Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Derp, Brownell still sucks... blah blah blah
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Derp, Brownell still sucks... blah blah blah

Feb 16, 2020, 8:10 AM

How pathetic are your lives that after we beat a top 5 team, you have to come on here and talk #### about Brad Brownell?

The same stupid talking points. We are so inconsistent, waaahhhh!

You know what’s consistent? Our defense. our players play extremely yard, enjoy playing basketball, and most of all seem to enjoy playing for Brownell.

The reason we are not consistent shooting the ball is because our players simply are not consistent shooters right now. This is not because Brownell sucks at coaching. All he can do is get our team open shots and that’s what he is doing. Could he be better at recruiting, sure.

Let’s take Tevin Mack for example... dude has an enormously High ceiling, he is just inconsistent and he has been his entire college career.

Did you know that out of his 4 years playing college basketball, he is averaging the second most points per game, best ft%, most assist per game, most rebounds per game, most steals per game, most blocks per game, second highest fg%, and least amount of turnovers per game?

Is that due to good coaching or not?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Derp, Brownell still sucks... blah blah blah

Feb 16, 2020, 8:22 AM

I agree. And usually they act like Brad was given a Ferrari of a program and ran it into a ditch. Hoops has always been an uphill climb at clemson and its due in part to people like this their prissy, entitled, unrealistic attitudes. We are much better off without these bozos.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2020, 1:05 PM

Ha! Yeah, right now Brownell has a the 1989 Corolla hatchback doing 11s. Not going to win the pro-stock but hey, can catch 'em sleeping at the light.

the Judges look very happy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2020, 12:02 PM

FutureDoc said:

Ha! Yeah, right now Brownell has a the 1989 Corolla hatchback doing 11s. Not going to win the pro-stock but hey, can catch 'em sleeping at the light.

the Judges look very happy
<>

Your comparison is misleading.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 8:25 AM

There is one other thing that is pretty consistent on tnet. The constant &itching about the team and coaches... but they are FANS so they have every right to show their stupidity. There are many on tnet who hope the Tigers will play poorly and lose so they can have the pleasure of saying”I told you so”. What a childhood some must have lived!

It’s funny how those who claim to be the most objective and rational

Feb 16, 2020, 8:34 AM

are often the ones who are unable to acknowledge the good along with the bad. They spot negatives with pinpoint accuracy, even creating some negatives that aren’t there, but when it comes to recognizing what we do well they can’t.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It's not that they don't like Brad, buuuuuuut....***

Feb 17, 2020, 11:52 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 8:40 AM

You are right judge. There is a name for that but I’m to nice a guy to call a real Tiger fan a ————

We're a game over 0.500?***

Feb 16, 2020, 1:11 PM

Re: We're a game over 0.500?***

Feb 16, 2020, 1:20 PM

After beating number 5, true statement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The UNC, Duke and Louisville wins were incredible.

Feb 17, 2020, 9:38 AM

But the season is longer than one or even three games. In the same breath you have to ask why we lost to VT, Minnesota, Yale, Miami and Wake, to go along with our seven other losses to decent teams?

I don't get on here and bash Brownell after every loss. Check my history. But in ten years, he has a losing record in the conference and has only been to the dance twice, once with a lightning-caught-in-a-bottle team led by transfers. The following year we fell from 3rd to 8th in the conference, and we're 7th this year with a losing conference record despite three HUGE wins. It's almost like success due to transfers is unsustainable.

Celebrate the wins, and I agree the haters need to calm down. Just acknowledge that they've got some good ground to stand on, yeah? Brownell needs a little more than some ranked wins to go into the Hall of Fame.

Re: The UNC, Duke and Louisville wins were incredible.

Feb 17, 2020, 10:58 AM

So at a minimum, we should be 17-8?

Well to start we returned 21 points per game from the year prior, with our highest leading scorer (aamir simms) only averaging 8 per game. At the beginning of the season, we had 4 contributors out due to injury which included our second highest PPG returner.

That's a pretty tough start to the season. I believe we would win against VT, Minnesota, Yale and Miami if it weren't for injuries.

Since you believe that you should never lose to an underdog, why did Duke lose to us? Why did Louisville lose to us? Why did Louisville lose to GT? Why do any teams get upset?

Guess what? when you are in the middle of the pack in the ACC you lose to teams that are worse than you and you win against teams that are better than you. Sorry this is such a foreign concept to you.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to The UNC, Duke and Louisville wins were incredible. ]

The “good ground to stand on” is the ten years of Brownell, according to all objective sources.

But let’s ask the question: why does Dabo get all p#&$y whenever fans imply that our football team might not be as good as previous years? Because, as he is famous for saying, “This is a different team.”

You can’t hold this team to a standard last year’s team established.

So it is with our basketball team.

Fans who try to hold this basketball team accountable for Brownell’s last ten years are unrealistic, bad fans.

And what’s worse, many don’t even pay attention to what this team is doing well because all they want to talk about is Brownell.

Feb 18, 2020, 9:30 AM

Lol if the world really believed the "this is a different team" thing then no coach would ever be fired, right? Why did MSST and BC fire Moorhead and Addazio if the next year is "a different team"? I'm not holding this year's team accountable for the past, only using the past to explain why this year's team again has a losing conference record with what, five games left? Because it's Brownell's track record. There are reasons why, particularly because he can't recruit. Some people are saying we're doing better than we were projected to do, but they apparently don't care about WHY we were projected so low.

I'm well aware of what this team is doing well. Brad's one of the top defense guys in the country and it lets us beat teams we shouldn't. I'm just also well aware of the inexplicable losses. A lot of them. What I want from people is just to look at things from a bigger picture. Beating Louisville was awesome and I celebrated and enjoyed it. But it does not make me forget about the losses. I guess it does for some folks; more power to them.

One thing I don't understand, and it involves holding football and basketball to different standards: Brownell's career has been very much like Tommy Bowden's, and Bowden doesn't have a lot of defenders. He'd beat a good team every once in a while and then lose to Wake, and Clemson fans couldn't stand him for it. Why is Brownell different? Am I not allowed to hope for a better future for our basketball team? Brownell has had a DECADE to advance the program and he AT BEST has kept it exactly where it was. Replacing Tommy catapulted football into the nation's elite and we contend for a title every year. It took us several years to get there but it started with Dabo taking over. The school and fanbase got tired of being stuck in neutral and made a change that's resulted in two titles. Why couldn't another sport do that? Change certainly won't guarantee success but we're not getting more than what we have without it. We've seen the best Brownell has to offer. Sporadic success that is never followed up upon the next year. Are you ok with that?

Feb 17, 2020, 12:13 PM

I see the same td turd birds are out today. Give it a break, enjoy the win and get ready for the next game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2020, 11:22 AM

To me it’s not the wins, but the how we lose. Throwing a three yard pass when you need seven yards or passing up good looks to run the clock down for a turn over or a really bad shot. Standing around hoping to get open. No cuts or screens, just standing there. Hands by your sides on defense, instead of arms in the air. Never going for rebounds, just throw it up and head back for defense. Simple fundamentals and coaching, IMO.

You don't beat 2 top 5 teams and UNC on the road

Feb 18, 2020, 11:25 AM

with poor fundamentals. A lot of the responsibility for the losses is on the players for simply not playing well. But it's not that they aren't taught. And not having Simms for the ND game was easily worth more than 4 pts and would have been a win.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic