Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IPTAY level for lower deck
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

IPTAY level for lower deck

Dec 23, 2020, 11:26 AM

8 year IPTAY donor with a question about lower deck tickets. I'm currently in TDO and have been for the last 5 years since I graduated. I've donated at the Champion Level the past few years, and the Tiger Level once when I was apart of the IPTAY YA program.

I'm about to receive my 2nd degree from Clemson in August 2021. At that time I'll be able to get back in to the IPTAY YA program and receive a $1500 discount on the Howard Level and above, plus a 90% discount on Tiger and below.

I've got about 135 priority points right now. If I donated at the McFadden level this year, would that get be lowers? I've heard it takes a Heisman level donation to get to the lower bowl now. Can anyone confirm? Calling IPTAY will not be of any help here because they are extremely vague and don't give you a short answer. So I'm looking for someone who can share their experience of how they jumped from the Upper Deck to the Lower Deck in the past few years.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IPTAY level for lower deck

Dec 23, 2020, 11:35 AM

IPTAY is the king of extremely vague and cryptic answers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 1:05 PM

I agree.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 11:38 AM

I would recommend that you do not jump from the upper deck to the lower deck.

Kidding aside, lower deck tickets have been very “sticky” the last few years. If people do not renew their lower deck tickets, then it goes to request by donor level first then priority points within that level. It would not surprise me if it was Heisman and Riggs donors were the only ones eligible for tickets in the lower decks.

Your 135 priority points would put you in the lower tier of McFadden level donors if you made the move. That being said, give what you can. IPTAY is a great cause and a great way to give back to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 6:39 AM

135 points is not what it used to be since iptay gave out 100 points to all donors that let iptay keep their donation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep in mind ALL of the criteria for seating priority

Dec 23, 2020, 11:43 AM

1 - The amount you contribute each year

2 - The amount of your cumulative contribution

3 - Consecutive years of giving.

Everyone who contributes at the same level as you (and above) and who have been doing so for longer, are going to have a higher priority than you.

It may also depend on how many lower deck seats you're trying to get. You're more likely to get two together than four or six together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Keep in mind ALL of the criteria for seating priority

Dec 23, 2020, 11:44 AM

I'm only looking for two.

Message was edited by: E36Tiger®

Demand is also at an all-time high...

Dec 23, 2020, 12:04 PM

so there are more people wanting tickets than there are seats available, and the people who have them aren't letting them go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Demand is also at an all-time high...

Dec 23, 2020, 12:22 PM

I could see demand dropping off some due to COVID this year, so this may be the year I need to take the plunge on a big donation.

Just keep in mind...

Dec 23, 2020, 12:37 PM

the people who opted out of buying season tickets for the 2020 season will not be penalized and will retain their ticket priority for 2021.

Re: Just keep in mind...

Dec 23, 2020, 12:52 PM

A lot of IPTAY donors sell their tickets to non donors. This is where I predict demand to fall off. I don't expect all of the non-donors to ask their IPTAY donors to purchase tickets for them this year.

Message was edited by: E36Tiger®

Dec 23, 2020, 11:43 AM

I give at level above McFadden, but I think when I got two extra lowers people at the McFadden level got them. So it has to be around that level to get them.

Dec 23, 2020, 11:48 AM

You may get lower deck seats on the sidelines in or very close to the end zones or in the end zone at the McFadden level. You are more likely to get similar seats at the Fike level, and may get around the 10-20 yard lines at the Heisman level. You are unlikely to get lower deck at Jervey or below. These are based on my experience the past few years, but it’s always possible that if more donors drop seats this year due to the pandemic, there may be more available seats.

Dec 23, 2020, 11:55 AM

So realistically, I need to donate at Fike to have any chance. I'm not even guaranteed to get lowers at this donation, am I? Would be a shame if I donated at that level and stayed in my uppers that are 25 rows up.

Dec 23, 2020, 12:02 PM

If I was in your situation, I would donate at the Fike Level. You are likely, but not guaranteed, to get solid lower deck sideline seats around the 10 yard line to end zones. These would be great seats, especially if higher up in the lower deck. At McFadden, you may end up needing to donate higher next year to get what you’re looking for, but it’s possible that it could work out.

Dec 23, 2020, 12:21 PM

Thank you. If I did this, I would have about 211 priority points. Hopefully that would be enough to score some lowers. Really I don't give a rip where I am in the lower deck, so the 10's would be fine. That is actually where I sit growing up with my grandfather's season tickets.

Priority points don't matter UNTIL they get to your giving

Dec 23, 2020, 12:40 PM

level.

For example - jump in at Heisman for the first year ever, no priority points - your tickets will be filled before going to the TOP DONOR (priority points)in the Fike level.

This is how I understand it to work - and the poster that said all answers from IPTAY are vague and tell you very little is absolutely correct.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Priority points don't matter UNTIL they get to your giving

Dec 23, 2020, 12:59 PM

Yep, I've actually experienced this myself with IPTAY, which is why I reached out to everyone on this board. I figured I would get a better answer here.

McFadden should do it.***

Dec 23, 2020, 12:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: McFadden should do it.***

Dec 23, 2020, 1:05 PM

Thank you!

Donate every dollar you can. Little more to make it hurt...

Dec 23, 2020, 11:41 PM

Then let the rest take care of itself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 7:53 AM

when the original seat equity plan came out to much consternation, we decided to jump in with both feet at Heisman Level to get tix in lower deck. It worked out. Following that year we dropped giving to the minimum required to keep the seats. It paid off for us, and we have enjoyed watching the ride since then.

My guess is that you could do the same for two tickets, but think about the future (kids, work associates, etc), and you may want four. My opinion is to get as many as you can with that first Hard to swallow donation, then drop back to the minimum giving level the following year.

Good Luck. Go Tigers.

Dec 24, 2020, 7:56 AM

AND...If you have a choice to pick seats after you go ALL-IN with the donation for lowers, look at the seat equity dividing lines. Just one aisle over may make a big difference in each year's equity plan (Giving Level) cost to the tune of thousands of dollars for four seats!

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic