Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dictator Joe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Dictator Joe

Jan 26, 2021, 2:09 PM

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1354035368211984390?s=20

his admin running towards 50EO' in a week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Already playing the race card in week one too

Jan 26, 2021, 2:24 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Already playing the race card in week one too

Jan 26, 2021, 3:23 PM

What size home is everyone entitled to? How many bathrooms? Same has to be true for autos. No one should have to ride a bus certainly. If government is going to make home ownership a right, everyone better open their wallet.

I certainly never felt I was owed a home, car, education, etc. I paid for virtually all of these things, not my dad and certainly not Uncle Sam(other Americans). I am not encouraged by the rush to "unite" America.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 5:08 PM

ron,

I don't think Joe was talking about GIVING everyone a home, but in the most productive country on the planet, it seems to me that the economic system should be structured such that every one of the hard-working Americans in it should be able to afford a home.

That’s not how markets and free enterprise work.

Jan 26, 2021, 5:55 PM

If I specialized in building homes that people with $12 in savings and 350 credit scores could “afford”, I would also be living in similar accommodations. That’s why apartments and the concept of rent was invented, and availing oneself of it is not exactly a shameful human rights abuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That’s not how markets and free enterprise work.

Jan 26, 2021, 7:59 PM

o,

We do not have a free enterprise system in this country and you know it.

It's structured exactly like that. We've been through this,

Jan 26, 2021, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Already playing the race card in week one too ]

complete with links, but your ideological bias overrides it and you just forget it. In the US, if a person hold these three demographic characteristics, they have a greater than 90% chance of being in the middle class:

- High school degree
- A full time job
- Wait until 21 to get married or have children.

What no economy is "structured" (whatever that means) to do is for people who can't take care of themselves to buy houses. The left looks at those people and blames everyone except those people. It doesn't work that way, tobias.

If you want to identify why we have a permanent underclass that can't hold those three characteristics, and figure out how to fix it, that would be a very worthwhile and productive pursuit. But blaming other people hasn't helped those people, isn't helping those people, and will never help those people.

In a week you'll forget you ever saw this. It doesn't fit your ideology.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's structured exactly like that. We've been through this,

Jan 26, 2021, 8:14 PM

I remember well, your point.

But here is my problem. From a macro perspective, there is NO WAY that this is a fair reward system for the contributions that working Americans make to our productive economy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM&t=141s&ab_channel=politizane

I have attached a couple of charts that show that, since the 1950s, the oligarchy in this country has continued to slant the playing field in their favor.

I am not looking to give away anything. I am looking for working class people to get a more equitable share of the rewards for their labors.

I worded that too strongly. I apologize. The explanation,

Jan 26, 2021, 9:00 PM

not mitigating the apology at all, is that one shouldn't switch between social media sites. Quora is conducted at another, lower, level of civility. It's not reddit, but its up there.

As to you, I always enjoy your posts. Thank you for replying.

But I will say that this was the fastest change of subjects I've ever seen. I'd point you just for that. :) The subject was home ownership, and whether the economy makes that affordable to anyone. It surely does.

Wealth inequity is a relative measure, not absolute. Wealth equity can diverge while some measure middle class attainment rises. A tide raising all boats can raise some more that others.

Wealth inequity is a good thing. The only question is how much. Once one agrees that a surgeon should make more money than a mechanic, each using similar tools to accomplish somewhat the same thing, he's okay with wealth inequity. Wealth inequity makes doctors possible. The question is whether we have too much of it. That would take reams of data just to provide enough info to talk about.

One thing we seem to agree on is that we are moving to an oligarchy economy. Major industries are already there. That certainly does lead to fewer people having more money, but the non competitive, semi monopolistic aspects of this bother me more than wealth inequity. But yes, if that continues we won't have a middle class. When a politician of either party bangs his shoe about "wealth inequity!", remember that that same congressman has approved a bevy of mergers, the expected response to a sea of contributed dollars. On one hand he/she approves mergers to get dollars, and on the other rails against a concept to get votes. It's nasty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Already playing the race card in week one too ]

T3,

Why, thank-you. Yes, I am.

Re: Dictator Joe

Jan 26, 2021, 3:29 PM

Joe Biden has officially made DJT look like a mfkn genius.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notice that not one of the typical

Jan 26, 2021, 4:24 PM

Liberal posters want to even engage this post.

Now someone will caused I call them out and if they do, watch the spin and the distraction.

popcorn.gif

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Dictator Joe ]

to you

Jan 26, 2021, 5:11 PM

You and Muria are so smart. I just wanted to tell you that. I assume you are related. Can you confirm?

Jan 26, 2021, 6:45 PM

Oh my! Did he try to overturn a legitimate election again?

That's President Dictator Joe to you, sir.

Jan 26, 2021, 8:41 PM

Get with the times.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic