Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dang Kirk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Dang Kirk

Sep 5, 2020, 12:48 PM

Please somebody say something
Anything

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang Kirk

Sep 5, 2020, 12:52 PM

It’s bad.... Real bad...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2020, 1:01 PM

Disengeniuos, that is what I was thinking tge entire time.

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2020, 1:06 PM

No, that's what happens when you're empathic and you truly understand the fear Darien Rencher, and 1000's of others have been talking about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being able to put yourself in another's shoes

Sep 5, 2020, 1:32 PM

That's what my parents taught me, and I've lived by it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

i agree but why do they not put themselves

Sep 5, 2020, 1:34 PM

int he officers shoes where a guy who has had the law called on him for rape has a weapon then runs to his car while a gun is drawn on him and reaches into the car real fast...i mean its easy to say shoot the leg use a taser or mace but until you are in that situation you dont know

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i agree but why do they not put themselves

Sep 5, 2020, 1:59 PM

Shoot 7x in the back, with 5-6 other officers around.

It could have been handled better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what the police are trained to do. They shoot until

Sep 5, 2020, 2:18 PM

the threat is neutralized. The # of shots is justified whether it's 1 or 20.

Sep 5, 2020, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang Kirk ]

The fear?

A black man has a better chance of getting struck by lightning than being killed by a police officer.

Why don’t they have this “fear” of getting killed by another black male when there are thousands of cases a year?

This “fear” has been created by the main stream media and has brainwashed so many impressionable minds who haven’t done their research. It has been debunked over and over and the statistics don’t lie. Police brutality toward black men is a myth, used only for a political agenda.

https://youtu.be/Q3sSB0ZNVsg

Disingenuous would be putting your head in the

Sep 5, 2020, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang Kirk ]

sand and pretending there's not an issue, when the folks who experience injustice everyday are staring you in the face and telling you otherwise.

Sep 5, 2020, 1:05 PM

If I hear one more black person complaining about having to tell their children that if they are pulled over by the police they should speak respectfully to the officer, not argue with the officer, not reach into their glovebox without telling the officer first, turn the dome light on if it is dark, and keep their hands in view, and then go on and on as if telling them that is some kind of a sign of racism in this country, I think my head is going to explode. We're white, but those were some of the first things I taught my son when he started driving. I explained that the police officer is putting him or herself in potential danger every time they walk up to the driver’s window of a car they have pulled over, and that the driver has a responsibility to demonstrate to the officer that he or she is not a threat. It ain’t a racism thing - it’s a putting yourself in the place of the police officer thing. That is all. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Message was edited by: Greenboaz®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2020, 1:23 PM

If you're taught that as white person, it's usually out of respect for authority.

If you're taught that as black person, it's usually out of fear for your life.

its actually common sense

Sep 5, 2020, 1:27 PM

reach into your glove box fast white or black while pulled over you will most likely end up dead

Oh, well that fixes everything

Sep 5, 2020, 1:36 PM

why didn't nobody tell anyone that??

i dunno...

Sep 5, 2020, 1:37 PM

as those who make jerk movements in hot situations that lead to them getting shot

Re: i dunno...

Sep 5, 2020, 1:57 PM

That certainly explains my mom's perspective as a deputy in Henrico county, Va. She said at least 35% of the cops were bad/dirty (drugs), etc. That it was those few cops that gave cops a bad name. This, coming from a cop who worked among them all.

Who knew it was actually just black people reaching into glove boxes that caused it all.

Re: i dunno...

Sep 5, 2020, 2:42 PM

At least 35% is a few ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is a statistically indefensible argument.

Sep 5, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang Kirk ]

First, there is nothing inherently disrespectful about NOT turning your dome light on or reaching into a glove box. So the examples the poster provided have nothing to do with respect for law and all about creating an atmosphere that signals safety for all involved. It’s the same for all races.

Second, the number of black peoples who have been killed as a result of an innocent misunderstanding or wrong move during a traffic stop is so Insignificantly small as to make the argument that “it is a safety imperative to train young black people how to behave lest they be killed” absolutely laughable.

To be clear, I have no idea what Kirk said...I’m responding to your response only.

null

Re: That is a statistically indefensible argument.

Sep 5, 2020, 1:51 PM

He started fake crying..."when I think of having to keep your hands on the wheel, at 10 and 2...." felt very fake to me.

And, I absolutely can "put myself in other's shoes"....especially true for the LEO that just wants to do his/her job and make it home to their family.

Besides the above, common courtesy is almost GONE from this World. Treating others as you want to be treated is almost non-existent as well (both for LEO and the person on the other side of the LEO).

I believe it is partly a culture issue; glorify certain behavior,...emulate the same in dress, actions and attitude (this is not to say 100% is like this), what do you expect to happen?

Go Tigers!!!

Sep 5, 2020, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang Kirk ]

Comments like that is why this country is in big trouble. Black kids who respect the law and authority have no issues with cops.

Tell that to Breonna Taylor***

Sep 5, 2020, 1:52 PM

Trayvon Martin and Tamir Rice beg your differ- oh they can’t

Sep 5, 2020, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang Kirk ]

Nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trayvon Martin and Tamir Rice beg your differ- oh they can’t

Sep 5, 2020, 1:57 PM

Just stop. Thousands of arrests each year and you try to claim this massive systemic racism with cops. Here’s a better idea pastor. Teach your youth to respect authority. Teach them to stop using racism as an excuse. I have a lot more examples of things you could teach them but I’ll stop. Just stop with the dang victim mentality. It’s getting old.

Sep 5, 2020, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang Kirk ]

Except this is not true. There are countless examples where people of all races especially blacks have done nothing but have been respectful and followed the law and it still goes bad? How many videos do you have to see of police getting aggressive with someone who refused to show ID or give information to a cop when the law doesn't require them to? Do you believe that you should do anything a cop tells/asks you to do when the law doesn't require that? If you're argument is they should just do it anyway because the cops have a hard job, and if you didn't do anything you should just give up your rights, yada yada yada, then the problem is the police not the citizens.

Yeah, see...that's where the problem lies.

Sep 5, 2020, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang Kirk ]

People believe this, and quite frequently, it's not true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.

Sep 5, 2020, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang Kirk ]

The media and others with influence over young people have a lot of blood on their hands for not doing so. If one has ever been an officer or been to war they understand the protocols and why they exist. Anyone that has ever been in a combat situation knows you have a split second to make a decision and if you wait to find out what someone has in their hands it’s too late if they pose a lethal threat. Police have a right to make it home safe to their families at night just as much as anyone else. Police do need to be trained to deescalate better and we need to hold bad cops accountable but they are not the norm. It’s plain prejudiced to to paint police with a broad brush for the actions of a few.

Sep 5, 2020, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang Kirk ]

exactly. why escalate a situation that doesnt have to be?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good lord.

Sep 5, 2020, 1:59 PM

what a world... gangbangers drug addicts and child molesters are HEROS and Law Enforcement are now the bad guys.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

What a little bisch***

Sep 5, 2020, 2:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Method actor***

Sep 5, 2020, 2:54 PM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic