Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo to Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Dabo to Bama

Sep 20, 2013, 11:26 AM

With rumors flying that Saban will replace Mack Brown at Texas (another chance to restore a program to dominance), I would have to assume that if Dabo keeps this winning pace up, he's going to end up as his alma mater's next head coach.

I'm also worried about Chad Morris going to Nebraska though, as he sounds like the favored candidate there. Who would that leave us with?

Dabo is the greatest coach our school has ever seen, and I would hate to lose him to those cheaters in Bama!! Would you rather lose Coach Chad or Dabo?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo to Bama

Sep 20, 2013, 11:28 AM

I think Dabo is doing great, but I don't see Bama coming after him. I'm sure they will go for a guy with an extensive, proven track record. His idea of what an offense is supposed to be doesn't mesh at all with what they are doing, and he hasn't been a head coach for very long. Alabama can get anyone in the college coaching world to come to them. Why, at this point, would Dabo be that guy?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't feed the troll***

Sep 20, 2013, 11:40 AM

your beak

Sep 20, 2013, 11:28 AM

is dirty

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

nice first post***

Sep 20, 2013, 11:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL- was goin' say the same***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:37 PM

Bama would only hire Dabo if he wins at least one NC here

Sep 20, 2013, 11:33 AM

And we show we can be a consistent top 15 team over the next 5 years. They wouldn't hire him at this point with our body of work. We have years before we have to worry about this kind of crap. If Dabo leaves it will be because we've done some amazing things here and I'd be OK with that. We still haven't accomplished all that much yet, other than beating a few good SEC teams. Have to put together a complete season, at least one, and probably multiple ones before 'Bama would even consider...

Re: Bama would only hire Dabo if he wins at least one NC here

Sep 20, 2013, 11:35 AM

You don't think the fact that he's an alum gets him a leg up? He's got to want it. I don't blame him: it's in the SEC and has the best traditions in college football.

Lol nice try coot***

Sep 20, 2013, 11:34 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2013, 11:34 AM

Clemson is safe with Dabo and Venables but Morris is the big concern

Dabo with his recruiting prowess and a solid O or D coordinator past would be attractive to many schools. However, I don't think the media nor the other schools are sold on Dabo outside of South Carolina.

not that they don't appreciate what he has done but I get the feeling they would rather withhold judgment to see if this idea of this rah rah head coach extraordinary recruiter teamed with highly paid asst coaches can work. Like it or not some people like a more conservative approach for the face of their football program. Not a knock on Dabo, more a knock on the people with their head in the sand while Dabo wins and rebuilds a program

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Sep 20, 2013, 12:38 PM

no worries about losing old shirtless at USCheat

Oh sure, guy who just joined tigernet today, I believe you!***

Sep 20, 2013, 12:40 PM

Re: Know who my favorite candidate is?

Sep 20, 2013, 12:41 PM

your mom

P.S. Just saw Saban say he wasn't going anywhere***

Sep 20, 2013, 12:42 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Where have I heard Saban say that before?

Sep 20, 2013, 3:12 PM

Oh yeah, as the coach of the Miami Dolphins.

hth

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By the way, who is Mahan Guppenlissen

Sep 20, 2013, 12:46 PM

That's your handle right? "I'm Mahan Guppenlissen?

Maybe it's Mahan Guppen Lissen?

Sep 20, 2013, 12:49 PM

Though I don't know him/her either

Clemson

Germans***

Sep 20, 2013, 12:50 PM

ima gonna hang up and a listen***

Sep 20, 2013, 12:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2013, 12:56 PM

Let's enjoy the ride. Can't worry about what might happen. The Clemson job is a top 10 job in the country. If Dabo or Morris leave, we will be fine. I am a big Dabo fan as well, but Danny Ford is the best coach Clemson has ever seen. Hopefully, Dabo will get there. Only time will tell.

Welcome to TigerNet -

Sep 20, 2013, 1:06 PM

Maybe you can read a little of the stuff that is already posted before you post the same GERMANS.

HAVE A GOOD DAY!

Sep 20, 2013, 1:10 PM

Kirby Smart will be the next Coach at Bama. Rumor is Nick has told him so and has encouraged him to stay. I thought Saban's "I'm too old" comment was certainly not the denial I'd want if I were a Bama fan.

Chad would be crazy to go to Nebraska...they no longer have the recruiting base to get the type players he needs for his system. I don't think he is going anywhere. I think Neb goes after Saban disciple Jim Mcalwian At Col State

Likewise, I know many Bama fans...and they LOVE Dabo and they are proud of him...but they are not interested in him being their HC at this point.

What Bama fans are you taking to?

Sep 20, 2013, 2:06 PM

Most of them don't know what Clemson is, and the ones that do love to bash us as much as Carolina fans if any team other than Alabama comes up in a football conversation.

Bama fans

Sep 20, 2013, 1:32 PM

Seem to think Dabo has much to prove before being ready for that job. They would rather hire Kirby Smart, should Saban leave/retire.

Link:

http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/Dabo-Swinney-21561059/1

Saban is not leaving Bama***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:44 PM

Here is a link to my speculation

Sep 20, 2013, 1:52 PM

You have to admit it is a possibility: http://www.fitsnews.com/2013/09/20/nick-sabans-situation-the-implications/

And why do you assume I am a coot? I'm offended by that! I have a CSM degree from Clemson, class of 2004. Watched the guys last night and finally signed up for Tigernet. Always enjoyed reading it, but wanted to get your thoughts and make a post after hearing this Saban talk.

I call BS***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Sep 20, 2013, 1:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Sep 20, 2013, 2:01 PM

I don't get this. I think Dabo is the most undervalued coach in America. After we win in Cootlumbia, win his second ACC title and head to Pasadena, folks will take him seriously. Sure, he gets excited. But that's better than that Coors-drinking, shirtless, Ol' Ball Sack in Cootlumbia.

Sep 20, 2013, 2:10 PM

Sep 20, 2013, 2:17 PM

You're a clown, man. At least I have a degree from Clemson! You're probably still in high school.

Sep 20, 2013, 2:24 PM

Sep 20, 2013, 2:44 PM

no need to worry.i am not sure dabo would leave clemson for bama

you know rumors are just that-rumors

how many times did we hear that Clemson to the big 10 was a done deal?

mn

Lane Kiffin to Bama

Sep 20, 2013, 2:54 PM

John Gruden to Texas. Lou Holtz to Nebraska. Sweater Vest, Jim Tressel to USC.

He has to win a BCS game first.***

Sep 20, 2013, 3:49 PM

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic