Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo, master psychologist?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Dabo, master psychologist?

Dec 28, 2020, 8:53 PM

I ave a good friend who knows somebody in Clemson whose cousin is the next door neighbor of the janitor in the football offices. He told me the janitor overheard the following conversation between Dabo, Brent and Tony when they inadvertently left the door open to their meeting.

Dabo said, "OK, guys, here is the plan. I'm gonna vote Ohio State 11th in the polls. That will get the media really upset. They will come to me and question me expecting me to back off. But, I won't. I will double down and talk about how Ohio State only played six games and doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Everyone will be blasting me and talking about how I'm just giving bulletin board material to the Buckeyes and how dumb it was of me to say that. They will say I have written a check with my mouth that my butt can't cash."

Brent said, "OK. So, where do we come in?"

Dabo told them, "This is your job. Tell your guys that I have stuck my neck out and if we get beat it will be personally embarrassing for me. Tell them they have to go out and pulverize Ohio State in order to protect the honor of their head coach."

Tony said, "So, we give them the old 'Win one for the Gipper' speech."

Brent said, "And, we give it to them every day."

Dabo said, "Yep. You got it."

Tony said, "Sounds like a plan to me. I like it."

At least that is what my friend told me that the janitor heard.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no

Dec 28, 2020, 8:56 PM

they really just aren't that good, and Dabo is one of the best judges of talent in the business. Personally I think he was being kind as to not drag down our SOS.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, datboy just seen the tapes

Dec 28, 2020, 8:58 PM

He can’t help but show confidence when he knows a beat down is eminent

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mentioned this in a post last week about how Dabo does this every year

Dec 28, 2020, 9:01 PM

Last year it was about the CFP wanting us out for barely beating UNC and talking about putting UGA in even though they lost to SC

Year before he got the media in a frenzy when he said he’d quit coaching if beating a rival by 3 touchdowns wasn’t good enough

The year before that he got onto the media for questioning Ben Boulware about if we were past the “Clemsoning” reputation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo, master psychologist?

Dec 28, 2020, 9:05 PM

Orange man bad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 9:05 PM

Orange man bad.

Dec 28, 2020, 9:06 PM

Win or lose Dabo will say the same shlt if asked after the game! He is not disrespecting the team but the process. They will come out hot and firey for a bit until the game settles and it's talent vs talent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 9:10 PM

I actually have a different theory...and that theory is Dabo gearing up to club a baby seal again.

There have been some...issues, in regards to Ryan Day and some recruiting hijinks he's pulled towards Clemson that I've heard Dabo didn't care for. One thing I've seen with Dabo - when it comes to clubbing the baby seal, and pouring it on against an outmatched opponent, he usually doesn't; he'll put in the third-and-fourth stringers and go vanilla and keep the score respectable - but we've seen him show some shocking ruthlessness when recruiting was on the line, too. He made a Statement against Miami in Miami in 2015 when he put Al Golden to the sword to the tune of 58-0...and got Golden fired. (Not coincidentally, Miami was having their big recruiting weekend that very game!) He did it again in Atlanta this year when he dropped 77 on Georgia Tech. He nuked FSU a couple different times...and oh, yeah, he poured another 70 on Louisville when he was giving Bobby Petrino a happy sendoff.

That's really about it. He doesn't do it much.

With the exception of Petrino - which I think was plain old-fashioned dislike - rare displays of power like that have always seemed to be about recruiting. Clemson needs to maintain dominance in Florida. Clemson especially needs to maintain its dominance in Atlanta. If you've watched Dabo closely - and we have, for quite awhile now - this really sounds like Dabo pulling out his billy club prior to doing some rough work...and I suspect this is in regard to Ohio's bountiful talent pool, as well as the national perception.

My guess would be he intends to put OSU in their place...and thinks he can. Emphatically. We'll see if it goes down that way but I would not expect much mercy from Dabo if the game starts getting away from OSU. He's got...that look, if you follow.

Dec 28, 2020, 9:54 PM

That is like pr0n, man. You should charge money for that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

LOL I spit out my coffee over that line...

Dec 28, 2020, 10:01 PM

That is like pr0n, man. You should charge money for that.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Dec 28, 2020, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, master psychologist? ]

I agree 100%! I’ve been thinking the same thing. He is clearly not scared of these guys and he is planning to put a beat down on them! He is clearly talking to his team and letting them know he has confidence that they’re going to go out and take care of business and embarrassed Ohio State!

I’m like you. I think there are certain teams and certain situations where he talks through the media to get to his team and fire them up and I think he also goes to probably just the coordinators Early in the week and has a private conversation and says I want to knock these guys out! We’re going to Be aggressive and we’re not letting up! I think that flea flicker was one of those situations.

What really irritates me is the way the media always makes such a big deal out of things that Dabo says. Clearly it’s because they don’t like him. Because the media always complains about coaches and coach speak. But the minute Dabo says something spicy and interesting in a very old-school type of way they lose their minds and their hair is on fire and they bash him for it. If this was Nick Saban or Urban Meyer or Steve Spurrier they would be applauding.

And the way all of the Ohio State people are reacting. Especially all of their fans sites and their media outlets like Lettermen Row and other YouTube blogs they’re taking it so personal and making such a big deal out of it. Frankly they’re acting very insecure. They’re behaving like South Carolina fans. They talk about how big and bad they are but yet they have thin skin and are so defensive.

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

Dec 28, 2020, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, master psychologist? ]

That look:

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, master psychologist? ]

Speaking of all of this. Do you listen to Larry Williams’ podcast?

The week before the FSU game Larry interviewed the beat reporter for FSU and weirdly enough the FSU beat reporter said it would not shock him if FSU used Covid to get out of the game because they know Clemson’s gonna hang 80 on them and it’s going to be a ruthless beat down and how bad that would look for the program in recruiting. And fan support.

Then lo and behold FSU backed out because of Covid. And of course we all know what happened after that.

Next year FSU comes to death Valley. You know Dabo has already circled that on the calendar. You know Dabo is going to absolutely annihilate and nuke FSU next year! It’s going to look like the Romans unleashing the lions in the Colosseum. It’s going to be bloody carnage!

it moved, twice***

Dec 28, 2020, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, master psychologist? ]

Re: it moved, twice***

Dec 28, 2020, 10:30 PM

F U Tbalm and F the F’n horse you rode in on MF’r!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 10:33 PM

FU too, now you owe me an apology you POS.

Dec 28, 2020, 10:44 PM

No way. I have the right to say FU and you don’t to me because you hate my cousin so drop dead!

Dec 28, 2020, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, master psychologist? ]

Club a baby seal....is that like whack a mole or choke a chicken?

That was beeyutiful!***

Dec 28, 2020, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, master psychologist? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo takes the pressure off his team by putting it on him.

Dec 28, 2020, 9:59 PM

Did the same thing with the coot rant the week before VT ACCCG in 2011.

Namath did the same thing in 1968.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he was being charintible . . .

Dec 29, 2020, 1:12 AM

at voting them 11th. I wouldn't have.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic