Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Daughters Clemson Admission Letter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 601

Daughters Clemson Admission Letter

Feb 12, 2021, 6:08 PM

Back in December, my youngest daughter applied to Clemson for the fall of 2021. She has a 4.8 gpa. She has played 4 years in two sports. She is number 2 in her class. Come to find out she only applied to Clemson. My wife is Clemson Alumni and played in the Tiger Band. My daughter seemingly wants to follow in her footsteps. The sad thing is watching her go to the mailbox each day looking for the acceptance letter. The letter date is suppose to be February 15. This is going to be truely heart breaking if she doesn’t get into Clemson. Has anyone got their letter yet?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not by any means 100% factual

Feb 12, 2021, 6:22 PM

Applying in December is quite late to be applying for next year. I know my kid was applying to the Calhoun Honors College & sent in her application sometime in October because they are the first to be selected. I believe that all the others are subjected to some sort of time selection based on your application being received. Clemson will deny it, but they do "cull through the pile" and set aside "sparkling" applications for first consideration. There are a couple of release dates that they go through, so not everyone will get a letter marked the 15th as you mentioned. Do not get blown away if it takes a month or two because just because a student is accepted, that doesn't mean they are coming and Clemson will have to keep the pot stirring until they fill their limit. GOOD LUCK...I know it's a mental exercise in patience and hope.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not by any means 100% factual

Feb 15, 2021, 7:38 PM

Praying that you daughters dream comes true. If she does not get in consider the bridge program. Thoroughly investigate it though I know it has changed a lot.

Good Luck I hope she gets her acceptance letter. I wish the best for all of those waiting on their Clemson or other college acceptance letter.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Acceptances are in waves

Feb 12, 2021, 7:20 PM

I think there are two early rounds, but like 75% go out February 15. My daughter got accepted in early November, but her brother and sister both had to wait until February.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Daughters Clemson Admission Letter

Feb 12, 2021, 7:30 PM

Is her SAT good? That’s seemed to be a dividing line more than anything in the past.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2021, 7:36 PM

I don’t think she has taken the Sat yet.

Feb 12, 2021, 7:37 PM

Did they not give them due to Covid? Maybe they didn’t require it this year due to that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson was test optional this year***

Feb 12, 2021, 7:50 PM

Re: Clemson was test optional this year***

Feb 12, 2021, 7:52 PM

That was my understanding

Know that feeling. I got that denial letter***

Feb 12, 2021, 8:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2021, 8:19 PM

I’m in the same wait. Letters get mailed on Monday, so next week is big.

Feb 15, 2021, 2:42 PM

Lol. No mail today. President Day. This is slow torture for a teenager

Notifications went out via the “portal” an hour ago***

Feb 15, 2021, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Daughters Clemson Admission Letter ]

My daughter is #1 in her class, applied back in August

Feb 15, 2021, 2:48 PM

No letters as of yet. I think COVID has slowed it down. Top 10 kids should get in easily.

Are you in-state? What major is she applying for? If it's STEM, then she'll get in. Nursing is a different story. They are extremely picky.

Top 10 doesnt mean anything if

Feb 16, 2021, 10:23 AM

There are 30 kids in your graduation class.

Top 2 at dormin and you have a rubber stamp admission to any instate school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: My daughter is #1 in her class, applied back in August

Feb 16, 2021, 3:30 PM [ in reply to My daughter is #1 in her class, applied back in August ]

Yes, she is instate. Biological Science is her preferred major

Feb 15, 2021, 3:22 PM

Saw a video on social media today. Looks like they're going out this week. They said they would also be releasing admission decisions online.

Take this for what’s it’s worth...

Feb 15, 2021, 4:19 PM

But my son was accepted last year...he graduated only about top 20% of his class but gpa wasn’t much lower than your daughter’s (it’s a very competitive in-state high school). I’m just guessing she is at a small or possibly private school...but I would think with that GPA and class rank, she has a better than average chance.

As others have pointed out, her choice of major will make a difference...and I’ll add that in-state vs out-of-state makes a difference as well (obviously much more difficult out of state).

Good Luck to your daughter! I will tell you my son didn’t get his letter until late February, so can definitely identify with what you are going through...so hang in there!

Feb 15, 2021, 4:41 PM

Let us know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Son's acceptance letter ...

Feb 15, 2021, 5:52 PM

was dated 1/07/21. He applied in September.

Feb 15, 2021, 6:38 PM

Easy to say as an adult, but tell her not to stress if other people get their letters before she hears. We knew twins who got their letters a week apart last year.

Clemson still does this by mail? What is this 1985???***

Feb 15, 2021, 6:45 PM

If it was 1985 the letters would have been mailed months ago

Feb 15, 2021, 6:59 PM

:)

Feb 15, 2021, 7:21 PM

My daughter received an email about an hour ago stating her acceptance, she'd been checking the website all day. Hopefully an official letter will follow. She'll be a fourth generation Tiger!

Congrats! Mine will be a 4th generation also!

Feb 15, 2021, 7:25 PM

Would be a 5th generation, but her great great grandfather ran out of money and didn’t graduate. Became a CU extension agent instead, and did that his whole life.

Feb 15, 2021, 8:28 PM

If she can go to her application portal, my daughter saw her acceptance at about 6:55 this evening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 10:54 PM

Well, it is with great pleasure to tell you all. My daughter was accepted to Clemson University. I can’t tell you the emotions that are going thru my mind right now. She has made us proud of all her accomplishments throughout her academic schooling. Now she will follow her mother’s footsteps at Clemson. I’m sure she will be in the Tiger Band. Thanks to all of you for your guidance in the last few days!!!

Wonderful news! Congratulations!***

Feb 15, 2021, 11:00 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

That is SUPER news!***

Feb 15, 2021, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Daughters Clemson Admission Letter ]

Feb 16, 2021, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Daughters Clemson Admission Letter ]

HD.....CONGRATS to all of you!!
I remember that exciting day in 2014 when our daughter officially became a Tiger.A truly euphoric feeling!!

Feb 16, 2021, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Daughters Clemson Admission Letter ]

So happy for you all! Big news that unfolds a wonderful future!

Feb 16, 2021, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Daughters Clemson Admission Letter ]

So happy for you all! Big news that unfolds a wonderful future!

Congrats to you both!

Feb 16, 2021, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Daughters Clemson Admission Letter ]

Go Tigers!!

Happy news!

Feb 17, 2021, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Daughters Clemson Admission Letter ]

Congrats!

Feb 16, 2021, 8:55 AM

Hope she gets in. If not, all S.C. technical colleges have a 30 hour freshman year mapped out. She meets most of her gen Ed - everything transfers to Clemson. Her LIFE pays for it and you just saved about 40K.

Hope she gets in. If not, all S.C. technical colleges have a 30 hour freshman year mapped out. She meets most of her gen Ed - everything transfers to Clemson. Her LIFE pays for it and you just saved about 40K.

What school did she apply to?***

Feb 16, 2021, 10:21 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Don't know her SATs but I imagine they are good

Feb 16, 2021, 10:42 AM

but if she is at the top of her class, she should have no problem getting in. Her Guidance Coucneler needs a serious reprimand for waiting until December and not assigning a fallback school.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't know her SATs but I imagine they are good

Feb 16, 2021, 1:59 PM

I’m not going to cry sour grapes at this point, but I do agree more could have been done thru the schools guidance counselors. I’m a older parent and things have changed since I was in school. Tuition was only 737.00 per semester. I wish they would put more emphasis on the students accomplishments vs the parents income when awarding scholarships. Congratulations to all the other kids and parents that did get accepted to this wonderful University

Depends on her skin color.***

Feb 16, 2021, 1:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 41
| visibility 601
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic