Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo saw in Ray Ray a special player
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Dabo saw in Ray Ray a special player

Dec 8, 2017, 2:31 AM

I still remember when he dropped that pass at the goal line, we all remember. However, Ray Ray wouldn't let that define him as a player. Dabo grabs him by the helmet and says "grow up" after that play, things began to slowly change for Ray Ray. To my admittance, I was wrong about him. We saw the flashes, but no consistent play last year. I wasn't sold on Ray Ray yet.

Ray Ray is a risk taker of sorts, but that's where you get the dynamic play and speed. He has obviously learned to hold onto the rock, with a few slips but a drastic improvement by all measures. I was beginning to see what Swinney had seen in him this fall. Dabo is a great talent evaluator, as we have seen in other positions, Ray Ray was no exception.

With his first deep catch from Bryant this year, it made me pay a little more attention. Then game after game, he was holding onto the ball and obviously making a great connection with KB. However, when he took that PT return to the house I could begin to see how valuable of a player he was. Special teams needed Ray Ray to step up, and that he has, even helping in playing DB. I hope he will only continue to get better as a player, he has been a real pleasant suprise. No kid is perfect, but when I see that a kid is growing as a player, and our coaches training them up to be the best men and players they can be, just makes you proud and want to give credit where credit is due. To Ray Ray and Coach Swinney.

Ray Ray's return for a TD.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rA53xlJ9DUM

Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said.

Dec 8, 2017, 3:43 AM

Ray Ray is one of those players where you are screaming no, no, don’t and suddenly changing to yes, yes, go. His big play ability has given a much needed spark at times.
Just a little more stickum and he will be good to go.

Re: Dabo saw in Ray Ray a special player

Dec 8, 2017, 11:48 PM

I agree. McCloud has stepped up big this year. His speed past defenders is something to behold. When he get's in stride with Kelly, big plays happen.

Go Tigers!!!

Definitely a talent, but still makes me nervous. Fumbled 2

Dec 8, 2017, 11:58 PM

against Miami!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Definitely a talent, but still makes me nervous. Fumbled 2

Dec 9, 2017, 12:05 AM

I wonder does he have crazy small hands? Really bad focus? It just seems like he cannot get a grip on ball control.

Re: Definitely a talent, but still makes me nervous. Fumbled 2

Dec 9, 2017, 12:16 AM

In defense of McCloud, one of those fumbles was due to Higgins inadvertently tripping McCloud. I originally thought a miami player kicked it.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2017/12/02/clemson-defense-beat-miami-its-own-turnover-chain/915733001/

Dec 9, 2017, 12:13 AM

Ray Ray is the man. He will only get better and hopefully he will be back next year. He has developed confidence and that is dangerous

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 12:13 AM

Ray Ray is the man. He will only get better and hopefully he will be back next year. He has developed confidence and that is dangerous

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 1:28 AM

He has some moments, but so have other recievers with a drop or fumble. I think McCloud has definitely grown alot and he is only going to getter better. His dynamic play ability is fun to watch.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic