Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did the SEC football schedule prepare UGA/Bama for LSU?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,575

Did the SEC football schedule prepare UGA/Bama for LSU?

Jan 23, 2020, 7:47 AM

Sure doesn't seem like it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did the SEC football schedule prepare UGA/Bama for LSU?

Jan 23, 2020, 7:51 AM

Well, they were just too tired and beat up because of all the tough, really, really, really tough schedule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2020, 8:04 AM

Nope. LSU was just better than Georgia, Alabama, and Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2020, 8:35 AM

And they all beat the coots/u of Sc let’s you know where the gamecocks stand!

Oh wait—— except the doggies

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Actually AFDawg, I think Bama was as good as LSU

Jan 23, 2020, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Did the SEC football schedule prepare UGA/Bama for LSU? ]

They played LSU close - even with a couple missed scoring opportunities (Tua drops the ball at LSU 5 yd line and Jeudy drops a pass that hit him in the hands at the LSU goal line).

This they did while missing players due to injury.

Georgia however - while missing players due to injury/otherwise, was never in the game against LSU.

I don’t think I will debate whether the Tigers were as good as LSU. I think the loss says sll that needs to be said; anything else is academic or opinion. And, the (our) Tigers would have needed their best performance to win. Possibly, a bad game by LSU could have helped, too. However, LSU executed and connected on some critical plays (much like TL and ETN did against 0-4io State) and we didn’t.

Lastly, LSU beat us because their greatest weapon - Burrow and his ability to be protected in the pocket and get his passes off - was PRECISELY the greatest weakness on this year’s Tiger team: our inability to mount an effective pass rush.

Lawd HOW I would have loved to see CW42, Ferrell, Big Dex and Austin Bryant in the game against Burrow! If wishes and buts were candy and nuts, eh?

OBTW: Big Dex didn’t even play when we beat Bama last year, did he? Sigh...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Actually AFDawg, I think Bama was as good as LSU

Jan 23, 2020, 8:40 AM

I’m with Uncle Bill - nice poast!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jan 23, 2020, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Actually AFDawg, I think Bama was as good as LSU ]

Sure Bama played LSU close. They also played Auburn close. They lost both games. I'll agree that a play here or there may have made a difference. But that's true of every close game. People are free to think Bama was a good as LSU. I'm just not one of them. I agree that arguing UGA or Clemson was as good as LSU is pointless. Georgia lost to LSU by 20. Clemson lost by 17 (with LSU running out the clock inside the Clemson 10).

Jan 23, 2020, 9:31 AM

The final scores are comparable but LSU stopped trying against UGA for the whole second half.

LSU stopped trying against Clemson in the last few minutes.

Final score is similar, but the competitiveness of the games was not.

The biggest similarity is that each team's offense (UGA and Clemson) let down a defense that held LSU down early.

If UGA or Clemson capitalize on some early offensive chances then the second halves of the games are likely a lot more competitive.

Jan 23, 2020, 9:51 AM

My only point is LSU was better than Clemson and UGA. If you want to believe Clemson was more competitive against LSU than UGA, have at it. Once LSU took the lead - and despite Clemson's early 2nd half stop and score - the outcome was never in doubt. Statistically, UGA played a much closer game. As for the score, which I understand is all that matters, Clemson lost by 17 (UGA, 20) but that's only because Coach O called off the dogs.

Jan 23, 2020, 9:57 AM

My point on the more competitive part was that Clemson kept the score within reach much deeper into the game that UGA did.

My point on the missed oppotunities is that UGA dropped several passes early in the game that would have been huge plays and possible TDs.

Clemson got inside LSU's 40 once and inside the 30 once on their first two drives of the game and came away with no points. Then Clemson still took a 7-0 lead and was later leading 17-7 in the first half before the defense started to lose the battle with LSU's offense.

If the points were converted early in the game for Clemson or UGA, then the remainder of the two games likely plays out much different.

UGA with 14 first quarter points or Clemson with a 24-7 or 27-7 start would have been much different. Neither offense made those things happen and the results are as they say history.

Why are you arguing with him? They lost to the coots and

Jan 23, 2020, 12:14 PM

haven't won anything of significance since 1980. Anyone who watched both games and understands anything about football knows that Clemson was more competitive against LSU. The difference was our offense had an off night and their offense played like it did all year. You can't expect a UGA fan to understand football, especially playoff football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Why are you arguing with him? They lost to the coots and

Jan 23, 2020, 12:30 PM

Whatever miniscule credibility you had vanished the minute you suggested Clemson, who gave up over 400 passing yards and 600 total yards, lost because their offense "had an off night." Why not just blame the refs.

^^^Says the moron who keeps telling us UGA lost by 20

Jan 23, 2020, 1:07 PM

when the final score was 37-10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: ^^^Says the moron who keeps telling us UGA lost by 20

Jan 23, 2020, 1:13 PM

Wait 37 minus 10 isn’t 20???

His UGA remedial math skills are showing***

Jan 23, 2020, 1:15 PM

Re: His UGA remedial math skills are showing***

Jan 23, 2020, 1:24 PM

don't be dim sir ...everyone knows that no loudmouth UGA fan ever graduated from college...coming out of the trailer park 7 times a year for the gathering of necks takes everything they have.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2020, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Did the SEC football schedule prepare UGA/Bama for LSU? ]

Grow up little fellow. Maybe then you will be able to contribute something worthwhile to someone, somewhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting beat just means more***

Jan 23, 2020, 7:58 AM

WHY WASN'T LSU TIRED THIS YEAR?

Jan 23, 2020, 9:18 AM

They played a much tougher schedule than 2018 Bama. But Bama was just SO TIRED from the GRRRIINND of the SEC.

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,575
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic