparently struggled with the officers and was unsuccessfully Tasered. Fast forward to where Blake opens the driver's side door and is reaching for what? If you're a cop you don't get a do over, nor are you equipped as a mind reader. Let's say the cops waited for Blake to turn around facing them with potentially either a gun or knife.Do you not think they would be in mortal danger? If not, have 2 buddies equipped with paint guns. Have them just behind you while you reach in your vehicle and grab either another paintball gun or play knife. Have them wait to react until you turn around with your weapon. I'd be willing to bet that while you might be wearing paint, so would your buddies or you would have had a chance to plant your fake knife. Yes sir, opinions are fine. All opinions. I just hate to see an immediate rush to judgement. It may be proven that this cop was the biggest racist in Kenosha and had written of his dreams to shoot a black man. It may be that he was scared as hell and wanted to simply go home alive that day. No, I don't have any issue with what the players, students or Dabo is saying. I just think it is way too early to label this as another brutal racist attack by the police on a black man. Let things play out.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 8:02 AM

NM. TNet not cooperating!

Message was edited by: djones73®

Message was edited by: djones73®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,739
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic