Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo having almost gone to BAMA 3 times
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Dabo having almost gone to BAMA 3 times

Dec 16, 2015, 8:26 AM

worries me....What's he going to do when the head job opens up?

He almost left Clemson 3 times for likely lateral moves with his alma mater. Have to believe if/when the head coaching job opens up he'll listen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

If he's ever offered to be HC at Bama .. He Gone !!

Dec 16, 2015, 8:29 AM

and really, who could blame him? Most prestigious program in college football and oh yea, his alma mater.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If he's ever offered to be HC at Bama .. He Gone !!

Dec 16, 2015, 8:31 AM

All of those times were before he was the head coach here. If you're the wide receivers coach or recruiting coordinator, making the move to your alma mater is an easy transition. I don't see Dabo leaving Clemson any time soon, and he's smart enough to understand the snake pit that will be Tuscaloosa when Saban exits.

If anything, I'd expect him to let someone else go in, fail to meet expectations, then he can swoop in and put them over the hump and restore the glory. Of course, that's if he ever leaves Clemson. That's far from a guarantee.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 1:09 PM

Yes, but this is under the assumption that Davo would be the one to fail behind Saban. I for one think Dabo can turn any program around. He took our mediocre program and made it elite in 7 years.

I think he could sustain the success that Bama has had if he took over right after Saban left.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't go so far as to say that.***

Dec 16, 2015, 8:46 AM [ in reply to If he's ever offered to be HC at Bama .. He Gone !! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Me either. I think it's more likely if he can't get over

Dec 16, 2015, 8:48 AM

"the hump" at Clemson and win a national championship. If he wins it this year or next, why would he go? He's got himself a program he built at Clemson, that's his and no one else's. It wouldn't be the same at Bama.

Re: Me either. I think it's more likely if he can't get over

Dec 16, 2015, 8:55 AM

Be interesting to see what he does when the time comes. I would like to think he would stay here on all he has built but sometimes the call home is just too much to ignore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 8:49 AM [ in reply to If he's ever offered to be HC at Bama .. He Gone !! ]

uh, he is about to turn us into the most prestigious program in the country and we are about to build his taj mahal. why would anyone want to follow nicky anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He can accomplish everything he wants right here

Dec 16, 2015, 9:01 AM [ in reply to If he's ever offered to be HC at Bama .. He Gone !! ]

at Clemson, without the insane expectations that come with the Bammer job, and he knows it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I'm not as convinced that he's gone if they ever offered....

Dec 16, 2015, 9:06 AM [ in reply to If he's ever offered to be HC at Bama .. He Gone !! ]

I do think bama is probably the only school that he leaves us for.

but even if bama offered, I don't think it's as much of a foregone conclusion that he leaves that most/some think.

I don't think it's all about the "money" with swinney.

Not saying he stays, but not saying w/o a doubt that he jumps ship either

Re: I'm not as convinced that he's gone if they ever offered....

Dec 16, 2015, 9:08 AM

He's definitely not all about the money, but he could afford to pay coordinators as much/more than a lot of big school HCs at BAMA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: Dabo having almost gone to BAMA 3 times

Dec 16, 2015, 8:32 AM

And what if they offer 7 million

which could happen about a month from now if little Nicky

Dec 16, 2015, 8:37 AM

heads back to the NFL ..

Dec 16, 2015, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo having almost gone to BAMA 3 times ]

I don't think the money is all that important to Dabo. He already has millions, and I don't see it as the factor that drives him. We all will get to find out if he will move to AL one day, though. I would bet on that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo having almost gone to BAMA 3 times ]

dabo aint never been about the money. bama aint gonna pay him that anyway

Dec 16, 2015, 11:34 AM

We win it all this year and next, and Bama not winning one in about 5-6 years.
Heck them people would fire Nick to get Dabo there.
If you don't think Dabo would go home for a couple million more a year , well IDK.

Dec 16, 2015, 1:01 PM

I may be completely wrong in how I read Dabo, but I don't think money drives his decisions as much as some others. To him it always has seemed to be about more than just the money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Head job?

Dec 16, 2015, 8:32 AM

He!l I get worried every time one of Bama's coordinators gets hired by another school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You seem to know an awful lot about

Dec 16, 2015, 10:22 AM

head jobs?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Giving or receiving?***

Dec 16, 2015, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Head job? ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 8:37 AM

this is sure a potential problem!!I had no idea that he would even think of leaving for anything but Head Coach!!I no longer have the same confidence or trust in him ! had before!! bad situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 8:44 AM

I lived in Alabama during the 80's, just after Bear Bryant. It didn't matter who they brought in, those fans weren't going to accept anyone losing a game or to Auburn. Those fans are about winning at any cost. They do not value the things that Dabo has built his program on. In my opinion, he would be crazy to leave.

Clemson offers him the best chance for recurring Success

Dec 16, 2015, 8:47 AM

With the new facilities being built, I think Dabo has found a home. He would be foolish to leave the situation at Clemson. He is to be commended for getting the program where it is at present.

Dec 16, 2015, 8:52 AM

Gents - listen to the Finebaum interview - just because Alabama may come a calling doesn't mean Dabo will leave Clemson. Dabo was offered an assistant job under Saban but turned it down as he felt he had commitments to Clemson (too close to signing day). I feel fairly confident that Dabo will do what he believes the good Lord is leading him to do - worrying and gnashing your teeth over "what ifs" is an exercise in futility.

Just enjoy the ride while Dabo is at Clemson (however long that may be) and trust that God has a plan for both Dabo and Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe..maybe not.

Dec 16, 2015, 8:57 AM

If he does leave, next man up.

This isn't scar. . Clemson is bigger than any one person.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Maybe..maybe not.

Dec 16, 2015, 9:09 AM

Yep, our continued national success after the Ford years proved that....

This also isn't 1990.

Dec 16, 2015, 10:08 AM

Whoever takes over will have much better resources than Hatfield or west.

Mainly a larger commitment to athletics.

I was in school from 91-99. In that time I saw 2 new academic buildings go up, multiple dorms, and several upgrades to other facilities.

There were next to zero improvements to athletic facilities until the end up the bowden years.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: This also isn't 1990.

Dec 16, 2015, 10:25 AM

You're greatly underestimating Dabos impact on all things Clemson Football....

Head Coach Brent Venables.***

Dec 16, 2015, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Maybe..maybe not. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

No HC in their right mind would turn down an offer

Dec 16, 2015, 10:52 AM

to be HC at Alabama. If he is asked for an interview, he will give it a try. In his favor - winning coach, from Alabama and is an Alabama grad. It's all business, and Dabo will take over the Tide if it is offered. But, hey, he's the Clemson HC right now and is very happy here. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that Dabo may go if offered. BUT, there are a lot of

Dec 16, 2015, 11:07 AM

differences between being HC at Clemson and at Bama. Bama coaches and their families are under an enormous microscope and get lots of attention from media and fans/opposing fans (not all of it positive).

Sure, there is some of that here too, but Alabama is at a whole different level. It's not something everyone and their families can deal with. I think Dabo understands that and it may impact his decision if it ever comes to that.

#ACCFTS

Dabo wouldn't be the first Christian that was called insane.

Dec 16, 2015, 11:23 AM [ in reply to No HC in their right mind would turn down an offer ]

You wouldn't believe some of the things God has directed man to do. Start at the cross and work your way down from there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenade's

Dec 16, 2015, 10:57 AM

Wishful thinking coots.
GO TIGERS!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there

Dec 16, 2015, 11:02 AM

is no path and leave a trail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

He can go to Bama and live in the shadow of "Bear" Bryant and Saban, or stay in Clemson and create his own legacy. I'd be more worried about Scott and Elliot moving on to HC position at smaller a schools first.

I tried to cut all this bullchit talk off yesterday.

Dec 16, 2015, 11:21 AM

Finebaum's tweets are SEC spin. Dabo passionately wanted to get back into coaching and of course Bama was his first choice.

At three different times he believed that he'd landed a position on Bama's staff. He spoke of his bitter disappointment but his faith that God was directing his path was the center of the interview. Bama was not the central topic. God's perfect will was the focus of all three of Dabo's examples.

He also spoke of a close call he had with ND and was upset that Urban Myers got the WR coaching job. Do you think it's strange that Finebaum didn't tweet about Dabo almost going to ND? Nobody seems to have heard the interview except me. If someone has I wish they would please speak up and test my memory and perception of what transpired.

I quoted Finebaum's statement in response to Dabo's testimony exactly copied from the recording which is on my DVR. Here is the essence of that statement which I paraphrase, 'I guess there's really no reason for me to ask if you would return to Bama now.'

The reality of the situation was that Bama had left a bad taste in Dabo's mouth. He wasn't bitter about the horrible experiences though they turned his life and heart inside out. He was satisfied that God had a plan so much superior to his personal desire that Clemson had become the desire of his heart.

Only a man speaking about his wife could convey such a passion. It stunned Finebaum and left him with few words. The two radio helpers Finebaum had on the program were likewise stunned. From the looks on their faces they had an encounter with the God who had created the Universe and were facing some issues with Him. If you've never faced Him you probably won't understand. Many here know exactly what I mean.

Dabo told PF in a long and round-a-bout way that God had blessed him with Clemson. I don't know how anyone can stress over that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang....I ALMOST went to work today

Dec 16, 2015, 11:24 AM

But decided since Im retired, Ill stay home and do some work around the house. SKY IS F...........

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic