Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Daughter's BF positive for Covid-19
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Daughter's BF positive for Covid-19

Jul 12, 2020, 10:26 AM

Graduated from Clemson in May .
He is a waiter at California Dreaming in West Ashley . Diagnosis was yesterday , so if you've had dinner or lunch at that restaurant in the past week , might wanna do yourselves a favor and get swabbed .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Daughter's BF positive for Covid-19

Jul 12, 2020, 10:34 AM

Sorry man. Hope he and yours are ok.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Her and her sister are getting tested.

Jul 12, 2020, 11:34 AM

They're all 21 and 22 so though it's worrisome in a small way they should all be ok . The strength of youth and so on and so forth .
Thanks .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray.

Jul 12, 2020, 10:57 AM

Hope the boyfriend and your daughter, will soon both be ok.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray.

Jul 12, 2020, 3:45 PM

+1 for going to the vault and picking out a great one

DB23

Please keep us posted. One of my co-workers has it

Jul 12, 2020, 11:18 AM

and felt bad for about a week. His doctor prescribed an albuterol inhaler and nothing else.

He is 62 and in good shape. He expects to return to work this week. (We work remotely.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 11:52 AM

Hope all is well with you guys!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 12:03 PM

My goodness people get a freakin grip, it isn’t a cancer or hiv diagnosis. My god. You all have gotten so spun up over a virus proving about as deadly as seasonal flu. The difference being it’s highly transmittable. I’m seriously worried about our populations critical thinking skills and reliance on media narrative.

Jul 12, 2020, 12:07 PM

Clearly you are a Trumper ... and that is NOT a compliment.

I'm not sure what his comment has to do with Trump.

Jul 12, 2020, 12:15 PM

I think his point was that a positive test does not equal anything but a positive test.

Positive test results can be symptomatic or asymptomatic.

Death rate in SC is .017 as of yesterday per SCDHEC.

Odds are very high that a positive test does not equal death.

Edit:
Here are the COVID-19 numbers from SCDHEC as of Saturday, July 11, 2020:

533,738 total COVID-19 tests in SC
54,538 total positive cases
940 deaths in "Individuals with COVID-19 infection"

The death rate in SC is almost exactly as advertised by scientists at the beginning: .017. (I think .015 was the predicted death rate.)

Source: https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/sc-testing-data-projections-covid-19

Message was edited by: laid-backtiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Daughter's BF positive for Covid-19 ]

Obviously you don’t care much about the economy or the well being of America’s middle class ? You see if Trump is not re-elected , this country is in major trouble.
Stop being a sheep listening to CNN and do some research.
I don’t particularly like what he says sometimes but he has done an excellent job otherwise.

Jul 12, 2020, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Daughter's BF positive for Covid-19 ]

True tiger You just gave a good example of our poor critical thinking skills!! you might want to change your tv channel.

Not really. The message could have been worded

Jul 12, 2020, 12:20 PM

better. But I think he has a valid point.

Jul 12, 2020, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Daughter's BF positive for Covid-19 ]

The OP is concerned for someone close to his family who has the virus and you trivialize it with your halfass hypocritical take based on your media preference... You should take two weeks off posting then quit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Daughter's BF positive for Covid-19 ]

My goodness people get a freakin grip, it isn’t a cancer or hiv diagnosis. My god. You all have gotten so spun up over a virus proving about as deadly as seasonal flu. The difference being it’s highly transmittable. I’m seriously worried about our populations critical thinking skills and reliance on media narrative.

Dude.. Get a life.. this thread ain't about you.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Daughter's BF positive for Covid-19 ]

Covid is much more deadly than the flu according to the numbers from Laid-Backtiger on this thread and CDC.

Covid death rate is 1.7% of those who have it and flu is 0.1%.

I also suspect the following... Many more asymptomatic people get the Covid test than get the flu test, so the denominator of the two death rate calculations are different, with the denominator in the Covid calculation having proportionally more people. Again, that is my suspicion, but I have no data to support it.

Jul 12, 2020, 3:22 PM

Nowhere near 1.7% I don’t know how many times a broad based tests has to proved out the denominator is being greatly understated in most areas before people get it.

Literally every time we get broad testing data, it turns out significantly more people have it the virus. Logically, when that is applied to other areas with narrower TESTING but similar BEVAVIOR the dead rate plummets.

Jul 12, 2020, 11:00 PM

I completely understand the ever-increasing denominator. That is what my suspicion is all about. In order to calibrate ourselves to the death rate, we need to compare it to an illness with similar broad testing, and I don't know if we do such broad testing for the flu or some other illness.

Jul 12, 2020, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Daughter's BF positive for Covid-19 ]

Back off , get a grip . There was no need for your eruption .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 12:11 PM

Prayers for all my friend!

My good friend's son's GF got the virus last month.

Jul 12, 2020, 1:15 PM

His son never had a symptom.

She didn't have much of a case.

Re: My good friend's son's GF got the virus last month.

Jul 12, 2020, 1:23 PM

It's about what we're hoping to see here. He is asymptomatic , both of my girls showing no reasons for us to worry yet . Of course they're just testing today so .

DB23

Jul 12, 2020, 2:08 PM

The wife got tested and it was negative. We were 3 days not knowing, no symptoms. Nerve racking.

LOL...waiting 3 days on a medical test was "nerve racking"

Jul 12, 2020, 2:23 PM

Pretty clear some of you have never experienced any serious adversity in life.

Re: LOL...waiting 3 days on a medical test was "nerve racking"

Jul 12, 2020, 3:20 PM

I’m trying to understand what the standards are with these people. Read their nasty responses me trying to bring some sanity to the discussion. This is amazing. I honestly feel sorry for these people.

Easy answer, theyre a bunch of thin-skinned snowflake babies

Jul 12, 2020, 3:28 PM

Mommy and Daddy have shielded them from life's hardships. Now the big bad virus comes along and they need their binkie.

Try dealing with a cancer diagnosis for god sakes.

Re: Easy answer, theyre a bunch of thin-skinned snowflake babies

Jul 12, 2020, 5:49 PM

That's just a completely irresponsible statement to make . Talk about having nothing to add .
You have no earthly idea what other's are going through , or have experienced in their lives .
I wonder if you'd feel the same way about it if it had affected you personally . Of course I wouldn't speak to that because I know nothing about you and you know nothing about me except what we care to put onto this forum .

Gotta understand that talking tough about how others appear soft generally screams weakness from the complainant .

DB23

Crying over nasty comments when it is your superior

Jul 12, 2020, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL...waiting 3 days on a medical test was "nerve racking" ]

know it all attitude that is the cause. Funny stuff.

Guess what? There is nothing wrong with praying for no symptoms to show or a speedy recovery. If it bothers you.....just move on.

Re: Crying over nasty comments when it is your superior

Jul 12, 2020, 7:09 PM

I love this, ??

“I’m the victim. Look how nasty they are to me after defouling someone for sharing an experience.”

Ironically, these are mommy/daddy issues. It’s not perspective.

Re: LOL...waiting 3 days on a medical test was "nerve racking"

Jul 12, 2020, 6:49 PM [ in reply to LOL...waiting 3 days on a medical test was "nerve racking" ]

Ha, ha. Clueless...

Jul 12, 2020, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: My good friend's son's GF got the virus last month. ]

my chief engineer in Pensacola is awaiting his swab results so he can return to work .
His son's GF got a positive result last week and they found out a day before he was to return to the boat .

DB23

Jul 12, 2020, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: My good friend's son's GF got the virus last month. ]

I hope all continues to go as well as possible, Tigerdug.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 12, 2020, 6:43 PM

Thanks buddy , I am sure all will be fine .
@ 51 I would certainly be more vulnerable and apt to worry about an exposure , but I am on a tugboat hitch and isolation is our game even before the COVID-19 ;)

DB23

Jul 12, 2020, 2:16 PM

TigerDug--- I hope every thing turns out OK. Being young and healthy is a big plus in their favor. Some people make light of a situation such as this until it hits home.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 3:56 PM

Thank you kind sir !
I didn't make the post to start another political fracas on TNet , but there are a lot of truly interesting people who are waiting in the willows to prove or disprove a point .
Hope you and yours are well and remain so .

Go Tigers !

DB23

I saw nothing political in your OP . . .

Jul 12, 2020, 5:53 PM

just a simple warning to your home community about an establishment that had an infected worker serving customers last week . . .

Thank you for the heads up and have lifted your fold in prayers!!!

It's about time for a "sunrise over the sound" picture to highlight my day . . . Looking forward to your next one!!!

Re: I saw nothing political in your OP . . .

Jul 12, 2020, 6:41 PM

That's all it was Skeeta , I am just letting people on here know that this went down recently in Charleston and I had firsthand knowledge of it .
Not looking for anything about stats or what someone thinks about this virus ... just a simple heads up .

Hope you're doing well brother , and thanks for the uplift .

DB23

Jul 12, 2020, 4:47 PM

Hoping for the best for you and your family. Any potential sickness can cause us to worry. Stay strong.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's to praying for no symptoms and negative tests

Jul 12, 2020, 5:03 PM

For you daughter and her friend.

Re: Here's to praying for no symptoms and negative tests

Jul 12, 2020, 5:11 PM

It's actually both of my girls as they just got their 1st apartment together and moved in Friday .
I'm happy , excited for them and also obviously very concerned as a father that they and their friends will be alright .

Thank you for your prayer .

DB23

Just curious, why did he get tested if he is not showing any symptoms?***

Jul 12, 2020, 9:33 PM

Re: Just curious, why did he get tested if he is not showing any symptoms?***

Jul 12, 2020, 10:33 PM

Now that is a good question , I will try to get that answer asap .

DB23

Good example of why this so hard to contain

Jul 12, 2020, 5:18 PM

My niece’s BF tested positive and now my sister is worried. Unless you close ALL of your family in your house and don’t let any of them socialize with anyone you cannot stop it.

People do not catch it from waking by Karen at the supermarket. Scientists have virtually prove. It is transmitted by sustained face to face communication or sustained singing or working closely together in an enclosed space.

Jul 12, 2020, 10:21 PM

Will be praying for a fast recovery

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody eats there anymore...

Jul 13, 2020, 5:28 AM

It's too crowded.

Re: Nobody eats there anymore...

Jul 13, 2020, 5:47 AM

Last time I ate there (2014 ?) I had a grouper filet that seemed like they'd soaked it in salt brine for an hour and threw it on my plate .
Haven't returned .

DB23

Stick to the Tijuana wings and the

Jul 13, 2020, 1:10 PM

BBQ Chicken nachos if you decide to go there again and you won't go wrong.

We ordered takeout from the boat dock a couple of weeks ago.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic