Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo-era all-bust team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Dabo-era all-bust team

Jul 24, 2017, 12:51 PM

Who ya got??

QB - $wag Kelly
RB - Mike Bellamy
RB - Jamie Harper
WR - Bryce McNeil
WR - Demarre Kitt
WR - Kyrin Priester
TE - Jay Jay McCullough
OL - Spencer Region
OL - Jake Fruhmorgen
OL - Shaq Anthony
OL - Patrick Destefano
OL - JK Jay

DL - Ebo Ogundeko
DL - Martin Aiken
DL - LaSamuel Davis
DL - Dane Rogers
LB - Lateek Townsend
LB - Scotty Cooper
LB - Justin Parker
DB - Cortez Davis
DB - Spencer Adams
DB - Desmond Brown
DB - Ronald Geohaghan

K - Richard Jackson

Granted, a lot of these guys were forced to give up football because of injuries...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jamie Harper

Jul 24, 2017, 12:53 PM

had some great games, though. I think he even blocked a punt vs Scar that helped us win that year. IMO, that's worth a scholly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jamie Harper

Jul 24, 2017, 12:54 PM

And played in the NFL hahaha

Both good points, and I considered tyshon dye for the spot

Jul 24, 2017, 2:16 PM

But I think Harper had a lot more potential and left a lot on the table in his time at Clemson. Never thought he had the attitude or the work ethic to maximize his potential

I guess he was a 5* recruit

Jul 24, 2017, 2:38 PM

depth chart wasn't an easy one to crack in those times.

Re: Both good points, and I considered tyshon dye for the spot

Jul 24, 2017, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Both good points, and I considered tyshon dye for the spot ]

Anything in particular that you noticed about his work ethos at practice and in the weight room? Cause Coach Greenlee loved him

Guy was built like a house

Jul 24, 2017, 3:14 PM

So no, Im sure he was a workout warrior who gave it his all in the weight room. Probably not fair to question his work ethic.

However, his attitude was sub-par at best

Re: Dabo-era all-bust team

Jul 24, 2017, 12:57 PM

It sucks that a handful of these were career ending injuries. JK Jay, Destefano, Parker, etc.

I wouldn't call them busts....***

Jul 24, 2017, 2:07 PM

Re: I wouldn't call them busts....***

Jul 24, 2017, 2:13 PM

Unless someone just flat out quit or did something stupid to get booted from the team, I wouldn't call any of them busts either.

That's why I included a note on that at the very bottom

Jul 24, 2017, 2:17 PM

Hard to consider a guy I bust if it wasn't any of his fault. Still, a highly-recruited guy who doesn't pan out because of injury is still a "bust"....no?

Unfortunate not a "bust".***

Jul 24, 2017, 8:37 PM

Jul 24, 2017, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo-era all-bust team ]

Not complaining but hate to group the injured and the dissapointments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2017, 1:04 PM

Unless a player flat out quit on the Tigers (Jake F) or had serious disiplinary issues (Chad) - not sure we should use the term "bust" in referencing any of our players, current or former.

Just sayin'...

Soooo, basically this list minus the guys who got hurt?

Jul 24, 2017, 2:26 PM

Look, injuries are awful and I feel terrible for all of these kids who were forced into giving up football. Im not throwing shade on them.

That said...if we recruit a kid for years, give him a scholarship, and he never sees the field because of an injury, that's still a bust, is it not?

Re: No, More Like No List at All***

Jul 24, 2017, 2:40 PM

So we have never had any busts before?***

Jul 24, 2017, 3:36 PM

Re: So we have never had any busts before?***

Jul 24, 2017, 6:44 PM

CU2013- I think this very classless. My brother was put on your list and I thought that was what made Clemson different. You don't have the first clue about the things that went on regarding these situations. The mods have definitely been letting idiots go too far lately. If you don't have anything better to do than trash people, maybe you should stop posting. Some people check the site for useful information, not to be reminded of some of the worst times in our family member's life. Get a life

you forgot

Jul 24, 2017, 1:05 PM

blue caddie........:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would you post this?***

Jul 24, 2017, 1:07 PM

Specifically in reference to injured players..

Message was edited by: soywaker®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Lighten up Francis

Jul 24, 2017, 2:22 PM

Was made in response to somebody posting an "All Dabo era team"

Thought it might be interesting to re-visit some of the guys in the past who didn't pan out.

FWIW, I did include a blurb about many of these being injury related

Wasn't trying to take a shot at any of these kids....what's the harm in noting somebody who was forced to quit because of an injury? Should we pretend it never happened? Sheesh

Also, Im not usually one to complain about TDs

Jul 24, 2017, 2:45 PM

But I think it's petty for people to do so simply because of a difference in opinion.

Jul 24, 2017, 1:09 PM

Why would we want to embarrass these guys. For one I don't think we all know the reasons they did not stay at Clemson or reach their full potential.

A list like this one IMO adds not one positive element regarding Clemson 's future success. And I believe it could have a negative affect in recruiting. It may not have any affect but then again it could cost us a really great player.

Nothing good comes from Clemson fans publicly criticizing past or present players.I say let the coaching staff handle criticism of players.

Otherwise "Once a Tiger always a Tigers" does mean as much when we tell that to every kid who has put on a Clemson uniform.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2017, 1:56 PM

We wouldn't, period. Only a coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot would post such material that has no good value for the CU program.

Oh lighten up Francis

Jul 24, 2017, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo-era all-bust team ]

Im not embarrassing anybody, it's a post on a public message board.

Just a look at some guys who didn't pan out for whatever reason. I wasn't intending to throw shade on any of these guys

Im all for the "once a tiger, always a tiger" thing except for a select few individuals

Jul 24, 2017, 1:36 PM

Jamie Harper had one of the best catches I've ever seen in my life against Auburn. Kid always said he was leaving in 3 years and stuck to it. Huge mistake on his part. Staying his Senior year may have changed his life.

That catch against Auburn...

Jul 24, 2017, 2:29 PM

I still might consider that to be one of the 3 most incredible plays I have seen by a Clemson player. I watch that clip regularly to this day

Shame we couldn't hold on. That game totally altered the course of our season

I would not consider Jamie Harper or Fruhmorgen

Jul 24, 2017, 2:03 PM

busts at all. Harper started a ton of games and made some spectacular plays along the way, and went on to have an NFL career. As for Fruhmorgen, he just wasn't happy at Clemson, for whatever reason, but played very well when he was here. He did not get beat out by Pollard as some claim, but was starting and playing well until he was injured. Then there are other players here who never got going due to injury; no way they could be considered busts.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dont get me wrong, Harper was solid

Jul 24, 2017, 2:32 PM

He had some nice moments, but he had the talent and potential to be a lot more. Hard to call him a bust....but....he left a lot on the table here

Fruh...well...Im not mad at the kid like several people on the message boards have been in the past. It didnt work out here for whatever reason and I wish him all the best.

That said, here is a consensus top-100 recruit who started half a season then quit....The coaches had big plans for him and Hyatt as bookend tackles for a couple years. That's a bust in my book

Jamie Harper played in the NFL

Jul 24, 2017, 2:21 PM

What are you talking about?

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You really think Harper maximized his potential here?

Jul 24, 2017, 2:44 PM

Look, I was a big fan of his while he was here....maybe thats why I consider him somewhat of a bust, because I always thought he was capable of more.

Dude was 230 lbs, ran a 4.5 40, was drafted in the 4th round, yet only recorded 1300 yards at Clemson.

His Jr year was pretty good, and probably does discount him as a true "bust." But he had the talent to be an all american, just lacked the right mindset and work ethic at times. Could have been a superstar if he came back for another season, which he probably should have done

As far as "playing in the NFL" goes....that is unrelated to what he did on the field while he was here...UGA fans would consider Isaiah Crowell a bust, and he has had a pretty successful NFL career. Harper had 30 carries in 2 seasons.

I almost put Martavis Bryant on this list too, considering his natural ability and his inability to make it all come together. But Bryant had some nice moments his Jr year too

Jul 24, 2017, 2:31 PM

I'd probably swap out Harper for Dye, since you're including guys that were held back by injury.

Jul 24, 2017, 2:32 PM

could still beat the coots 2017 team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2017, 2:38 PM

Removing the injury-based entries, there's only a few I'd count as busts. Kelly, Bellemy, Lakip and one or two others.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2017, 2:40 PM

I don't see CU2013 on this list . Don't fans who bust deserve to be on the same list? Weak thread dude. Weak.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I make an "All-Tigernet Bust" thread

Jul 24, 2017, 2:49 PM

I will put myself on the top of the list

;)

Jul 24, 2017, 3:00 PM

I would not consider any career ending injuries as Busts

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then what are they?

Jul 24, 2017, 3:45 PM

It's not like they quit or got booted off the team...BUT, they were also recruited and highly invested in by the coaches. They got a scholarship but never saw the field. You have to label them as something. "Bust" certainly doesn't sound very good on their part but it is what it is, right?

Jul 24, 2017, 3:02 PM

Why would you even want to put a list together based on your perceived failure?

Well, because it's July, and there isn't much else to talk about

Jul 24, 2017, 3:19 PM

Guys not panning out is a part of football. Every program experiences this. What's the harm in looking back on a couple such scenarios?

5 of 6 thumbs down? You deserve this. How is Kelly a bust if

Jul 24, 2017, 3:20 PM

he beat 'Bama 'fore Clemson? Heck, I'm certain he won some SEC players of the week.

Oh wait, he's bust with regards to the NFL, kinda like Tahj.

Totally get that.

Bout time you showed up!

Jul 24, 2017, 3:27 PM

Kelly was a bust at Clemson because he couldn't keep himself out of trouble...and it looks as if that worked out better for Kelly AND Clemson since he never would have seen the field here anyways

He had more success at Old Miss, and ended up with the same record vs Bama as Clemson did the past 2 seasons

I don't see what TB has anything to do with this, but nice try

HTH!

You'll be at 99% pulse by the end of today.

Jul 24, 2017, 3:47 PM

Kelly wasn't going to play over Watson, so him being a "bust" at Clemson has nothing to do with the fact that he wouldn't have played anyhow?

Wrong.

Lots of coot logic from you lately.

I vote no more posting til you've actually figured out that Kelly became something DESPITE Clemson.

Or wait, no he didn't. But he certainly wasn't a bust at the college level as you claim. With coot logic.

That's what I'm going for....

Jul 24, 2017, 4:05 PM

so keep the TDs coming. Being at 100% makes me look like a snowflake

I know you are purposely missing the point to tease me, but I'll bite anyways...

Kelly was a bust at Clemson because he was a highly recruited guy that didn't do anything noteworthy on the field while he was here. He may have started a couple games in 2014 (had he not gotten booted) but Watson would have overtaken him by the end of the year.

Where did I say he was a bust elsewhere? Where did I "claim he was a bust at the college level?" I acknowledged that he had success at Ole Miss, and that it ended up working out better for us AND Kelly: We made it to 2 championship games without him, and Ole Miss got a super-talented QB that helped make them relevant and won them a bunch of games.

Win-win, no?

Speaking of coot logic, why have you determined that Kelly is already a bust in the NFL? Kid is injured, still got drafted, and hasn't even had a single preseason game to show what he can do. He certainly has the talent (always has) and the pedigree for success. Just a matter of him getting his head on straight.

CK has far better odds of making it in the league than Tajh ever did. Loved me some TB, but he was never going to be an NFL-caliber QB

Re: That's what I'm going for....

Jul 24, 2017, 4:34 PM

Louie Le Lip®

I said keep the TDs coming.....dayum you LLL!

You should make another thread talking about this juan

Jul 24, 2017, 3:32 PM

hth

Wait

Jul 24, 2017, 3:47 PM

wut?

We talking bout lists?

Jul 24, 2017, 3:58 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

You forgot coaches.

Jul 24, 2017, 6:37 PM

Steele?
Spence?

Impressively bad list

Jul 24, 2017, 7:03 PM

Well done. Xavier Dye always comes to mind for me, but I think he started in the Bowden era

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Impressively bad list

Jul 24, 2017, 8:29 PM

always had high expectations for him. honorable mention

Jul 24, 2017, 7:10 PM

Nice! I like it.
GOOD EFFORT!??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is one you missed

Jul 24, 2017, 7:31 PM

LB - KORIE ROGERS

wow, great call

Jul 24, 2017, 8:30 PM

not sure how I forgot about him

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic