Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
David Hood Hard Hitting Question for Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

David Hood Hard Hitting Question for Dabo

Sep 3, 2020, 11:36 AM

On the next media availability with Dabo could you ask about the Number 0? I notice no one is wearing it this year. What are his thoughts and was it a conscious decision to not have anyone wear it? Totally understand this is and has no impact on anything just a curious question that may lighten the mood from everything else that is asked.

Thanks!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know there are those who have worn it. But, I cannot

Sep 3, 2020, 11:46 AM

fathom why any player in any sport would want to take the obvious chance of being referred to as "a big fat ZERO."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had a friend in school named Kelvin...

Sep 3, 2020, 12:42 PM

and he always insisted on wearing the number 0 in any sport he played.

Kelvin as in Kelvin scale and absolute zero.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That is awesome

Sep 3, 2020, 12:58 PM

in a really nerdy kind of way.

I love it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Yes..it is...

Sep 3, 2020, 1:08 PM

and he would tell you the same thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I had a friend in school named Kelvin...

Sep 3, 2020, 2:06 PM [ in reply to I had a friend in school named Kelvin... ]

I've thought Doeren was an absolute zero

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always thought that Travis Blanks shouldve been allowed to

Sep 3, 2020, 12:18 PM

wear 0 Get it Travis "Blanks" as in doesn't allow a reception against him.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: I always thought that Travis Blanks shouldve been allowed to

Sep 3, 2020, 2:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The answer is simple:

Sep 3, 2020, 12:55 PM

We do not want any of our players identifying as a coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I've never really thought of 0 as a football number.

Sep 3, 2020, 12:59 PM

I feel like it's really uncommon. Is 0 historically used as a football number?

You see it in basketball as 0 or 00, but that's the only sport it seems like it's really used.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I've never really thought of 0 as a football number.

Sep 3, 2020, 1:06 PM

Johnny Olszewski had the number 0 for a few years in the 1950s and was a good RB for the Cardinals and Redskins. He was called Johnny O.

0 & 00 were taken out of the NFL after the 1973 season . . .

Sep 3, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to I've never really thought of 0 as a football number. ]

0 was added to the College Football Available Number List just this year because of the popularity of single digit numbers.

"The panel approved a rule that restricts the number of teammates wearing the same jersey number to two. The rules regarding players using duplicate numbers continue to require that they play different positions and aren’t on the field at the same time.
The Football Rules Committee recommended this adjustment to reduce the confusion caused by multiple players wearing the same number. Allowing more than two players with the same number has created confusion for the game officials and has made scouting opponents difficult. To respond to the popularity of single-digit numbers, players can wear “0” as a legal number. — NCAA ruling on April 21, 2020"

I could have sworn we had a DT that wore 0 about

Sep 3, 2020, 11:29 PM

10 years ago. His name escapes me

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: David Hood Hard Hitting Question for Dabo

Sep 3, 2020, 1:08 PM

My son’s baseball number is “00”, he wanted it because it’s unique and likes being referred to as double-aught.

Sep 3, 2020, 1:26 PM

When discussing 0 or 00, I’m reminded of Oakland Raiders Jim Otto. Wore “00” his whole career.

Sep 3, 2020, 2:18 PM

Yep and when your helmet looked like it was made out of paper maiche it didn’t matter what number you wore.

Sep 3, 2020, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: David Hood Hard Hitting Question for Dabo ]

Sep 3, 2020, 3:12 PM

Shades of the Beverly Hillbillies

Sep 3, 2020, 9:54 PM

Nothing wrong with that helmet. Hit the other guy in the face mask wearing it and he was out of it.

Sep 4, 2020, 1:14 AM

Kevin Duckworth....00. My favorite era of Blazers.

Sep 4, 2020, 3:35 AM

I had a Ray Guy 0 jersey that was a sample but because it was old school I thought it was cool. I used to have a huge collection of jerseys but sold most of them. I still have a Ricky Williams Orange Authentic Dolphin Jersey and all my Clemson jerseys, my favorite being #1 white one with Tigers name on it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Sep 4, 2020, 11:39 AM

0 has been very popular at 0hi0 St in recent years!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2020, 11:50 AM

00 should be reserved for middle linebackers, nose guards, or centers.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic