Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Darius Leonard, Clemson “castoff” thriving in NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Darius Leonard, Clemson “castoff” thriving in NFL

Dec 19, 2018, 10:00 PM

Bleacher report.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2802404-maniac-darius-leonard-has-gone-from-clemson-castoff-to-rookie-nfl-sensation

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heh, "castoff"? Not really.

Dec 19, 2018, 10:07 PM

I'm glad things are going well for him, and it'd have been nice for him to be a Tiger, but we didn't pull an offer. He didn't qualify until after we were full. That's on him academically.

Oh well, glad the young man seems to be doing well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just more "fake news."***

Dec 19, 2018, 10:15 PM

Re: Darius Leonard, Clemson “castoff” thriving in NFL

Dec 19, 2018, 10:08 PM

Thriving? He’s a force. Anthony Waters younger brother, now leading the nfl in tackles as a rookie.

Everyone misses, and we missed on him.

Dec 19, 2018, 10:11 PM

He missed on getting his behind qualified. Others managed to do it in time. That's on him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Darius Leonard, Clemson “castoff” thriving in NFL ]

Can we get him an Honorary T-Net membership?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 10:22 PM

He qualified, and his family is not one that could even entertain a preferred walk-on.

Knowing what we know now it’s more than fair to say we would’ve held the spot, but with him being 180 pounds at the time the staff thought it was too risky.

And he’s still a Clemson fan.

Dec 19, 2018, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Darius Leonard, Clemson “castoff” thriving in NFL ]

He was obviously not smart to realize he could walk on and have a scholarship the next semester with the ways things go. Hunter went the same route.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair

Dec 19, 2018, 10:43 PM

That's not a path that some families can go down.

I don't know anything about his family's economic position, but many folks couldn't swing even a semester of college tuition at Clemson's current tuition rates.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 11:07 PM

Just tonight, my wife and I went to a local store to by a bike for my 8 year old son. I noticed that the store had maybe half as many bikes as they had a few days ago. I made a comment to the employee helping me about so many bikes being sold. He said that Darius had come in and bought 100 for a local charity of some type. Pretty cool.

I do not know him, but I Hope he has a long and very successful NFL career.

Dec 19, 2018, 11:13 PM

He did, he gave them out at his former HS, Lake View, in Dillon County. If you know anything about education and socioeconomic status in SC you know that area is often referred to as the “corridor of shame”.

It's a crime he didn't make the Pro Bowl***

Dec 19, 2018, 11:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 8:07 AM

I wish Leonard the best of luck. It would have been great Leonard had come to Clemson. We could have used him and he would have made us better

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic