Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Experts differ on Clemson ranking through 3 weeks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,908

TNET: Experts differ on Clemson ranking through 3 weeks

Sep 16, 2018, 10:56 AM

Experts differ on Clemson ranking through 3 weeks

We’re three full weeks into the college football season and have more of a sample size to rank the nation’s best teams. Clemson entered the weekend No. 2 in the Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PSU? Seriously? The BIG has had two of it's top teams knoc

Sep 16, 2018, 11:23 AM

knocked off by BYU and a first year coach at ASU. Herm might be the man but MSU is not good if ASU is beating them week 3.

Anyway it really doesn't matter. Clemson and Bama should have the best odds by far to be 1 and 2 so they can rank whoever they want top 5 right now.

The Big 10 to Penn St is the same as Clemson to ACC

Sep 16, 2018, 12:23 PM

what difference does it make at this point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Experts, haha, that's rich. Always makes me giggle.***

Sep 16, 2018, 11:25 AM

kurt isnt wrong bama and uga have dusted

Sep 16, 2018, 11:30 AM

teams they were supposed to dust..we have sputtered yesterday and eeked out a win at a&m..could we get better by the end of he season? sure..but right now uga and bama would eat our lunches

Re: kurt isnt wrong bama and uga have dusted

Sep 16, 2018, 11:55 AM

I disagree.

Teams often play to the level of the competition they are playing! Maybe the fact A & M had a bad year the year prior was a secret weapon! Had they been ranked #8 or something I think you see another level of focus. Look, it's human nature to take things for granted. To judge an opponent and dismiss them. You say, "why haven't UGA and Bama done that"? IDK, but I do know Dabo and company haven't been blown out by many of those type teams! Who were blowing teams out ( Auburn with Cam Newton in Jordan Hare and the game went to the wire). These kids know they have more talent than the rest of the ACC besides maybe FSU. I think you would get a totally different focus from these Tigers if Bama or UGA were on the field.
And A & M with Jimbo shouldn't be judged now. Wait and see if the so called "eeked out win" isn't a, "wow, I'm glad we were able to beat them win"! I think it will be when it's all said and done. BTW, Ole Miss was giving up almost 35 ppg prior to playing Bama....still impressed? Louisville had to rally to beat W. Kentucky. Just saying...too early to say that or to judge who is who.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

time will tell but there is no debating

Sep 16, 2018, 12:27 PM

our offense is far from where it needs to be right now..uga and bama have looked very good in their games though

Re: Currently

Sep 16, 2018, 12:05 PM

I see the Tigers ranking #6 to #7. Having to earn better is great motivation.

Kevin Carter?

Sep 16, 2018, 12:23 PM

PennSt went to OT versus AppSt

Sep 16, 2018, 1:50 PM

Should have lost in regulation. They should be ranked around 20th right now.

LSU has best wins so far.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Experts differ on Clemson ranking through 3 weeks

Sep 16, 2018, 2:04 PM

I could understand if Clemson has played their best ball but they haven't been close through 3 weeks of playing mistake free football. Where these goobs have Clemson ranked after 3 weeks is the least meaningful thing on the planet. Peter Burns is an over thinker. To say Mississippi State is a great team is asinine, literally.

I’ve watched Miss State play two games

Sep 16, 2018, 3:45 PM

Or good portions of it.

They have an outstanding QB, a great RB, very good OL..defense line is loaded and good LBs/secondary.

I’m not sure they are great but they have been more impressive than we have if you watch them play.

I get your upset because it is our Tigers but the fact is, we have not been impressive offensively. Until we start clicking, it is very rationale to downgrade us from the elite teams. Hopefully we get it together soon and start executing on offense similar to what we do on defense. Once that happens, we will most definitely be elite. Right now, the jury is still out.

I think it would do us some good to drop some in the polls frankly. This team needs a sense of urgency and to play with a chip on their shoulder. It’s not there currently.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Laughing as hard as humanly possible rn***

Sep 16, 2018, 8:29 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,908
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic