Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DRad should not have made public the things that he ,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

DRad should not have made public the things that he ,

Jun 11, 2014, 7:44 PM

supposably, outlined for JL to do. He should have fired him and got it over with. No way, should he have let this crap out to the media. DRad is proving to be a darn amateur.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree %100

Jun 11, 2014, 7:49 PM

No reason to put out your stupid "outline". Just tell us he's still the coach and he's gonna try to fix it. Regardless, he's just prolonging the inevitable.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree %100

Jun 11, 2014, 7:53 PM

every gamecock fan hoped Clemson would of fired Leggett.

Jun 11, 2014, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Agree %100 ]

sure agree!!we are doing the same thing over and over and think we will get different results!! will not happen

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

im sure drad cOuldn't throw a brick in the ocean

Jun 12, 2014, 8:05 AM

Without some one criticizing him for making the wrong move.

In this situation if he didn't lay out his plan I'm sure some one on tnet would have posted

Drad should tell us what he expects from Leggett.

DRad If you do, DRad if you don't

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jun 12, 2014, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Agree %100 ]

Yes he should have made the parameters public. I'm not in favor of keeping Jack but making conditions for Jack to keep his job is a good thing. As arrogant as Jack is, I can't see Jack visiting other staffs and listening to them. Drad has set up the conditions to fire Leggett .

Re: DRad should not have made public the things that he ,

Jun 11, 2014, 7:52 PM

???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All for one and one for all.

Jun 11, 2014, 7:55 PM

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20140611/PC0312/140619813/1038

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOLY TWO - FACED TOAD BATMAN!!!!!

Jun 11, 2014, 8:12 PM

I'm sure publicizing all of this will do freaking WONDERS for the optimistic culture of our program.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please tell me that is some article from The Onion

Jun 12, 2014, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: DRad should not have made public the things that he , ]

because if DRad gave that interview, the BOT should have fired HIM on the spot. Even if all of those things are in the works, there is no reason for that to come out...especially after the meeting between he and Jack.

And why no mention of using the Academic Common Market and JUCOs to help the program? Why no mention of doing things that help us stretch our baseball scholarship dollars? Things that actually help us improve the talent we have on the team. Instead DRad just points out mental ############ tricks that we are going to try for the next year. The Administration is just as much to blame for the slide in baseball as Jack.

Re: Please tell me that is some article from The Onion

Jun 12, 2014, 9:14 AM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT POST!!! all 100% true!!until the admin and BOT get behind our baseball program we atre what we will be!! WAY BEHIND the c$$ts and watching them pull away!!

Yeah, I mean, he's only been in an AD role for ~25 years.

Jun 11, 2014, 7:57 PM

As if he has any clue what he's doing. Darn amateur.

Agree, those old amateurs get all the top jobs.***

Jun 11, 2014, 8:00 PM

Jun 11, 2014, 8:09 PM

What an idiot! Mike MeGee trained. Drad needs his own PR manager to know what to say. How is he the AD?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be fine not retreading USuC's castoffs.***

Jun 11, 2014, 10:37 PM

Jun 12, 2014, 5:41 AM

Opinions are like aholes, everybody has one.

He did his due diligence. No contract extension, closing facility gap and recruiting issues. Now it's up to Jack. There will be a very short rope.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting that none of the objectives include anything

Jun 12, 2014, 7:44 AM

About winning baseball games.

Peanut, despite our opinions about Coach Leggett, I

Jun 12, 2014, 7:59 AM

suspect much of our AD's motivation was based upon limitations...limitations based upon input he received from those in higher seats of authority.

By that I mean the Board of Trustees. No administrator, tenured professor nor coach, who has been at Clemson as long as Coach Leggett has, is going to be summarily dismissed without involvement by higher echelons.

We can believe that Coach Leggett has his supporters among those higher echelons, much like Frank Howard did, and it's going to take some mighty potent convincing to have them boot the Coach Leggett types at Clemson.

Thus, our AD probably received some guidelines from the upper ranks, put them into effect and made a statement. And those guidelines did not include an abrupt dismissal of Coach L.

Now, what does that mean for the rank-and-file fan base? It means we do what we always have done and support our team wholeheartedly. Any coach, including Jack Leggett, will eventually tread the same path as others, based upon his success or failure, and at this point, Coach L hasn't failed enough to his higher echelon supporters to warrant his dismissal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Peanut, despite our opinions about Coach Leggett, I

Jun 12, 2014, 8:16 AM

or maybe it went down just like jack and drad said. it is drads job to hire and fire any coach. that is why he is hired. why does everything have to be some big conspiracy theory and always more than what is explained. it really aint rocket surgery. i am guessing if the 2 had not agreed on things we would have a new coach.

Re: I don't think you discipline a person or put restraints

Jun 12, 2014, 8:21 AM

on him then turn around and tell everyone what you did. I am not a Leggett fan but he should not have to work under this type of cloud. Tell him what he has to do and keep it in your house.

Re: I don't think you discipline a person or put restraints

Jun 12, 2014, 8:30 AM

agree 100% but my thought is he had to say something publicly to appease the jack haters. amazing how the haters want jack gone but when the reasons he is not gone are reported they dont like that either.

Re: Crap, he does not have to appease anyone. In time, we

Jun 12, 2014, 8:41 AM

will see the results of his work. If he does a good job, he will be rewarded. Act like a professional. I think that several in the sports media are p----d that this info was leaked to three or four members and not to all. You can't argue with the people who buy their ink by the barrel.

Re: Crap, he does not have to appease anyone. In time, we

Jun 12, 2014, 8:48 AM

as i said i agree 100%.

Jun 12, 2014, 8:05 AM

I'm going to ask until you reply. Why do you dislike Jack so much?

Re: The man has continually slipped backwards for the last

Jun 12, 2014, 8:26 AM

few years and the program is nothing compared to what it once was. We have come to the point where we can not consistently beat teams that we should have no problems with. Plus he comes across as a cocky, condescending person. Need I continue?

Jun 12, 2014, 9:01 AM

you wasted your time with that reply.

null

Jun 12, 2014, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: The man has continually slipped backwards for the last ]

i met jack in columbia at a coot game. he went out of his way to spend a few minutes talking clemson. i have heard him interviewed hundreds of times after games and on radio shows and have never thought he was condescending in the least. i sure dont mind a little cockiness. every coach worth his salt has some of that. my son went to his camp and didnt want to come home. just dont get all the hate.

I don't mind the terms coming out because nothing in that

Jun 12, 2014, 9:09 AM

article is negative outside of Fan's perception of Jack which needs to be addressed as he represents the University. Changes/improvements need to be made and now its public knowledge what is going in place and what is expected. Darned if you do and darned if you dont. Obviously, you can't please every fan out there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Jack's contract expires in two years. Not extending

Jun 12, 2014, 11:49 AM

that contract sends a very powerful message on its own. DRad outlined steps to help improve/modernize the culture on the team and shared that with the public so each side can be held accountable. I really don't see what the big deal is here.

For all his recent troubles, Leggett is an institutional part of Clemson and a prominent member of that family. This looks to be a very clean way to set up a transition period, with Leggett essentially on notice throughout. Not bad overall.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jack's contract expires in two years. Not extending

Jun 12, 2014, 12:04 PM

this is one opinion that just might be right.as much as I wanted him GONE he does deserve some respect..if MANY THINGS do not improve he MUST BE GONE after next year

Re: Jack's contract expires in two years. Not extending

Jun 12, 2014, 1:11 PM

I wish Drad had included a condition that you better beat Scar and get more wins. Given the number of players going pro with some of the recruits too,how can he hope to improve next year? No! The pressure will build starting with the Scar series . He better sweep Scar next year. Otherwise, the negativity of the fans will grow until Drad has no choice left but to fire Jack. We can't wait for the new facilities and using the ACM to take full effect.

Sure seems hard to envision this ending well now...

Jun 12, 2014, 12:57 PM

It is almost comical how eclectic and contrasting the approaches are when comparing Clemson football and baseball...

1) Football program points players to the Lord for strength while Jack's plyers need a shrink?
2) Football reaches out to other programs to keep that edge, some would say Jack comes off as being the HOF Coach who already knows it all and doesn't need help.
3) Football is humble to the press and readily accepts blame for big losses, Baseball quips with the media and identifies no areas (publicly) to right the ship. We just need a few more hits...seems so reminiscent of "we're just one play away?"

Football seems ahead of the curve on knowing what resources are needed and pushing the administration hard for them...they seem so proactive. Baseball falls back to facility problems when things go bad? It's hard to know if Jack or the administration is more to blame here? Regardless baseball seems far too reminiscent of Tommy Bowden's situation to me.

Anyone with a brain should know that Jack can coach baseball, but maybe there's much more to the position these days that he is not proactive enough on? I hope I'm wrong. Only time will tell.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic