Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Kirk Herbstreit says 'lots of coaches' are opting out to avoid being humiliated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Kirk Herbstreit says 'lots of coaches' are opting out to avoid being humiliated

Dec 1, 2020, 7:47 PM

Kirk Herbstreit says 'lots of coaches' are opting out to avoid being humiliated

ESPN commentator Kirk Herbstreit was part of Tuesday's College Football rankings show as the top four rankings were Alabama, Notre Dame, Clemson, and Ohio State Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit says 'lots of coaches' are opting out to avoid being humiliated

Dec 1, 2020, 8:03 PM

Definitely validates Dabo + maintaining an open date on Dec 12

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit says 'lots of coaches' are opting out to avoid being humiliated

Dec 1, 2020, 8:25 PM

My bet is that Kirk's speculation is exactly what's behind some coaches opting to cancel games. They don't want an embarrassing loss. It's just that simple. Funny, but it was no problem when FSU was mopping the floor with us under Tommy's tutelage and before Dabo got his program built. FSU is a cowardly laughing stock now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2020, 6:45 AM

They would play the games if stadiums were going to be packed. That would be incentive enough.

Dec 1, 2020, 8:28 PM

So what. Games are cancelled, schedules are crazy, players opt out and even get an extra year of eligibility. There has never been a year like this and hopefully there will never be another one like 2020.

Dec 1, 2020, 8:31 PM

So what. Games are cancelled, schedules are crazy, players opt out and even get an extra year of eligibility. There has never been a year like this and hopefully there will never be another one like 2020.

Dec 1, 2020, 8:31 PM

There is no doubt, despite FSU and their coach denials. If protocols are followed and there is enough players to play, the medical advice is not valid. It's a convenient fallback. The ACC made the rules for all the teams--follow them. The ACC owed $275K in my book. Collect it.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 4:04 AM

It's pretty simple to me. Deduct our travel expenses to Tallahassee from FSU's share of the conference playoff $$.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 2, 2020, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit says 'lots of coaches' are opting out to avoid being humiliated ]

Eagle03® said:

There is no doubt, despite FSU and their coach denials. If protocols are followed and there is enough players to play, the medical advice is not valid. It's a convenient fallback. The ACC made the rules for all the teams--follow them. The ACC owed $275K in my book. Collect it.

The ACC did not make the rules. The ACC presented a proposal to the schools who approved the protocol for use by all league members. The ACC is not an overlord but an organizational entity controlled by the schools. FSU agreed to the protocol, decided not to follow the protocol and would not allow any flexibility when Clemson proposed additional testing + a Sunday/Monday game. Its a stretch to blame anyone but FSU as they simply did not want to be embarrassed on the field so they used Covid to find a way not to play

It's will be interesting to see how Covid impacts the future

Dec 1, 2020, 8:36 PM

of college football. Allowing cancellations when rules are followed is a bad precedent. Either the rules are good to protect safety and you follow them, or the rules need to be upgraded. There needs to be a penalty for the crap that the semiholes are pulling. Forfeit is just a start. Loss of funds from the conference contracts, something to ensure that not playing is painful to head that crap off. It's becoming easier and easier to ignore your commitment with no penalty. First it was individuals, not it's entire teams.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't agree with you much, Lakedude but you're exactly

Dec 1, 2020, 8:50 PM

right.

This was never about COVID and my record here is pretty clear on TNET about how I feel about this whole COVID situation. I would be the first person here to defend FSU if I honestly thought it was about player safety.

It never was, and the ACC failed to enforce its own protocol measures. Consequently, it let coaches and programs take advantage of COVID to save face. It will back-fire though because recruits will take notice. Good luck with all that FSU.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't agree with you much, Lakedude but you're exactly

Dec 2, 2020, 11:02 AM

FSU's best recruit for 2021, Luke Altmeyer, a four star QB, decommitted this week. This is a position that they have almost no depth in.

Their second best prospect for 2021 is WR Destyn Hill. He's probably having second thoughts right now without a good QB.

FSU is already feeling the consequences.

Unfortunately, it's not in Clemson's best interest if other programs in the ACC, i.e. FSU, get weaker.

South Florida will take FSU Spot in Florida

Dec 1, 2020, 8:52 PM [ in reply to It's will be interesting to see how Covid impacts the future ]

I have confidence in Coach Jeff Scott's ability to turn South Florida around. FSU pulling this latest stunt makes me believe it even more. There is enough talent left in Florida to field 3 national championship caliber teams i.m.o. if they have the right coaching! That hasn't been the case in a while for all 3 at the same time.

FSU is on the fast track to becoming Florida Atlantic or FIU. UCF is ahead of them now and South Florida is coming soon.

Administration having some sense or not can impact your football program in a huge way. No better example than down in Columbia.
The good players who get left out or looked over will end up at S. Florida. Closer to the beach anyway, right? Who knows maybe one day we replace BC and Syracuse and add UCF and South Florida.

FSU is putting hole in their own boat.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: South Florida will take FSU Spot in Florida

Dec 2, 2020, 12:43 PM

"FSU is on the fast track to becoming Florida Atlantic or FIU. UCF is ahead of them now and South Florida is coming soon."

Kinda like Coastal is ahead of SCAR right now...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's will be interesting to see how Covid impacts the future

Dec 1, 2020, 9:50 PM [ in reply to It's will be interesting to see how Covid impacts the future ]

Just as I said while it was happening, FSU was avoiding the beat down of their history in Doak Campbell, and that is what it was!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo may have taken it easy on Norvell this year, but after

Dec 2, 2020, 10:27 AM

this nonsense.....next year could be historically ugly for that FSU crew.

Re: Dabo may have taken it easy on Norvell this year, but after

Dec 2, 2020, 1:00 PM

Well you know they only got 40-something cases the next week WITHOUT playing us so imagine how many more they would have gotten if we had played with one reserve player positive (and sent home).......
Thankful we didn't play now and wondering how many cases they would have given to us!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 10:12 PM

I believe their recent actions will set their program even further behind, than they were deemed to be.

Dec 1, 2020, 10:35 PM

I actually appreciate Michigan opting out. It’s just one more game that no one has to watch their dumpster fire of a program.

So, please Michigan...opt out all you want to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 11:07 AM

Patience, patience. They'll have no place to hide 11 months hence. We'll kick the carp out of them then.

Dec 2, 2020, 12:26 PM

Kirk Herbstreit says 'lots of coaches' are opting out to avoid being humiliated

ESPN commentator Kirk Herbstreit was part of Tuesday's College Football rankings show as the top four rankings were Alabama, Notre Dame, Clemson, and Ohio State Read Update »

Look @ this:
https://www.tomahawknation.com/florida-state-football-fsu-seminoles/2020/11/30/21726559/piecing-together-football-schedule-clemson-notre-dame-duke-virginia-cfb-mike-norvell-wake-forest

Dec 4, 2020, 3:33 AM

Kirk is a class act. We all put a foot in our mouths at times. It takes class to admit it and sincerely apologize. But, don’t be surprised if his comment holds true. There is lots of that going on and even a program like Michigan could fall in.

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic